Still snacking... Still W30?

EvB

Hi,

I posted about this early in my W30 but now I'm on Day 19 so it seemed worth a revisit. I am following the template and eating clean, but I'm still snacking endlessly at night. This isn't about whether my template meal is the right balance or if I'm drinking enough water. It's that I have a compulsive eating disorder so it's still going strong, despite being W30. So I'm wondering if I should just keep going after Day 30 to try and get the disorder under control, or be happy with the fact that I ate clean and stuck to the program - sort of - and move on. I feel like I'm not really doing a W30 because I'm still snacking but it has proven to be a harder beast to overcome than I had imagined. On the flipside, I've tried and failed at W30 no less than 10 times in the past so simply getting to Day 30 despite snacking will be major for me. No added benefits. I still sleep poorly and certainly haven't lost weight or shaped up or tamed my sugar dragon, but I did it. I guess? Thoughts?
Thanks!

• Moderators

You are falling short of meeting the call of the Whole30 by "snacking endlessly" at night. Here is what I recommend: Start eating four meals per day. Space them so that your last meal is about 90 minutes before you go to bed. Do not snack at all. Eat enough at your meals to keep you satisfied. 

Find something to keep you busy at night besides eating. Go for a walk, work a crossword puzzle, polish your cookware, learn to knit....

Thanks for the suggestions but sitting down and crafting isn't an option as I have small kids and big kids and find myself shuttling endlessly around their evening activities. Once they're asleep, however, I'm wiped out and the snacking stops! Tom the suggestions of four meals sounds good and more do-able. I'll try to commit to that for the remainder of my W30

Archived