Guacamole - individual, prepacked serviings

My wife just brought home a great find from Coscto last week.  It's called Wholly Guacamole Minis.  It's a box of about 16 or 20 individually packaged 2 oz containers of organic guacamole.  

The ingredients are pretty straightforward: organic avocado, organic dehydrated onion, organic white vinegar, salt, organic granulated salt.

Unfortunately I do not know what the price was, but I am sure it has to be comparable or cheaper then buying fresh avocados.  I would not recommend completely substituting fresh avocados for this, but it's certainly a great and convenient way to get some fat with every meal. I have been taking one along with lunch after day at work.  And then I can avoid the problem of what to do with the other half of an avocado if I cut it open to eat half of it.  

I like that since it's prepackaged, it should last a little longer in the fridge then a larger container of guac, and than fresh avocados.  

Thanks for the great tip!  I can't wait to get some!

When I am using only 1/2 an avocado, I wrap the unused portion in Saran Wrap and stick it in the fridge.  The saved half an avocado may look sort of ugly (brownish) the next day, but is still quite tasty.  Though it probably helps to note that I prefer my avocados to be more mushy than firm.

I am LIVING on Wholly Guacamole. Okay, not exactly true. One serving a day, I promise. Today with baby carrots. Yesterday as a sub for mayo in my tuna salad! Trader Joe's also has a compliant guac called "Avocado's Special Number" that's sold as "party trays" (about 3 servings) that I use at home, but like the fruit itself, goes brown after a day. I have to transfer it to a tupperware. 

• 2 weeks later...

My wife just brought home a great find from Coscto last week.  It's called Wholly Guacamole Minis.  It's a box of about 16 or 20 individually packaged 2 oz containers of organic guacamole.  

The ingredients are pretty straightforward: organic avocado, organic dehydrated onion, organic white vinegar, salt, organic granulated salt.

Unfortunately I do not know what the price was, but I am sure it has to be comparable or cheaper then buying fresh avocados.  I would not recommend completely substituting fresh avocados for this, but it's certainly a great and convenient way to get some fat with every meal. I have been taking one along with lunch after day at work.  And then I can avoid the problem of what to do with the other half of an avocado if I cut it open to eat half of it.  

I like that since it's prepackaged, it should last a little longer in the fridge then a larger container of guac, and than fresh avocados.  

Thank you for this link, Juice.   I bought some because of your tip.   I also like the idea of using one for a salad dressing.  I'll do that today.  You can take it in your purse.   Thanks a million.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived