Starting Tues 8/26, anyone else?

BeccahRN

KayKay - my mom's name is Mary Kay but my kids call her Kay Kay ;)

Have a great weekend!

:) My daughter's name is Kaylin but when she first learned to talk she called herself Kay Kay, and I've used it for years now.

Where is everyone? Anyone still with us here?

Dawn

I'm here! Congrats on getting to the halfway mark! Tomorrow is halfway for me. I feel great. Have definitely shed a little weight. Meals have been easy, not too different from how I normally eat...but I realize how many nibbles, handles, bites, etc. of junk I was consuming each day, like stealing a spoon or two of my kids' cereal on its way to the table. (Although I do miss licking the peanut butter knife after making their sandwiches!)

This weekend will be my biggest challenge--a big get together with friends with lots of snacks, drinks, and desserts. I'm bringing a big veggie tray, my own chicken, and some club soda with limes. Wish me luck!

I'm here! I made the Taj Mahal Chicken and Cauliflower soup from theclothesmakethegirl.com.  I don't think I did a great job with the chicken though.  Part of this challenge for me has been learning how to cook different foods. I don't know if I am losing weight or not.  I am trying not to think about it and I am trying to focus on knowing that this is healthier for me.  Although I REALLY hope that at the 30 day mark I can get on the scale and notice a difference!

Allie

Hi everyone

Felling a little bummed today. Its gloomy outside and I have lots of yard work to do that I don't want to do. It's been raining quite a bit this last month so the weeds are getting out of control.

Yesterday I made the Italian sausage eggplant and the velvety butternut squash from WellFed. It was really good. Tomorrow I'm making the meatballs and cabbage. I still need to make the BBQ sauce for the pulled pork. Think I will make that for dinner on Sunday.

Anyone here doing a repeat of W30? I'm doing it at least 1 more time. Maybe 2. I need to loose quite a bit of weight and want to get my stomach down a few inches. My stomach is my biggest problem along with my thighs. Don't get me wrong, I need to loose weight all over, but those are my 2 biggest areas.

Hope everyone is having a great day and sticking to the plan. We are over the half way point already so no giving up now.

We can do this and will

Dawn

Hi everyone,

I stopped getting notices to my email, hmm. Anyway, day 18 and going strong! Feeling really good. Definitely lighter. I will be doing more than 1 whole30 but with short breaks in between. Sometimes having to do so much cooking and planning is a drag but it's worth it. Hope you all are doing well!

Hi Everyone,

Doing good today. Had plenty of energy today but tired tonight. I made BBQ pork chops, cucumber salad, and spaghetti squash for dinner. the BBQ sauce was ok, but I miss my Baby Rays. It's full of sugar though.

Well, I hope everyone has a good weekend

Dawn

I agree, I normally plan my meals but this is getting exhausting. I've been cooking batches of meat at night so that I have food for lunch and dinner the next day. And I'm getting a bit bored because I just haven't had time to try some new recipes, so I'm sticking with my standard paleo meals. I'll have to get creative this weekend!

We're over the hump!

Day 23! 1 more week to go. For those of you who have Well Fed 2, this week I made the Fiesta Pork Chops and the Thai Basil Beef and both were excellent. My family really liked both meals.

Starting to think about how I'm going to eat after day 30. I am pretty happy eating this way so I really want to stick to it as much as possible after and just make some exceptions here and there. I have quite a bit of weight to lose and I want to keep this momentum going.

Anyway, who's still around? Hope you all are doing great :)

Hi Beccah

I think it's just us and maybe KayKay now. You should both come over and join me on the other thread I'm on. We're pretty active and very supportive there. It's called "Starting My Whole 30 25th August" It's started by Wholedlyon. There are a few of us doing a repeat of W30 at the end of this one.

As for me, I'm doing ok. Struggling to get in all the veggies and protein. I need to get better at breakfast. That's my biggest problem. I'm just not a breakfast person usually. I drink my coffee and then don't eat. I plan on cooking some bacon up today so It won't take so long to cook breakfast and see if that helps. I'm use to eating oatmeal or a protein shake for breakfast. Something quick and easy. I made the meatballs from wellfed and everyone loved them. I made enough to have for dinner the next night, but my hubby took them to work for his dinner. I use !/2 ground pork and !/2 hamburger to reduce the cost some. I can't find ground pork for under $3 lb. Not use to buying meat of any kind for the last few years. My husband is a hunter so we have eaten venison for the last 10+ years and haven't had to buy meat. The last 2 years hasn't been good hunting so we are now out of meat and I have to buy all of it at the store. It really sucks.

I've been reading labels more carefully and been catching a lot of things saying it "could" contain Soy, Sugar, or Milk in the ingredients. Crazy! either it does or doesn't, which is it! I really wish I had better stores to shop at for groceries. The only store that carries "healthy" food is Sprouts, which is an hour away on the other side of the city. I only get there about every 2-3 weeks. And their expensive! Rumor is we're getting a Trader Joe's just not sure what side of the city it's gonna be on.

Well enough of that. Hope your doing great today and you come and join me on the other thread.

We can do this

Dawn

I'm still here and excited to be getting closer to the end! I picked a really busy time to try this - back to school time, back to full time work...so I often find myself cooking meat at 10pm so that we have dinner mostly ready when we all get home at 6pm. But I'm loving that I'm not even thinking about calories. I've polished off almost a half of a jar of coconut butter in these three weeks, but I don't care :) I feel great!

I know I'll probably do another W30 at some point but I can't bear to do it in October - we have three birthdays, our wedding anniversary, Canadian Thanksgiving and Halloween and I would like to enjoy at least one slice of cake and one slice of pumpkin pie in there at some point. So I'm considering November for my second round. We'll see.

Dawn, are starting right away, or do you take a few days off in between?

I'll check out the other thread! Way to go everyone...so far, so great!

KayKay, I'm going straight into the next W30 without a day off. I feel if I take a few days off then my husband will push me to not eating good again. He'll want something breaded and fried or something along those lines. I think the best thing for me is to go straight into the next 30 then later decide if I want to do the reintroduction to foods or even another 30. I'm thinking of doing a W90 to help me get to where I need to be weight wise and health wise before doing a reintroduction of foods. I need to get better at reading labels and cooking compliant meals before I try to do anything new. Will be starting a new thread for those of us wanting to continue on with a W60. Your welcome to join us if you want to.

We can do this

Dawn

Wow, good for you! I definitely want to "ride my own bike" for a while (and have cake on my birthday next month!). This has been a fascinating and educational process, but I do miss a few things and am going to try applying what I've learned. I'm thinking of doing another round in November though.

Just checking in again - I can't seem to get my butt over to your other thread. (I feel like it's too late now, LOL). I'm excited to be down to less than a week! Overall, this was way easier than I anticipated, although there was definitely room for improvement in the way I did my first W30. Eating compliant meals was easy, and I was happily surprised over the past week to find I can go a lot longer than I thought between meals (probably because I've been increasing my meal size this month). But getting around that desire to finish off a meal with something sweet is going to take more time. When I do my next W30, probably in November, that will be my focus.

How's everyone else feeling this final week?

Hey everyone

Doing good here. Out of town right now so I can't take measurements and weigh in till Thursday morning when I get home. Can't wait! I know I'm down a little, but not as much as I had hoped. My next W30 I will be a lot more strict with the meal plan. I have to get better at precooking breakfast and lunch as that is where I'm lacking.

Beccah, if you want to join the few of us that are continuing on with another W30 just let me know. I think we're starting a new thread so I'll let you know what it is.

Kay, good luck on doing your reintro and hope to see you back on here soon. Just message me and I'll let you know where I'm at.

Off to dinner now.

We can do this

Dawn

Day 29! Proud of both of you, you are doing great! Thursday is my birthday and I will definitely be having some treats. I'm going to try continuing on at maybe 80/20 and see if I can maintain that. But I am sure I will do another whole30 at some point. Congrats ladies!

Hey girls,

I put on my swimsuit this morning and it's looser! Not that much but just in the stomach area. I haven't lost a size yet but things are starting to fit a little better. Finally!! Hoping that with doing another W30 back to back I can get down a size or two. Wish me luck!

We can do this

Dawn

Hey girls,

Come over and join us on the new thread. its called Whole30 starting 24/9/14. David and I just started our 2nd W30 and Lisa is on day 25 of her 1st W30. We expect a couple of others to join us too. David lost 20lbs and I lost 7 on our 1st time around and we plan on doing even better this time. I know I am since I now know what I'm doing and getting better at cooking the meals and reading labels. Hope to see you there.

We can do this

Dawn

Archived