September 8th, anyone?

booksandcoffee

• Administrators

Today is Day 50 for me!  Halfway! 

I had my work-world upended on me on Friday so I was definitely not in my best place on the weekend but I stayed compliant.  Although...while the husband was sorting through the Halloween candy I really wanted to do a plunge face-first into the bowl.  The only reason I didn't is because I felt like the wrappers would just slow me down, LOL!

I'm seriously tempted to stop counting my days.  As JClayton said above, it's just a way of life now.  I cannot snack, I cannot have added sugar and I've been off grains for years.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

Yep, I don't have the burning desire to mark the days off the index cards I numbered & put on my closet door. I'm still plugging along & it's great to hear how you all are doing.

Clairezip-I'm making the mushroom soup tomorrow. Thanks for the recipe links! Sounds like you're doing fantastic.

I need to branch out with my recipes also.

I was thinking if I was going to eat something noncompliant, what would it be? Not sugar, I experienced first hand how bad it is for me. Even the small amount in bacon would probably wake the sugar dragon. All the Halloween candy is going to come pouring down @ work soon, ugh.

As long as the wrappers are on, I'm good! ;-)

I'm a little tired & seem to have lost my train of thought, so I'll end here.

Super happy we've all made some life changes!

Please tell me how you like the soup fgermain! 

Jclayton - I agree, I also do not feel deprived when everyone around me is eating treats at a family meal.  I have felt so satisfied and happy and any time I'm slightly tempted by a treat I just think of how I've noticed that within an hour or so on this thing I've always been so glad I didn't have it.  That's motivating in itself to remember that.  

Butternut squash - cut in half, put in a pan with a bit of water with the fleshy part down.  Bake that way for about 35-40 minutes, then I turn them fleshy part up and add a couple of chopped dates, salt, pepper and some ghee or coconut oil and bake another 15-20 minutes.  Curry or cinnamon are also nice spices on squash, imo.  

Clairezip - sounds like a great way to do up the butternut squash.  Will have to try it.  I bought dates to make one dish and I should be looking for ways to use up the rest of them. 

I still get the notices when there is a new posting on this tread and have been watching how great you all have been doing.  I did go through a few weeks of re-introduction and learned a lot that has helped me.  So now I am back on the whole 30 program as I saw just how much better this was making me feel. 

For me I found that dairy causes congestion issues within a couple of hours - it is very fast.  The congestion is in my sinus and causes flem in the back of the throat.  In addition, if I have dairy each of several days in a row, the congestion affects my right ear and that is the cause of my hearing loss.  What a revelation!

I also found that gluten is not my friend.  The effects are a bit more subtle, but after a couple of days of just having one serving a day, I see the general bad feeling come back.  Overall pain is increased, dull headache and bad mood - depression like symptoms.  This was the most amazing thing I found.  It was not immediate, but I now see that over 1/2 of my personal happiness level is directly related to the foods I eat.  This is something I can control!  

I have not specifically tested the non-gluten grains, but I will at some point - need to know if it is all grains or just the gluten ones. 

So after going through the re-introduction - I am back and feel I have found the right way for me to be healthy.

Do want to share a fabulous meal that I made last weekend.  http://www.threebeansonastring.com/housewife-chicken-apples-fall-vegetables/

I did not have compliant bacon, so I used a chicken apple sausage cut into small pieces.  Substituted Ghee for butter and used a mixture of red wine vinegar and chicken broth for the red wine.  This was so good that it is now a front runner to make for Christmas day.  I do recommend getting skinless boneless chicken thighs - just easier to eat.  But we made with regular thighs and it was fantastic. 

Hi all ;) I know I haven't been about a lot recently so I hope it's ok to still post here!

I caved tonight after doing well at balancing my post whole30 food with minor slip ups and bought a takeaway. I have a box in the fridge with fried rice and lemon chicken and I'm having major problems working out what to do!

A huge part of me wants to get dressed, put it in a bin bag and walk if outside to the main bin. But part of me wants to save it for tomorrow as i paid for it. Worryingly a small part of me, the part that previously would have win, wants to eat it now to get rid of it which will make me feel ill and most likely make me sick (ex eating disorder sufferer...I don't need to make myself sick, if I am upset at eating something I'll feel ill and invariably be sick without having to do anything)

I need help ;( x

• Administrators

CHUCK IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it cost money...how many times have you bought a lipstick or a body lotion, used it for three days and then decided you hated the color or the smell?  You probably didn't force yourself to use unflattering lipstick just because you paid for it....you probably chalked it up to "oh well" and then either tossed it or shoved it in the back of the drawer.

