Travel 3-4 days at a time for work...

SammyL

Hello all! 

This will be my second Whole30 but this time I have a new job. I travel a lot for work and am usually gone 3-4 days a week. I'm all over the country and sometimes in a "no man's land" with really nothing to offer. I would like some help and ideas on meals that I can prepare ahead of time and bring with me on the plane. Ideally, they do not need to be refrigerated because I don't always have access to a hotel with a fridge or microwave.

Thanks so much!

Could you carry a cooler with you and have a couple of frozen meals (which don't need to be reheated, just eaten cold) which will defrost over the first few days, and then just things like cold chicken and hardboiled eggs that will stay cold in the cooler with those frozen meals in there?

And tins of tuna/salmon, bags of pre-mixed salad, carrot sticks, jerky, fruit, avocadoes...

I found when I was travelling meat was easy to find (once I knew what brands of canned meat were compliant) and easier to find when eating out, but a lot of places fell hugely short in veges and fat. I make coconut butter bars (coconut butter left to set in a tray then chopped up rather than poured into a jar), roast veges that are good eaten cold, and a leafy green mix, hope this helps

• Moderators

I don't necessarily have any suggestions, but remembered seeing this at some point and thought it might help: Whole30 Travel Guide. There's also the What's in Your Cooler article.

Also, there have been a lot of previous discussions, try searching for Whole30 travel -- this one looked like it might be helpful, but there are a bunch of others too.

Archived