Late evening post workout fuel

magda

Sometimes (usually twice a week) I attend crossfit class that finishes at 9 PM. I need to get my breath back, shower, get dressed etc. so it's maybe 9.30 PM when I'm able to eat something. I don't like the idea of having a full meal so late at night since I basically go straight to bed and I have trouble sleeping with my stomach full. Could I have a protein shake as my post-workout "meal" on these days? I know we're not supposed to drink our food, but I'd like a lighter and easily digestible option that would at the same time be reach in protein and good carbs. If a shake is "forbidden", I'll be thankful for any suggestions. So far I can think of scrambled eggs with sweet potatoes and... not much more ;)

I usually work out late (9-10 p.m.) and am interested to hear suggestions as well. I end up (and this is not ideal obviously) eating a light dinner after the workout - otherwise I wake up starving. But, definitely end up staying up later because of this as well...

After my late workout tonight I had an egg scramble. Lots of broccoli, spinach, salsa (whole 30 approved of course), onions, a little cut up pepperoni topped with a little guac. Delicious & very filling. Hit the spot after all the strength work I did tonight:)

• 2 months later...

I like to have egg whites, mixed with mashed sweet potato with cinamon and a little bit of almond milk. SO its kinda like a protein shake, but without the processed whey :)

Also you could add berries or other ingredients to make your own style shakes, just use the egg whites as a base.

I usually finish athletics around that time, so I eat my usual post WOD mean of easy dijestable protein and startchy veg. I find and have read that eating higher carb foods before bed helps you sleep better? So that could be a plus.

You could eat some protein.. Then try eating some startch with breakfast... Just to get some replenishment...

Archived