Not mentally tired - just feel weak

Rita B.

Hi - My husband and I are doing our first Whole30 together. We eat more or less the same meals and portions, as I do all the cooking and we're on the same schedule. We both are committed to this and are doing it according to the rules. We're on Day 9. He feels fantastic, and I feel....meh. I'm not brain-foggy or "tired," I just don't have any oomph. Carrying the toddler up the stairs feel like a huge task and I just feel heavy and clumsy. We're eating lots of eggs, grass-fed beef, pastured chicken and tons of salads and plenty of veggies. We eat a few olives with our salads and typically 1/2 an avocado each. I include the cooking oils in the amount of fat (ghee, coconut oil, or olive oil). I'm not hungry between meals, but I am definitely hungry come meal time. I just would love a bit more spring in my step. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Rita

• Moderators

You might try increasing carbs by making sure you sweet potatoes, butternut squash, pumpkin, etc. That might boost your energy. It is strange that you and your husband are having such a different experience.

It took me a while to get the energized effect. Like, midway through my second whole 30. There was a 4 week break in between. A few days ago, after always and forever not eating breakfast right when I got up, I was hungry when I got up. And my step totals (I use a FitBit) are up too, without me feeling like I'm pushing a huge extra effort. I just seem to want to move more and get things done.

Men and women really are built different, and different individuals also have different metabolisms. All I can say is "patience grasshopper". I felt good after my first 30 -- my sinuses cleared up a lot and I lost my sluggish headachy feeling -- but it seems that there are still changes to be felt much later than that.

Archived