Fat on Pork and Red Meat

EvB

Ok - so this may explain why I never lose weight on a W30 but I LOVE the fat on pork and red meat. When I grill it for my family, I'd rather eat the fat than the meat. How terrible is this? I think back to all those "Little House on the Prairie" books I read as a kid and they were always cooking and eating the pork fat. Any thoughts?

I made a Pork roast last night (Organic and Grass Fed), I was chomping down on the fat and it felt so decadent and soooo wrong but was delicious. Something I definitely wouldn't of done before W30. And by all accounts its positively ok :-)

I had thought the same too! Well relearned that fat doesn't make you fat. I thought it was a replacement for carbs. But I suppose no matter where your source of energy is drawn from be it carbs or our fat sources, well if you don't expel that energy it's still going to get stored??

When I was in Spain a few years ago I had deep fried pork crackling as tapas. I felt so guilty (what could be worse than deep fried fat? !), but I was a little drunk and it was delicious so I was fighting the boys for it. Now I'm like "that's the best idea ever! ".

But yeah, eating to excess is still eating to excess, calories do count at some point. Unfortunately.

I am going to fry a bit of the crackling off the next pork roast I buy though...

Archived