September 8th, anyone?

booksandcoffee

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to do my measurements in the morning...day 31 effectively ;)

I'm adding cheese and non milk dairy in starting tomorrow and may add the occasional bit of good bread or rice but not much else unless I'm out (except gin and a rare glass of champers!)

• Administrators

Seeing people start to post their results and all the surrounding excitement is like Christmas! Seriously!

CONGRATS to all of us who made it this far; we decided to do something, made a plan to be successful and then stuck out the hard (and sometimes brutal) parts of it so that we could arrive on this day, joyous and proud!

YAY US!

laxmom! 17.6 pounds is phenomenal! Way to go! That is so awesome!

I didn't take measurements when I started but I will take measurements tomorrow since I'll be kicking off the next whole30 tomorrow. I did take pictures and did step on the scale but I won't be posting my before or after pics online. It's just something I don't do. Honestly, I wouldn't post a picture of myself in a bikini online either. Super excited to hear everyone else's results tomorrow as well as my own!

We have rocked this whole30 journey together... even when we were struggling! I'm so proud of all my whole30 sisters! (pretty sure we didn't have any guys join our thread... and if we did, I apologize.)

Thanks everyone for the congrats on my results.  I am not looking to diminish the results that I saw this first month - clearly this is working for me - but you really need to keep in context how far away from a healthy weight I am.  Where some have stated that they are aiming to take off 30-40lbs, from where I am currently, I still need to take off an additional 160lbs to reach the healthy weight range.  I have never been exceptionally close to that number and all I am looking to be is in a healthier place than I am and have been for years. 

I personally feel that a Paleo diet (or taking it a bit further with a Whole 30 diet) is the direction I need to go.   I find this is something that I can fit into my life.  I can see myself going on Whole 7 and Whole 14 on a regular basis.   I will probably look into another Whole 30 after the holidays.   Of course, if I see my results are reversing themselves, I will be on a whole 30 much sooner.  :-)

I just want to see my blood work results to confirm that my inside is doing as good as I feel.  I am so now aware of not only the dangers of sugar, but all the places that the food industry is hiding added sugar where there is really no need.  

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing others day 31 results!

Happy Day 30 for everyone! I can't believe today is the "last" day already. I'm planning to continue on for an additional 60 days. Congrats on all the great results for those who are not continuing on. Today is actually the first day I felt the plan taking effect. My pants are now loose in comparison to when I started last month. I'm working out with P90x2 and Insanity right now, so I'm hoping to have great results at the end of the 60 days.

Oh boy, I'm so bummed right now. I just went to the office kitchen to grab a snack. The Trader Joe's back of cashews was there - the ones with the individual handful of cashews bags... I looked at the bigger bag and saw that it is not just cashews, but cashews and rice bran oil. I have definitely eaten a bunch of bags of these during this whole 30. Not daily, but I've had maybe 10 or so.  Rice bran oil is for sure not compliant. What a bummer. I wish I had seen that earlier. I guess there's not a whole lot of it in a single bag, but I didn't know I was eating it.  ;(

Laxmom63-good for you with keeping it all in perspective. I think this food plan agrees with me as well. I hope you stay on here & keep us posted.

I don't have a scale at home & use one @ work. I'm off until Fri. so I weighed myself Mon. I'll post my results tomorrow as well.

Heather-I dont have a concrete plan either, but the structure of the W30 really works for me, so I'll continue on until I feel confident my food habits have changed....60-90....???? I'm excited to continue & have results that give me a healthier lifestyle.

You all are amazing! Some of you stuck it out for the end results when the daily ones sucked....that's inspiring. Libbyhunter-I have to check the big bag of those cashews, I was eating them too(not the little packs) I think I read on a different forum the TJ's cashews all have rice bran oil. :(

I'm looking forward to feeling even better with the next W30 now that I'm more aware of ingredients in things considered "healthy".....

I'm going to enjoy a nice lunch tomorrow with my sister who's passing thru town, but not binge eat, just not worry about each ingredient on the menu.

Im curious about the different effects some of you will have with reintroducing some foods. Because honestly, how do we know what was causing some of the symptoms we were having?

Inflammation was my biggest symptom, & I don't know what was causing it.

Ok, one more compliant meal!!!

(yesterday @ work someone opened a big bag of "skinny pop" & I almost fell over from how good it smelled!! Lol)

Ok...I measured myself this morning...

1" off my bust but down a couple of bra sizes

3.5" off my waist plus my stomach is almost flat

1" off my hips plus my thighs are more toned

Add to this the rock hard nails, lack of dry patches on my skin and the fact that I feel so much better about the body I have rather than hankering after the one I used to have at 30 and I'm happy ;)

I had leftover roast chicken with roast potatoes and sprouts for breakfast...with peas...I have missed peas! I also plan on having sour cream with my chili later.

I'm not sure if I am going to bother with any other "illegal" foods today even though at my parent's meeting tonight I know there will be homemade chocolate cake ;)

Oh and yesterday I bought myself new brightly coloured tight outdoor gym gear and have already scheduled a couple of fast walks round out huge park with a friend who usually runs but is willing to dumb down for me! I'm not sure my 39 year old, arthritic for 3 decades, body is really made for running ;)

Britishgal. All that sounds excellent!

Yesterday, I allowed some dairy back in. I had cream with my coffee - heavenly! And a slice of cheese on my hamburger at dinner, but that was it.

Today and tomorrow is full whole 30 with either Friday or Saturday th day to add back non gluten grains. Which day it is depends on if I have an interview scheduled on Friday. If yes, I will hold off till Saturday for the next reintroduction.

Back to tea with coconut milk for at least until at least next week for me!

Good morning, all.  I weighed in this morning... exactly 10 lbs down! 

I did not take measurements but, from my before and after pictures, it is clear I have lost weight particularly in my waist.  (Which, ironically, was not really a place I needed to lose weight but I will take it.)  I also look WAY WAY healthier.  My skin is clear and my face is not puffy anymore.  And I look happy!

One of my goals is to get to a healthy BMI.  I realize BMI is an imperfect measure of health.  However, as someone who has joint issues, I think it is a worthwhile measure for me in terms of the stress I put on my joints.  I am now out of the "obese" category and just overweight."  I have another 24 lbs to go to be in the normal range and another 29 lbs to hit what I would consider a comfortable stopping weight.  I am hopeful I can make this happen.

I am a little nervous about "off roading."  I have a feeling I am going to slide back into my old habits.  For now, I am just trying to not eat things that I don't want.  For example, this morning, I thought to myself... I can have coffee with cream now!  But honestly, I am fine with almond milk.  So... I will continue with that.

I have to share this..

Yesterday I had to pick up my daughter late from school and run an errand before we went home. Although I had planned dinner, she asks me if my diet is over. LOL.

I tell her that the 30 days are up, but we both know I need to continue on this path. I can hear the disappointment in her voice.

So I agreed to swing by Burger King to pick up dinner for her, my mother and the dog. As we are driving there, I realise that I can have their plain burger without the bun. So I ordered a double cheese burger (I was adding dairy for the first day) with nothing else on it. I had that with a large bowl of homemade butternut squash soup and the rest of the family had burger king. The dog got the bun from my burger.

IT felt great sticking with my plan even in the pressure of a teenager. LOL

I see from yesterday that dairy will be limited in my diet. Woke up with much more congestion, today. Sticking back to Whole 30 for the next couple of days!

Good morning! My results are in and I'm down 7.2 pounds! I did retake my pictures but haven't had the opportunity to compare them to the pictures I took at the beginning of this whole 30. I also grabbed my measurements this morning so I can compare them at the end of this whole 30 which I guess is becoming a whole 60. At least. I'm thinking about continuing a strict whole 30 diet until Thanksgiving day. Then, maybe, I'll engage in some celebratory food items. No final decisions have been made at this time.

Can't wait to see everyone else's posts about their results! Have a great day!

Hi everyone!  Well done to all finishers!  I'm down 3.8 pounds, .1% body fat.  My BMI also went down .7.  So that's all good news. I haven't had a chance to take pictures or measurements because Wednesdays are a personal training day so I was up and out the door at 4:30 this morning.  

My skin is still really bad and I'm not super thrilled with my results right now. I'm hoping my measurements will change my mind, but I don't have a lot of hope since I don't feel different in my clothes or look different in my mirror.

I also NEVER got to Tiger Blood stage or felt my stomach flatten out.  My skin and hair are in worse shape than when I started and I have more frequent headaches (though no migraines.)  So I feel let down and don't have a lot of motivation to continue. I don't want the last month to be wasted, so I'm trying reintroduction (dairy today), but my heart isn't in it.  I'm pretty down that this had such little impact on my life overall.

Hi guys,

Results are in...I lost 10lbs!  I feel pretty great except my skin is breaking out...but I think that's a result of hormones more than anything.  I plan to keep going with the partial exception of Saturday which is my birthday!  I have a massage scheduled and then we're making Whole 30 approved lamb chops but I'm going to have some wine with it.  Until then everything is still Whole 30, and then afterwards too.  

I feel less depressed for sure.  I am still taking medication, but the depression has come and gone in small bouts instead of being there every day.  I still get some bouts of anxiety in the same way but both are definitely better.  

My fiance also lost 10lbs and he is reintroducing with a bagel this morning.  I'm very proud of him and he's impressed me so much with his meal planning and cooking skills.  We plan to keep that up from now on.  

Super proud of myself and my results.  I'm adding more workouts in now and I can't wait to see how far it takes me!

Yay for all of us! 

• Administrators

I love, love, love seeing and hearing all of the results...even the not so good ones...because it means that we are in touch with ourselves.  I agree, Jordan, it can't be wrong to eat veggies, protein and fat....perhaps your body is still putting up resistance, but it'll come around if you give it time.  I'm going to 100 and I know there are some 90's and some 60's here...so you'll be in fine company if you decide to stick it out!

So I guess I'm the first (only?) person who is going to post pictures of myself in my underwear, LOL.  I don't weigh so I don't know what my weight loss number is.  I did measurements but they came up a bit weak as far as I'm concerned, especially since I'm in clothes I couldn't even get past my ass a month ago!

BAFront_zps3e82edc4.jpg

BASide_zps6845392b.jpg

W30Measurements_zps08fabfb7.jpg

Archived