Thank you! My cholesterol is better than ever!

beckylinn

I started my first Whole30 on July 14. My scale was down 10 lb after successfully completing the Whole30. I was very pleased with that and after reintroduction of foods the number has slid back up a bit but not much. I didn't take measurements but I know there were good changes.

My biggest victory has been my bloodwork. I had a dr appointment today and I'm still floored by the changes.

In May, on my 39th birthday, I received a prescription for Crestor (cholesterol lowering drug). Here are the numbers justifying that:

Cholesterol, Total 215

HDL 34

Triglycerides 206

LDL 140

Chol/HDL Ratio 6.3

Every one of those numbers is out of range.

Today my blood work looked like this:

Cholesterol, Total 114

HDL 31 

Triglycerides 103

LDL 62

Chol/HDL Ratio 3.7

I've cried, happy tears, a lot today. Doing the Whole30 was tough as I was on vacation at my parents for the month and I traveled several times - lots of special occasions, eating out, etc. I feel totally vindicated for sticking to the plan and working so hard. I feel like I've finally established a positive feedback loop regarding my diet and health and I look forward to crafting plans for my future lifestyle. I'm so, so happy. I know that with some exercise I can get my HDL up to where I need it to be. And best of all, the doctor wants to cut back on the Crestor as my overall number is actually too low! 

I thank you all for sharing this journey. It's so much easier knowing there are others out there tackling the challenge. Best wishes for continued health and success for you all.

Archived