Ginsinnot Back to Basics Whole 30

ginsinnot

Good morning Day 24:)

Had dinner out last night for a girlfriend's new business. Enjoyed an 8 ounce burger (they actually have signs about where they get their beef from locally) with mushrooms, onions, pickles, tomato, lettuce. Enjoyed a lovely glass of water (that's not even sarcastic!).

Feeling quite lovely. Tonights a bit of work at home to get road-trip ready. Looking forward to this challenge, I've not done it while on a W30 before. But I'm confident :D

I'm toying with the idea of hosting a big dinner with friends the next weekend, to cook a W30 feast to share with them and thank them for their support. And share the good food:)

Treated myself to a lovely nighttime facial serum from Fresh last night, something with black tea and a rather nice clean ingredient list. I've just recently seen the very first resistent sort of line on my forehead. I am not complaining, as I'm 36 with really lovely skin (thanks Mom and Grandma). Just seemed like a good idea. I've also been thinking a lot about "treats" in a new way. As in non-food/drink related. And emphasizing quality rather than quantity, even with non-food "treats".

Hello !  I hope you don't mind I've read your posts -  like you looking for something new !  I tried to find the breakfast meatballs that you love - but I couldn't find them. Are they on the website or in her cookbook?

I think you have quite a handle on the W30 !  I'm on day 15 and I hope I do as well as you do !

Thanks for the inspiration !

Hello !  I hope you don't mind I've read your posts -  like you looking for something new !  I tried to find the breakfast meatballs that you love - but I couldn't find them. Are they on the website or in her cookbook?

I think you have quite a handle on the W30 !  I'm on day 15 and I hope I do as well as you do !

Thanks for the inspiration !

I don't mind at all:) For the meatballs, I do adapt the recipe on a W30. But they're on her website, PaleOMG. I just did a search and you can find them if you use her search option and pop in "breakfast meatballs". I leave out the maple syrup obviously but also the bacon when I don't have compliant bacon (which is most of the time, it's sort of a treat to splurge on that). I don't browse her site too much when I'm on a W30... too many baked paleo goods that get my brain going in the wrong direction for W30.

And I've been make all kinds of meatballs lately. They're so easy to grab and go for breakfasts. I hope you have a great 2nd half to your W30 and keep enjoying feeling great.

Good Morning DAY 29!

I feel like this has flown by. I feel amazing and happy.

We had a great trip to Virginia. The Civil War demonstrations and events were really interesting. Winchester is a beautiful city with a 45 block historical district that I kind of fell in love with. They blocked off a few blocks and have the most beautiful shops, restaurants, and museum. There were lots of street musicians. And the weather was really gorgeous. We spend Saturday out at the battlefield, which was just beautiful. 545 acres of Virginia farmland and forests. Got to hike a fair amount of it with the living history demonstrators. I was beat at the end of the day, but really enjoyed the trip with my husband.

I won't log all my meals from the trip, but I stayed W30 :)   On the trip down, ate lots of veggies and my meatballs. Lunches out were usually bunless burgers with a salad (thought I got a plain sweet potato at one awesome place). We had a really great dinner at a steakhouse in an old mansion downtown. Wonderful service and such a beautiful setting. I had a filet mignon with a plain sweet potato and steamed veggies. Really great.

The way home was a little challenging, but I did it. Lunch was cold left-over steak from our night out with a half of a banana on the way home, as we were in a land of fast food and bad convenient mart food.

I'm glad to be home (though not as glad to be back at work). About to enjoy some breakfast meatballs (so glad I made extra and popped into freezer before our trip) with a few strawberries and coconut butter.

HAPPY DAY 30 TO ME!!

Breakfast today: well, I need groceries as I try to figure out breakfast. So to start, a 1/2 banana with some walnuts and coconut milk. Found some burger patties in the freezer. Enjoyed one with tomatoes, onion, an egg and Tessamae's BBQ.

Lunch: leftover spaghetti squash with meat sauce

Dinner: is going to be rotisserie chicken, raw veggies and guacamole before a movie with my husband.

I'll do my measurements and weigh myself tomorrow morning. I know I've made a lot of progress because I'm wearing clothes I haven't Ben able to wear in the last six months to a year. My skin is great. My energy is pretty awesome. I fall asleep easily in general. My mood is consistently great.

I feel happy:) And proud of myself.

GOODMORNING DAY 31

:D

So, I'm down from 148 to 140.5 pounds

Here are my measurements:

Bicep           12.5 to 12.1

Underarm    37.5 to 37.1

Chest           37.75 to 38

Rib               33 to 32.75

Waist            30.6 to 29.5

Belly             35.8 to 34

Hip                38.5 to 37.8

Butt               40.25 to 39.1

Thigh             23.25 to 22.25

Calf                14 same

I'm still going for now.

Day 31

Breakfast: burger patty, roasted tomatoes. Coffee. A peach.

Lunch: turkey, cucumbers, tomatos, mayo, guacamole with a lemon sparkling water

Not enough fat and protein I think between lunch and breakfast, because I'm starving at 4:30. Meeting a girlfriend for dinner, so grabbed a few pieces off my rotisserie chicken to tide me over.

Dinner: a this really great tavern a few times over. Had a delicious burger with garlic aioli and a side of cole slaw (they make it from scratch and shared their recipe, no sugar but it did have truffle oil which I would never have thought to put in cole slaw). Enjoyed catching up with a great friend.

Day 32 :)

Breakfast: lacking protein, but it's been a busy week and I haven't done any batch cooking with our trip last weekend. So, a small sweet potato with a fair amount of coconut milk, a few blueberries and walnuts on top. Trying out a new Starbucks "fall blend" coffee (no pumpkin spice junk, really, why does anyone like pumpkin spice coffee?). Pretty delicious and strong.

Away from home again this evening. Looking forward to doing some cooking Friday night, need to make some breakfast meatballs and a few dishes for lunches next week.

Lunch was a sausage with sauerkraut. Super tasty.

Dinner: Went to a family friend's home for dinner. They follow the Grain Brain diet, which isn't too far from the W30. But she knows that I'm doing my W30 and prepared a compliant meal. EXCEPT: she made a tasty cauliflower dish that included yogurt, which she thought was okay. And because we talked about the W30 before and what I did/did not eat, she thought everything was compliant. And so did I. Until I asked her for the recipe for the cauliflower dish, and it included greek yogurt.

So, I got dosed with dairy. And got a small stomach ache. And I'm stuffed up (nose) today. So, I went 31 days. But I'm starting over. Because I need to cement these habits. And keep on making progress in feeling better and happier and healthier.

Day One:

Sweet potato, coconut milk, walnuts, black coffee.

Archived