SWYPO day

Oh dear. Today has been a prime example of what *not* to do in a Whole30.

Writing it down so I can just park it there and move on and have a great day tomorrow.

Ok, while I didn't technically eat any non-compliant foods, I flitted from one SWYPO thing to the next and didn't have any properly satisfying decent meals. Protein barely got a look in today. Rolls eyes.

Started off reasonably well with 2 sweet potato fritters-Johnny M's recipe with the eggs and onion (I say 'reasonably' well as I was already in search of a sweet starchy fix-hence the sweet potato breakfast which I wouldn't usually have)

Lunch-I didn't feel like anything that would count as a lovely proper lunch-any of the things I usually love. Anyway, I had blueberries with coconut milk over them. Followed by more blueberries with coconut milk. Bad move-wasn't long til I was hungry of course, without any protein.

Next up was a banana (more sweet starch!), sliced and softened on the pan, in coconut oil, then sprinkled with cinnamon.

Still hungry (of course! I know I know) so I had a sweet potato (sauteed in coconut oil) with black pepper. Total cravefest for sweetness today as you can see.

I am planning on having a proper dinner-I have made a chicken thai green curry, though, yikes, have just realised that includes more coconut milk!

So, as is evidenced by the above, not a good Whole30 day in the SummerGirl kitchen :angry:

It is certainly a lesson in how the day can quickly unravel when meals are not balanced.

Onwards. To a better day tomorrow.

Are you getting your period or something mrs? :D

Ah sure it could have been crisp sandwiches....maybe go have a boiled egg or 2 :)

I had not 1 but 2 oopsies today - ate instead of spitting out spaghetti when testing it and licked a peanut butter finger (my own ;) )

Pick up your sweet starchy arse & move on.

Are you getting your period or something mrs? :D

Ah sure it could have been crisp sandwiches....maybe go have a boiled egg or 2 :)

I had not 1 but 2 oopsies today - ate instead of spitting out spaghetti when testing it and licked a peanut butter finger (my own ;) )

Pick up your sweet starchy arse & move on.

No, am mid cycle but feel totally hormental! Yeah, it could have been worse I know!

Lol at the peanut butter finger-glad it wasn't some unsuspecting randomer :D

April, thanks, you're right- I won't do the same thing tomorrow!

Archived