Starting Tues 8/26, anyone else?

BeccahRN

Hello!

Discovered the Whole30 a few weeks ago and my husband and I have been trying new recipes and experimenting as we transition (and already noticing the benefits!). We have held off on officially starting because we just got back from vacation. Tomorrow I have plans with friends so my official start date is going to be Tuesday 8/26, which I also chose because Day 30 will be 9/24, the day before my 37th birthday!

I know Tuesday is a weird day to start but anyone else starting Tuesday? I signed up for the daily emails and I already bought Well Fed and Well Fed 2, and like I said we have already started making changes.

Hope to hear from others who are also starting Tuesday!

-Beccah

Hi there.  I'm a 37 yo work from home, sometimes travel wife and mom of two.  They're starting back to school tomorrow so I'm making my start day 8/26 also so I can get through the first day of school with them.  I just found the Whole30 so I'll be reading a ton tomorrow and getting my groceries ready to go.  I'm nervous but I'm glad to find someone else starting on Tuesday as well.  I have 30 lbs to lose so I'm hoping this will be the kick start that gets me going.  Good luck!

HI I'm Dawn. I'm also starting tomorrow. just got back from vacation too. I have 50+lbs to get rid of..I don't want to loose it, which means I will eventually find it. lol Want it gone for good this time.. I'm 50 years old and a mom of 2 and a grandmother of 1. I really need some support. I would love to join the two of you in a support group.

Dawn

Hi Dawn and Erin! So glad to hear from both of you! I am a mom of 3 (11 year old twins and an 8 year old) and I work 4 days a week as an oncology infusion nurse (chemo nurse). Should we just use this thread to keep in touch? Are you all set for tomorrow? I have to pack my lunch tonight, back to work tomorrow after vacation. Excited to officially start! :)

Hi everyone!  I'm Allie.  I am starting tomorrow too!  I hope to spend a good part of tomorrow cooking and planning meals for the week to help keep me on track.  My kitchen is prepped. I can't wait to feel better!  I'm 37, mother of 3, married to a great husband, a physical medicine and rehabilitaton nurse, and a student nurse practitioner.  Let's do this!

Hi Beccah and welcome Allie. I didn't make it to the store yet. I got breakfast covered and lunch but not dinner veggies. Having pork chops for dinner. I think here is good for communication. If you want you can friend me on Facebook. It's under Dawn Cloakey from New Mexico. I have a pic of me and a pic of my granddaughter for my cover photo. Should be easy to find me. Well I'm gonna relax and try not to think about snacking.

Dawn

I didn't prepare that well today, kind of scrambled to make my lunch this morning, I'm blaming it on back to school week craziness. But I did mix up a can of chicken with my homemade mayo, some onions and spices and I'm having that with lettuce and avocado, almonds and an apple. Feeling pretty good today. Hope Day 1 is going great for all of you :)

Last night went good. Hubby grilled pork chops and roasted cauliflower. Had fresh pineapple and cantaloupe for desert. Was craving the box of Crunch n Munch on the counter about 8pm but had a plum instead. Wasn't the same sweetness but I survived. Now for today. Had a good breakfast to start the day off with. Sausage, 2 eggs and an avacado.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Dawn

Allie, I have made it 3 times now and it's turned out pretty good each time. I use a small food processor, it think it's a 3 or 4 cup capacity. It's essential that the egg and lemon juice be room temp. When I am getting ready to make a batch I crack an egg in the bowl, add the 2 tbsp of lemon juice and then walk away from it for about 2 hours. Then I add the 1/4 of oil (olive oil, must be the light yellow "light tasting" kind), the salt and dry mustard. Pulse that a few times. Then, the key is also to add the remaining 1 cup of olive oil very very slowly as it is blending. You want to continuously pour the oil with the thinnest stream you can manage (avoid dumping the oil in). It takes 3-5 full minutes to do this (with the motor running that long my machine gets hot, hoping I don 't burn the motor out one of these days). Once all the oil is incorporated what's left is a beautiful thing (the best mayo I've ever had). Try it again and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

post-50173-0-21808900-1409167603_thumb.j

Dawn, sounds like a good first day. I'm feeling a bit of the hangover today but overall feeling good. Heading to the store soon to stock up on more fruits, veggies and meat. I have not tried the mayo with avocado oil, just he light tasting olive oil. Happy Day 2 everyone!

Hi everyone,

Doing real good today. I did cheat and get on the scale though. Need to see it going down for that extra motivation to keep me straight. I'm down 4lbs as of today. Went to the store yesterday and got more veggies and fruit. The vegies are my hardest part. Trying to come up with different ways of fixing them. I guess I need to check into this book everyone is talking about. I hear it has some real good recipes. Can't wait to check it out.

Well, I'm off to get some more work done. Check back in later.

Dawn

Dawn,

Congrats on your weight loss!  I can't get on the scale for the opposite reason. I feel it may take away my motivation!  I want to see this through to the end!  If you are looking for recipes, check out theclothesmakethegirl.com.  That's where I got most of mine!

Here's to a great Day 5!

Allie

Allie, getting on the scale yesterday helped me with NOT eating chocolate last night. I was craving it so bad and had the attitude "I'll just start over tomorrow", but thinking about the loss on the scale, I went shopping instead. lol Went to Kohls and bought a new top and 2 new purses for under $45 and they normally cost around $130. I had coupons!!! plus Kohls cash!! I love Kohls!!

As of this morning I'm down 5lbs in 6 days. I'm so excited this is working. I'm back to what I was at the beginning of summer. I know they say one of the rules are to not get on the scale, but it's what keeps me strong.

Well off to fix breakfast

Dawn

Just a reminder, folks, no scale for the duration of the Whole30. That's a fundamental part of the program rules.

Please please please hide the scale for the rest of your Whole30.  :)

Focus on how you're feeling and any other non-scale victories you notice as you go through the process.

I know Tuesday is a weird day to start but anyone else starting Tuesday? I signed up for the daily emails and I already bought Well Fed and Well Fed 2, and like I said we have already started making changes.

Hope to hear from others who are also starting Tuesday!

-Beccah

I (weirdly) started on the Wednesday...can I join you guys?

I'm a 40-year old mom of two, have been mostly paleo for the past few years, but needed to get away from the sugar and the "paleo treat" mindset. This is my first W30 and am slowly making my way through ISWF. I'm starting back at work full time this week after working part time and being home with my kids for the past 7 years (read: lots of time to plan and prep meals), so it's going to be an interesting week. Lots of food prep and focus. But I love a challenge!

Good Evening everyone,

Welcome KayKay

I went and bought a food processor today. Made the mayo and ranch dressing. The mayo was good but not sure about the ranch dressing yet. I didn't have fresh herbs so I used dried. So now it needs to set all night before the herbs soften up. The trick to the mayo is to pour REALLLL slow and let the egg and lemon juice set out at room temp for 2 hours before starting. I used the low speed to blend it.

I'm almost all packed up for our camping trip this week. We leave tomorrow and return on Saturday. Cant wait till summer is over for us and the camping ends. With my husbands job we're able to go camping about 4 times a month. And living in the desert we start in April and go to the end of September or first of October. Well off to finish laundry so I can finish packing.

Hope everyone had a great day.

We can do this

Dawn

Hi everyone!

Sorry to be MIA, with work and back to school, life has been hectic. But it's Day 11 and I'm still going strong! I have to say I'm feeling pretty good. I feel lighter and my clothes are fitting a little better. I am not having any of the stomach pains/upset I used to just live with as part of everyday life. I am not getting the afternoon sugar crash/slump. Overall, despite being exhausted from life and work in general, I feel pretty good. I didn't get to all the recipes I planned this week and ended up throwing a lot of things together last minute but we managed. My mom is doing it too, and my husband (doing it with me) makes us breakfast every morning which helps a ton.

Anyway, didn't want you guys to think I forgot about you! 

KayKay - my mom's name is Mary Kay but my kids call her Kay Kay ;)

Have a great weekend!

Good evening everyone.

I'm off on a camping trip right now. Sitting by a lake. Been fishing today and caught 7 white bass and 1 catfish. Good eating next week. Hope everyone is doing good on the program. I'm doing good so far. Not having any of the problems everyone talks about. Well I'm off to eat dinner. Grilled chicken and green onions with some fruit for dessert.

Have a great evening

Dawn

Archived