Same deal.  Chuck it out.  it might have cost you money but eating it or agonizing over it is going to cost you a hell of a lot more in emotional and mental damage.  CHUCK IT OUT.

Come back and report when it's in the bin.

xoxox

I'm with Ladyshanny! THROW. IT. OUT. And don't feel guilty over it. I think we have all spent money on things we have ended up regretting in the past. Buyer's remorse. Just toss it out. It seems that you've already come to the realization that if you eat it, you will feel sick. Not worth the worry or being sick over. You got this, Britishgal! We're here for you!

And, yes, please report back to us when you've thrown that out.

<hugs>

Thanks so much girls ;) it's in the bin outside...I went out in my slippers in the dark and drizzle!

Sometimes thoughts make no sense do they? Is wasted the money either way...it was gone. Whether I ate it and it stayed in me doing my tummy no good, whether I threw it up or put it in the bin made no difference.

I am debating doing a mini whole few days to reset myself...

• Administrators

You're totally right, actually, the money was wasted regardless....it's how you treat yourself going forward that matters.

If I were in your shoes, I think I would get after a mini...like a Whole 14 maybe? Something to reinforce good decisions, good feelings and to remind yourself that you CAN walk the road in a healthful manner.

Reset!

And PS...this is our thread, lots of us are still here!

I may do a whole7 with a possible extra 7 days...it's bonfire night next week and the lure of the annual Parkin (cake you only get once a year) is hard to resist! Or I could buy a Parkin and save it till later...

Decisions are hard! I'd like to think id never be lured by Parkin or marzipan laden Christmas cake ever again but life is life.

Hi everyone - sorry its been so long since I've posted anything. I have been reading posts and quietly encouraging all of you who are still going strong! I've had a rough time the last few weeks. Seems like all the good habits that I started went out the window when stress of the last two weeks hit. The kicker was today. I went in for my annual physical, and I've regained 8 of the 10 pounds I lost. And to top it off, my blodd sugar was over 100 for the first time ever. Ugh. So discouraged. So I'm thinking I need to get back on plan ASAP.

Hi guys! 

So nice to see you are doing so well, it's a huge inspiration. I am back home in Peru for a week and am being a lot less strict with my food options, now that I made it through reintroductions.. Still staying away from gluten (mostly) but I've had quite a bit of dairy and sugar in typical homemade peruvian treats. Now, I don't feel great, most definitely. I can tell that it's taking a toll on me and am congested and bloated. I never had terrible food reactions so no GI distress, but now that I know how good I'm SUPPOSED to feel I can tell the difference. Plan on going back to whole 30 as soon as I get back. My better half has had not trouble sticking to the plan and now feels so much better and is so much healthier than ever - I'm so proud of him. I initially got him into it and now he's my motivation! 

Happy halloween all! Halloween candy is not special!!! 

I did it! I stayed compliant (I think) through my boyfriend's family dinner last night!! No Yorkshire pudding or gravy or cauliflower drowned in cheese sauce for me! It was a little difficult because we were there when those beautifully fluffy, golden brown Yorkshires came out of the oven. I'm so glad I didn't have one though... I would be feeling miserable today but instead I feel fantastic! Victory for me :)

Hi everyone. I was considering doing a whole14 from next Monday but I'm tired of it all and I am starting now...at 15.51 on a Monday afternoon. My son has been asking for lettuce wrapping homemade burgers so dinner is sorted then I'm doing my ballet training DVD tonight with him. Then I'm planning on going for a very long walk with maybe a few bits of running if arthritic knees allow) after dropping him off at school tomorrow. I need to take control back.

I'm kind of hoping I can come here instead if looking for a thread starting tomorrow? X

Hi everyone. I was considering doing a whole14 from next Monday but I'm tired of it all and I am starting now...at 15.51 on a Monday afternoon. My son has been asking for lettuce wrapping homemade burgers so dinner is sorted then I'm doing my ballet training DVD tonight with him. Then I'm planning on going for a very long walk with maybe a few bits of running if arthritic knees allow) after dropping him off at school tomorrow. I need to take control back.

I'm kind of hoping I can come here instead if looking for a thread starting tomorrow? X

Good luck with the Whole 14!! And I don't see any reason why you can't continue to post here. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Can't believe Day 60 is in a couple of days!

I never ended up meeting the frequency if workouts I intended for this round, but I am satisfied with what I was able to add in.

Plantains and Aidells chicken sausage have been a lifesaver for me the last few days.

How's everyone else that's doing whole 60 doing?

Hi ladies,

I've also been quietly reading these posts.  So proud of those of you who continued!  So, right after I finished up my Whole30 I have had various houseguests for the last 3 weeks!  I definitely fell off the wagon pretty hard.  I'm thinking about doing like a Whole14 or Whole 21 up until Thanksgiving to even things out.  Anyone else in?

I had work training for a couple of weeks and have been too busy to stop by, but I am so happy that this thread is still going.

So, I bought dates on 10/17 with the intention of adding some sugar to see how it went. I added dates to one meal a day and I stayed compliant until 10/25 when I went to visit my mom hungry and I ate candy for "dinner".  They were ordering chinese food for dinner, and there is one restaurant nearby that has compliant choices, but my stepdad refused to order from there because they messed up his order before. I definitely have a history of emotional eating at my Mom's.  Then this past weekend, I dove into a bowl of halloween candy like it was my job! :( 

To make things worse, none of the junk that I ate even tasted good!

Yesterday I went on a class trip with my daughter and packed a sandwich on a gluten-free bun, but back on track today, 2 compliant meals so far.

Hi all,

I'm still pluggin' along, after my day 31 meal of Pad Thai, I'm back at it.  Not really keeping track, but if need, I could track back and count the days. :huh:   But my goal for doing this has been successful, a little more each day.......

my eating habits have changed, i no longer crave foods(ie: chips, ice cream, popcorn,etc.)  I no longer binge eat.  I'm productive in the evenings, instead of feeling like i just got hit by a MAC truck and unable to think/function. 

I'm being patient with reintroduction, I want to be sure I'm able to give my reintro. the time and attention it needs.

I'm also working on steering my focus away from food for celebritory purposes.  I can be compliant for my Bday and Thanksgiving, becaus I can "celebrate" with out food. 

This whole journey for me has been such a positive experience, with the occasional tough day here and there :wacko: .  

Britishgal-  I'll keep checking in here also, it's a good group and the support has been great!

Happy Day 60! Congrats to us and everyone else who stuck to our commitments, however we defined them.

Weigh-in and measurements for me tomorrow.

Going forward, I am planning to stick to this way of eating for the majority of the week, and allow myself a non-compliant meal or 2. I do want to start re-introduction though so that I know what's on my "absolutely no" list.

The shift in how I see food is evident. I'm less and less requiring to have my food statisfy an emotional need. I'm eating mainly for fuel, and am less caught up with how it tastes. Never thought I'd see the day!

• Administrators

Thought I would pop in here for a sec.  Today would have been Day 61 but last weekend I decided not to "whole30" my way to 100 days.  I wrote a blog post about it so you can get the details there if you want but basically I needed to push Whole30 to the side and step up and take responsibility for myself.

http://fittyvsfatty.wordpress.com/2014/11/03/the-end-and-not-100/

I didn't go off the rails and in fact besides a 4 oz glass of chardonnay last Saturday, I have kept completely compliant with "the regime" but find it somewhat freeing not to be operating under the Whole30 label.  Why? Not sure exactly, I guess maybe I felt like if I didn't throw off the reins of Whole30 and step up and stand up for myself and how I CHOOSE to eat/live, when the 100 days ended I would be adrift and lost.

So that's that. I think I'll use fish sauce this weekend (tiny bit of sugar) and make homemade coconut aminos (cheaper than storebought but contain a tbsp. molasses) but other than that, I'm onward as per normal.  Whole Me!

Here are my numbers... I just weighed and measured this morning since I spent the last few nights over at my boyfriend's house (no scale). I'm pleased with the results and the trend would suggest that I lose 4% of my starting weight with each whole 30. I'll be continuing to stay on this track although I don't think I'm going to continue to say "I'm doing whole30"... This is my way of life. This is just me. This is how I eat. That being said, I'll still be checking in here frequently to see how everyone is doing on their own journeys!

Start: 9/8/14

Weight: 180.6

10/8/14

Weight: 173.2

Bust: 40

Ribcage under breasts: 37

Waist at naval: 37

Hips: 40

Left thigh: 23.5

Left calf: 16

Left arm: 12.5

11/8/14