Time of the month and Whole 30

bede0713

So I'm on day 9 of my 2nd Whole 30 (consecutive so I guess I'm on day 39 of my Whole60!).  I've been feeling great but the past few days I'm absolutely exhausted.  I couldn't get out of bed this morning to workout - like I was in a serious fog and couldn't wake up completely to physically get out of bed.  I got my period today and I'm wondering if this is my bodies new way of symptoms with my monthly cycle?  Last month (during my first 30 days) my period was great - super light, no cramps or headaches.  Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.  TIA:)

On average I need to eat more as much as a week before my period.  And I'm not talking a little more - I am talking about nearly doubling food quantities at meal times.  It actually freaks me out a little on how hungry I get.  I literally am a walking stomach.  And interestingly enough I will generally lose some weight at this time. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am at the tail end of my PMS week (should get my period tomorrow). I spent all weekend starving (while feeling like I was eating plenty). I also had a massive blood sugar crash which then led to a food without brakes moment with some bananas. I also very randomly get a horrible sore throat every month a few days before my period (I think I may be the only person on the planet that this happens to!) and was really hoping that my whole 30 would straighten that out but it hasn't. Maybe next month! (my goal is to do a whole 90 to REALLY help my eating habits in the long term).

So, for future reference, the PMS week plan is to overly abundant amounts of compliant foods?

Yes, PMS week is lots of starchy, compliant carbs.  Long story short, your body neeeeeds more carbs leading up to your period.  Remember - your body is preparing for a potential pregnancy every month, so before your period starts, your body starts thinking it needs more energy *just in case*.  Thus, the cravings.  Feed the cravings, but in a compliant way.  

Archived