autodoor's first whole30, start date 8/25

autodoor

This is my very first whole30. I have a huge range of physical/mental health issues that I suspect are connected in some way that I hope will be helped by this series of changes.

• bipolar disorder, manifesting mostly as major depression these days
  • anxiety
  • major fatigue
  • migraines
  • gluten intolerance
  • potential dairy issues
  • weight gain
  • GI disturbance

It all seems so systemic. I've gained about thirty pounds over the past two years without even trying--partially due to med side effects, partially due to not exercising, partially due to eating too many refined carbs. I'm gluten-free, but as we know, that doesn't mean I'm not eating a lot of processed replacement food. 

My goals are to start gentle exercise during this month, to eat well, to sleep at reasonable hours, to manage my stress, and to continue self-care.

I went shopping today for the first few days' worth of meals. The only thing I'm not sure about is breakfast--I've never been a big breakfast eater, and when I am, it's sweets, carbs or lattes, not eggs or savory. I need to think about how to approach breakfast. 

I also had a compliant dinner to test it out. I need to pick up some coconut aminos, is my conclusion--my stir-fry was too bland even with some spices and hot sauce.

Hello autodoor!  My start date is 8/26.  I've pushed mine back many times, but I've started reading the book and feel better armed and dedicated.  I would love to be support-mates as we take this adventure!  

I too am doing this because of mood disorders that I am sure are affected by my food intake.  I've battled:

anxiety

depression

eating disorders

since puberty. And (as made obvious by the eating disorders) food is my primary coping mechanism.  I am hoping to see how to regulate my hormones as I eat better as well.

We can do this.  We are so lucky to be able to have the access to methods like this.  I'm around and happy to be a cheerleader.

Archived