Need Chicagoland Farmer's Market ideas

LeePutmanJr

I'll be kicking off my 1st Whole 30 on September 1st, and as that date gets closer I'm trying to prep myself well.

One stumbling block is finding Farmer's Markets!  I'm in the Schamburg area - the one they have is Fridays 9am to Noon (um, people have JOBs, you know???), and very few seem to be in business after Oct 1st.

I have found a service called Door to Door Organics that I LOVE, but it's not cheap.

Anyone else have any good options or ideas?

Thanks!

-Lee

Hi Lee,

A little bit of a hike from Schaumburg but you can try www.Greencitymarket.com

It's a year round farmers market, held inside starting in November (outdoor in the summer of course) It's every Wednesday and Saturday. I have also used Irv and Shelly's fresh picks which is similar to door to door organics. You can also try www.eatwild.com. I have had good luck finding Midwest farmers who deliver their products to the Chicago area a couple times a month, many have drop offs in your area. Hope that helps a little. Looking forward to hearing from other Chicago area people with ideas also. I'm starting my second Whole 30 on September 1st. Best of luck on your Whole 30 journey!

~Lisa

• 3 weeks later...

Archived