Starting September 4th. Scared and Excited.

aubregary

I am praying that this is what I need to get out of the vicious cycle of sweets and fast food.  The cycle of starting each day with positive goals, and ending the day feeling bloated and full of terrible food.  I am so ready for a change.  My friend told me about this program the other day, and after reading the webpage from cover to cover, I am going to give it a try.  I am scared and excited at the same time. I think I'm most scared that it WON'T help and that I am stuck in this body and in this food addiction forever.  That's scarier to me than the food restrictions.  Anyone feel like this?  Want to join me in a Sept 4th start?

God Bless!post-51857-0-98433600-1409361040_thumb.j

I think there's another part of the forum for those starting W30 at (or near) Sept, so you'll probably find other folks there - but I just wanted to say good luck to you! Scared and excited is totally normal. It can be hard (before you start) to really see/believe what can happen, but right now you don't even need to believe yet, you just need to make sure you're super clear on the guidelines and then - GO! Expect that it will be easy in some moments and very challenging in others, and don't draw any major conclusions for a while. Just follow the guidelines.

Best of luck! I just finished my first whole30 - it surprised me that it was actually easier than I expected (in retrospect). There were some tough moments, but also a lot of big flashes of insight about myself, and I am so happy I decided to do it.

I highly recommend reading It Starts With Food. It is SO interesting and really gives you a great understanding of why certain foods are potentially problematic. I now refer to it as the "bible". (Which is just a joke so please, nobody get offended by that.) :) If I could afford it I would go buy a couple hundred copies and pass them out to everyone I know!

I just started yesterday and the first day went by just fine, although I had a splitting headache and went to bed early. Not sure what it was due to but I feel fine today. I am hoping the Whole30 helps with my cravings for sugar and carbs. I was diagnosed with Type 1.5 (LADA) diabetes last year and my A1C results keep rising. Yesterday I had excellent blood sugar readings and didn't use the fast-acting insulin before I eat because I knew the meals were low-carb yet nutritious. I wasn't hungry at all yesterday or felt deprived. There was a huge bag of cheese popcorn at work and I wasn't even tempted. There is just too much planning for this to cheat and to have to start over from day one. 

Good luck! 

I'm finding this pretty easy myself. I have three whole days under my belt. No temptations, excellent blood sugar readings. I'm not feeling any different yet in any way. I'm using recipes from Well Fed and Nom Nom Paleo. Against All Grain has a banana nut porridge I'd like to try (omitting the sweetener I think they added). I realize we have 27 days to go, but I'm pleased with how 'easy' it has been so far. My husband and I are doing it but our kids are not. The hard part is not to absentmindedly put something in my mouth when I'm giving them something.  Good luck to all!

Archived