Not Stopping

Amylong1985

Hello my fellow W30ers!

I just wanted to share some of the victories I've achieved during this life-changing month.  My first W30 will technically end on 9/2/14.  During the first 2 weeks, my sugar cravings were horrendous, I had no energy, and I had nearly constant headaches from giving up diet soda--I was drinking an insane 4-6 12 oz cans of Diet Mtn Dew or Diet Dr. Pepper a DAY--and so many times I just wanted to give up.  I thought by this time in my journey I'd be planning all-out "cheat meals" filled with all the things I'd given up.  Yet for the first time in my life, I am starting to develop a healthy relationship with food, and I don't want to stop!  Not saying I will continue to eat Whole30 every single day for the rest of my life, but I definitely have realized how I was cheating myself with poor food choices before and have no plans to return to that lifestyle.  Things that have always seemed out of my grasp--conquering cravings, feeling disciplined in my eating habits, not feeling controlled by food, and being able to stop eating once I am full--are now everyday occurrences that feel totally natural.  Even better, 3 of my friends are contemplating starting their own W30 journey, and I've committed to doing it with them!  Either way, I will not be stopping on day 30, but will be continuing this journey in an effort to let my body and my mind heal from years of poor choices.  I am so grateful for finding this program and this community.  I wish all of you success on your journey as well!

Amy -    Congrats on  your Whole30 victories!  

Sounds like you slayed the sugar dragon and developed some great habits.   I love that three of your friends are now joining-   I bet that your example helped them decide and your experience with the program will be great for them as they get started.  Sometimes being in the role of teacher or guide is the best way to keep learning yourself.

Well done! 

Archived