Aussie Whole30 for September

praxisproject

I'm starting 1st of September (so this is Day 0).

This will be my second Whole30, my first was such a health revelation I've been doing a lot of tweaking of various things. Wanting to do another Whole30 just to see if I feel any different. If I do, may need to do some more specific reintroductions.

Things I learned during Reintroduction after my last Whole30 - I am gluten intolerant! (I'd been eating this my whole life, came as quite a shock) unsure if Celiac as I can't complete the gluten challenge (irregular heart beat, aka gluten induced ataxia). Dairy was trickier, the higher fat things seem okay at first, but a few weeks later I get sick, like clockwork, I think it makes my gut more leaky. Ghee seems okay, but I use it very little, just in case. Unsure about butter, it's one thing I will experiment with during Reintroduction this time. Carrageenan, oh ingredient I'd never noticed before Whole30, it makes my stomach do hula hoops and it's in almost all commercial non-dairy milks. 

Something I learned after my first Whole30 was that I also have MTHFR genes, C677T & A1298C , both Heterozygous

I'm in Melbourne, Australia.

Checklist on Day 0:

Done:

Classic Pork Meatballs (Well Fed 2) - done (double batch, half chicken, half pork mince)

Greek Meatballs (Well Fed 2) - done (double batch, half lamb, half pork mince)

Sunshine Sauce - done (wow, this stuff is amazing, have not made it before, oddly, tastes like peanut sauce)

Homemade mayo - done (wow, super fluffy today, used light Cobram olive oil this time and an 800g egg)

Learn from my lesson lol: if you're doing this for the first time, if you use a jar, make sure your stick blender fits inside before you add everything.

Baked Pumpkin - done (some starch to throw in on the side)

To do tomorrow:

Silky Ginger Zucchini Soup - to do

Wilt spinach - to do

Beef Bolognese - to do (with onion, capsicum) - maybe zucchini pasta with this, or just throw it in the sauce.

"Dumpling" Pork Meatball Soup - to do

Spicy Pork Mince with Eggplant - in progress

Strain my chicken bone broth - to do

Hehe, had to try the sunshine sauce with my greek meatballs today, oddly, they go very well together :)

Day 1

Breakfast:

Lamb Meatballs

Roast Pumpkin

Sunshine Sauce

Few sips of coffee

Lunch:

Chicken Meatballs

Capsicum Strips

Sunshine Sauce

Kiwi Fruit

Mineral Water

Dinner: 

Lamb Meatballs

Roast Pumpkin

Sunshine Sauce

Feeling: overexcited (not W30 related), motivated (W30 related)

Happy with: no snacking at all, didn't even think about it :)

Could do better: more water, going to bed earlier (too excited, this will wear off lol)

Exercise: walking

Day 2

Breakfast:

compliant, can't remember lol

somewhere there was a banana and coffee

herbal tea later

Lunch:

Chicken Meatballs

Capsicum Strips

Sunshine Sauce

Kombucha

Mineral Water

Dinner: 

Chicken Meatballs

Sunshine Sauce
Mayo

Kombucha

Water

Feeling: sleepy, was quite hungry for protein at dinner, then couldn't finish, just thirsty

Happy with: plenty of liquids, early night

Could do better: more veggies, supplements

Exercise: lots of walking

Wow, forums had a makeover while I wasn't looking.

V quick update. Not exactly planning not to Whole30, but some radical change of plans in the immediate future, Whole30 is not #1 right now, but may still be doable.

May be MIA for a few weeks, travelling for work and things.

Back later :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived