Rocket's Whole30 Log

Rocket

Day 0 Redux

When I logged in today, the new site look made me go, "Whoooooooooa."  I'm digging it.

M1

-fried eggs

-sweet potato

-blueberries

-fish oil

-kombucha

Officially starting tomorrow, but sorta starting today nonetheless.  ;D

M2

-pork chops

-sauerkraut

^This is like the easiest meal ever!  I literally dump a jar of sauerkraut and a packet of pork chops in the crockpot and put it on high for an hour, then low for a couple hours more.  So simple and so yum!

Day 1

Woke up earlier than anticipated...yay!  One of the reasons I want to do this W30 is to get my sleeping back on track!  It doesn't help that I've been working the late shift at work, but I know that balancing my hormones will def help me out.

M1

-fried eggs

-sautéed zucchini

-sweet potato

-fish oil

-green tea

• 2 weeks later...

Day 1...third time's a charm!

For the past week I have been experiencing vertigo and I'm not quite sure why.  It may be from exhaustion (not going to bed until midnight for about a month), from stress (home and work related), from a poor diet (yeah), or something totally different!  Idk!

My goal is still the same:  re-read ISWF.  I started on it last night and am looking forward to getting more out of it this time around. :D

M1

-two fried eggs

-sautéed zucchini

-SFH fish oil

-kombucha

Small meal for a late start.

M2

-canned tuna with olive oil

-sweet potato with ghee

-red lettuce salad with Tessemae's Zesty Ranch

The vertigo is much better today!  Though I've come to realize that looking at screens for too long makes things worse.  /:

Just laid down for a couple hours after lunch today which I felt I really needed.  lol  Def thought about starting tomorrow again, but then realized all I really wanted to do was lie on my bed, so I did.  Then, took the dog for a walk to see how it made me feel.  I didn't experience any vertigo, but just felt really tired.  It was nice to walk though.

M3

-ground beef with curry powder, lime juice, coconut milk

-and cashews

-on top of kelp noodles

Besides the SFH fish oil, the only other supplement I take when W30ing is Natural Calm every night before bed.

Day 2

Woke up this morning not hungry at all.  It was slightly difficult to eat four eggs, but I know I'm going to need the energy at work later.  Had to get up earlier than normal, so am a bit tired.  We'll see how the vertigo thing goes today.

M1

-four fried eggs

-sautéed zucchini

-sweet potato with ghee

-kombucha

-fish oil

M2

left over...

-and cashews

-on top of kelp noodles

-a different kind of kombucha

M3

-canned tuna in olive oil

-salad with olive oil and salt

-raspberries

Small meal, but have been hardly hungry at all today and got home a bit late.  Exhausted most of the day, but I was very cheerful and my vertigo seems to have disappeared!  In 1.5 days of eating clean!  Excellent!

Day 3

Woke up earlier than normal today!  Yay!  May have been from having to get up early for work yesterday, but still.  Am kinda tired, but woke up excited for the day.   :D

M1

-three fried eggs

-sautéed zucchini

-sweet potato with ghee

-fish oil

Came across this article by Robin Strathdee today in my Whole30 Daily.  I've read it before, but somehow this time it made more sense.  Especially when put in the context of grieving an old lifestyle.

M2

left over...

-and cashews

-on top of kelp noodles

and

-salad with olive oil and salt

-kombucha

Def felt that my brain is trying to get me to go back to my old ways already.  And in a very sneaky way.  No hard core cravings or anything yet.  Though there was a moment where I wanted some rice Chex with milk (something I haven't had in over a decade).

M3

-sautéed greens beans

-white potato with ghee

-raspberries

Very tired today.  Actually, not even tired, just...exhausted.  I think it's just my body healing, but I didn't really do anything today but go to the park.  lol

Day 4

Woke up feeling a little tired today, but not as much as yesterday.  Probably slept for 10+ hours.  Woke up happy, though had some strange dreams last night.  Also, my tummy is definitely less bloated today, and my face already looks leaner!

M1

-three fried eggs

-sautéed yellow squash

-raspberries

-kombucha

-fish oil

After taking the dog to the park and doing some sprints with him, I felt tired like yesterday.  Though didn't notice it until I got home and sat down to read.

M2

-canned salmon

-green beans with salt sautéed in ghee

-two very small white potatoes with ghee

After lunch I put a jar of sauerkraut and a few pork chops in the Crockpot for dinner!

Took the doggert on a half hour walk.  It was fun and we even ran a bit.  :D

M3

-pork chops

-and sauerkraut

So gooooood!

Day 5!

Woo Day 5!!  Woke up very proud of myself for having made it this far!  And I've already started to see changes (skin, mood, sleep, stress, gut, body composition).

M1

-three fried eggs

-sautéed zucchini

-sweet potato with ghee

-fish oil

-kombucha

M2

left over...

-on top of kelp noodles

M3

-pork chop

-sauerkraut

Was very happy and had good energy all day.

Day 6!

Whoa Day 6 already!

My feet and lower back are hurting from work, but I slept for about nine hours last night and woke up at a decent hour.

I also had this amazing dream in which I was done my Whole30 and was out to breakfast with my family.  I told myself that I could get whatever I wanted because this place had amazing pancakes and waffles which I love.  My mom got fried eggs and veggies and it made me think about how good I was feeling and that I didn't want to ruin that.  I think this is the first time I've ever even thought that in a dream.  Usually I dive face first into the pancakes AND waffles and wake up thankful it was only a dream.   :lol:

M1

-two fried eggs

-sautéed zucchini

-sweet potato with ghee

-fish oil

-kombucha

M2

-sautéed green beans

-blueberries

Took the dog on a nice walk.  Feeling pretty tired today.

M3

-steamed shrimp with Old Bay

-wasabi SeaSnax

-coconut Lära bar

Day 7!!!

Didn't get much sleep last night (at least seven hours I'd say though) as I had a closing shift last night then had to be up early for work today.

Found out last night that a friend is in trouble financially and mentally.   :(

M1

-four fried eggs

-sautéed zucchini

-blueberries

-fish oil

M2

-pork chop

-sauerkraut

-kombucha

M3

-salmon fried in ghee with salt

-green lettuce with olive oil and salt

-sweet potato with ghee

Work went fast, and I was happy and had good energy.  Except when I sat down for a few minutes, then I realized how tired I am.  lol

Still worried about my friend, but we got to talk a bit today.

Hi Rocket!

Great job on starting over and good food log. My first impressions are that you aren't always eating enough veggies or fat. Fish oil, if it's capsule form isn't enough and with your long days you need the energy boost. Also shoot for five cups of veggies a day. Have a couple of different vegs with each meal.

And DITCH the LARA BARS and Snax! First of all LB's are sugar bombs and will delay your healing and second they and the Snax are processed not fresh food.

Food dreams are bizarre aren't they? I dreamed about nachos with beef and tomatillo sauce on top. I was so happy when I woke up and it wasn't real!;-)

Hi Rocket!

Great job on starting over and good food log. My first impressions are that you aren't always eating enough veggies or fat. Fish oil, if it's capsule form isn't enough and with your long days you need the energy boost. Also shoot for five cups of veggies a day. Have a couple of different vegs with each meal.

And DITCH the LARA BARS and Snax! First of all LB's are sugar bombs and will delay your healing and second they and the Snax are processed not fresh food.

Food dreams are bizarre aren't they? I dreamed about nachos with beef and tomatillo sauce on top. I was so happy when I woke up and it wasn't real!;-)

Hi, Hols1!

Thanks for the tips!  I do have problems with not eating enough veggies, but I do my best to make sure I have at least two different veggies at each meal, each about a cup.  The fish oil is Stronger Faster Healthier's fish oil which is in liquid form.  I get my other fats from ghee and coconut oil which I put on just about everything.   :wub:

The Lara bar and SeaSnax were emergency food when I left my lunch at home that day.  I def try to stay away from Lara bars especially, as I have a sugar addiction.  But things were fine this time.   ;)

Maybe these are all things I should mention in my log, but I mostly use it for my own reference.

Yes, food dreams are the craziest!  It's always such a relief to wake up and realize it was all a dream.   :lol:

Day 8

One week down!  Woohoo!

In just one week, I already feel sooooo much better!  My skin is clearer and smoother, the inflammation all over my body has gone down, my memory is better(!), I wake up earlier, my energy is improved, and I'm happy 99% of the day.

~

Woke up this morning with some vertigo happening again.  It seems to be when I turn my head a certain way.  Then when I sat up to get out of bed, I nearly fell back due to the spinning.  So far today, I've experienced vertigo a few more times.  I also had some GI distress and am finally craving sweets.  Hmm.  Also, I slept at least 10 hours last night and had several really vivid, bizarre dreams.

Day 9

Slept about 8-8.5 hours last night, but could've slept more when my alarm went off.  Went to bed with some vertigo and woke up with it as well.  I think it has to do with something that got pulled in my neck and also lack of sleep.  We'll see what happens when I'm off work for a few days next week.

Besides that, my tummy is the flattest it's been in quite awhile!   :D

Talked to my friend who's having a difficult time and we may have figured somethings out.  This is a big relief!

Day 10!

Yesterday was a bit odd.  I didn't get enough veggies for breakfast (simply thought I had more in the fridge than I did), and got hypoglycemic at work.  Was able to get my hands on a Lara bar, but then at lunch I barely had time to finish my food, so it happened again a bit later!  After work, I managed to find an Epic bar (they had moved them!) and ate that on the way home.  I didn't feel right again until after dinner...tuna and a huge salad with plenty of EVOO!   :lol:

~

Slept at least 10 hours last night.  Feel pretty good this morning despite yesterday's issues.  lol

Day 10!

Yesterday was a bit odd.  I didn't get enough veggies for breakfast (simply thought I had more in the fridge than I did), and got hypoglycemic at work.  Was able to get my hands on a Lara bar, but then at lunch I barely had time to finish my food, so it happened again a bit later!  After work, I managed to find an Epic bar (they had moved them!) and ate that on the way home.  I didn't feel right again until after dinner...tuna and a huge salad with plenty of EVOO!   :lol:

~

Slept at least 10 hours last night.  Feel pretty good this morning despite yesterday's issues.  lol

Hey Rocket,

Do your best to stay away from the Lara Bars.  They really will delay your healing.  That said looks like you are doing great otherwise!

I had some issues with vertigo during my W30 too.  It must be from our bodies adjusting and detoxing because it has pretty much gone away since then.

Keep up the good work!

Archived