September 8th, anyone?

booksandcoffee

Hi everyone - 

Woohoo!!  Day 31 is here!!  Here's my numbers so far:  weight loss = 10.3 lbs. Lost 3" on my waist, 1/2" on chest, 1/2" on arm, 1/2" on hips, and nothing on thighs (boo).  What is interesting though - I woke up today feeling motivated and ready to take on the world (finally!). I think my tiger blood has finally hit! 

My plan is to continue on like this, with the occasional glass of wine, and bacon!!!  How could I forget about bacon!! I was never able to find any in my area that was made without sugar, so excited to bring that back in. I would really like to lose another 30-40 lbs, so it will be interesting to see if any weight loss will slow after the first 30 days or if it will continue on at this pace. 

We also have a new fitness challenge at work, so maybe that will help motivate me to kick in the exercise this next month. 

Great job everyone!  So fun to see all of the inspiring results!! 

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome results, everyone!! It does feel like Christmas morning =)

Congrats to everyone for committing to this challenge until the very end.

As for me, I'm down 7lbs - woohoo!

No updates on measurements because I didn't take "before" numbers, but I did a set today so looking forward how that changes at the next 30 milestone.

My goals for this round:

• Fully eliminate between-meal snacking. I think I've gotten this down to 2 times a week but goal is zero.
  • EXERCISE!! i'm using Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. it's a 90-day program, 6 days a week and rest 1 day, half hour workouts. I've never been able to reach past week 4. I'm modifying it a bit so that I exercise 3 days in a row, rest 1 day, and repeat.
  • Incorporate more mindful eating. I've actually started a MIndfulness-Based Stress Reduction class for my anxiety and panic disorder; and one of our assignments is to do mindful eating at meals, which is so hard! I'm always eating with a phone, with the TV, or book/newspaper, or talking to someone.
  • Explore recipes and add 1 or 2 Go-To homemade meals to the rotation.

Oh Wow everbody! Super great results!

Ladyshanny-what a little cutie you are! Nice to see the results.

I lost 6.7lbs. as of Mon.(no scale @ home so will weigh again on Fri.@ work)

No measurements, wasn't my focus but am really really pleased I went down a pant size.

Jordanbrooks-I hope you continue....there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how long it is.

Flora123-great plan! I'm going to do a similar plan. Introduce routine exercise, keep my 3 meals a day, & be more aware of my portion sizes.

I'm not confident that my old habits won't jump out @ me also, & the structure of W30 is really working for me.

I had a piece of frittata @ my favorite coffee shop & it was full of veggies, & must have been made with cream, because it was Devine!

I'm planning a healthy lunch & strict compliant dinner.

Yeah us!!

I'll get back on strict W30 tomorrow. No need to slip back any more than today.

mid day update: ate a not so "healthy" lunch, but it tasted great!  Pud Thai....super flavorful, but a bit sweet.  I walked around in the grocery store, waiting for my sister to get her hair cut, and was all..."huuummm, I can have That, that and that....gee, don't really want those things though"  I realized the things I "want" are just empty calorie, bingey, snacky things that make me feel like crap and crave more and more.  Not that I'm NEVER going to eat sweets again, I'm just not ready to.  I don't like that craving feeling.  Even dark chocolate, as healthy as it is, walked right by it....why wake up that "sugar dragon" as they say?  I already know i'm going to feel a bit crappy from the lunch I had. No need to do more damage. I was thinking the opposite when I was driving home.  "i'm already feeling crappy, why not make the whole day a wash and eat popcorn, ice cream and bread?"   I just parked the car and came inside.  dang 7-11 right next to my Apt. :unsure:

Hormones have been bothering me since Mon. hope it's only 5-7 days, as was the case last time. I have no energy when they are fluctuating like this.  :( and a tiny bit anti-social <_<

I haven't cooked for 3 days, ok, well, cooked a little something for single serving of dinner last night, but it feels strange to not have the crock pot going.  Just finishing up the last of the food from this week, and have beef stew meat and veggies, and pork shoulder to throw in to start the next 30. 

have a great rest of the day and good luck with what ever diet changes some of you are making. 

flora123- in regards to having 1-2 meals to rotate.  Have you tried the chocolate chili from theclothesmakethegirl.com?  it's called "my favorite chili" on her website. I found it's substantial and filling, and when made in the crockpot,(I tried it both ways) it can cook overnight and be a super tasty breakfast!  I've made it twice so far, and will prob. make it again next week.  If you're working out and want more protein, a fried egg on top is also great.  (Avacado also)  ok, ok, as you can tell, I really like it! :D 

the Jillian Michaels work out sounds great!  would love to hear how it goes.

• Administrators

Fgermain ~ my impending period has been screaming for CARBS today like a spoiled little child!  I will stuff it's pie-hole with sweet potato the moment I get home tonight!    And although my period is still about 2-3 days away, I've noticed a decrease in my energy today also...just want to go home and lay on the couch!

Good job on just going home and shutting the door.  Tomorrow is a new day!

Congratulations to everyone!  Great results. 

Anyone else having fun with reintroductions?  I added dairy today.  I swear... as soon as it passed my lips, I blew up like a balloon.  YUCK.  I guess that is why we do the whole 30... to figure out what works for us and what does not.

Congratulations to everyone! Great results.

Anyone else having fun with reintroductions? I added dairy today. I swear... as soon as it passed my lips, I blew up like a balloon. YUCK. I guess that is why we do the whole 30... to figure out what works for us and what does not.

Oh man...not looking forward to this

flora123- in regards to having 1-2 meals to rotate.  Have you tried the chocolate chili from theclothesmakethegirl.com?  it's called "my favorite chili" on her website. I found it's substantial and filling, and when made in the crockpot,(I tried it both ways) it can cook overnight and be a super tasty breakfast!  I've made it twice so far, and will prob. make it again next week.  If you're working out and want more protein, a fried egg on top is also great.  (Avacado also)  ok, ok, as you can tell, I really like it! :D

the Jillian Michaels work out sounds great!  would love to hear how it goes.

Yes, I have tried the chocolate chili and is huge part of my current meal rotation. I'm not a huge chili eater, and the first time I made it, it was good but I didn't LOVE it. I think the spices were overpowering (but I think that's because I didn't have sour cream or cheese to tone it down). But the second time I made it, I had 3lbs of ground beef instead of 2, and it came out perfect to how I like it. Plus it lasts longer - I jar up half and stick in the freezer. Even my husband, who's not doing Whole30, said it was so good! I haven't done the fried egg on top, but I have done chili scramble and I squeeze some lemon on top. so good!

• Administrators

Ok, ladies....I was just in the bathroom adjusting clothing and undergarments and noticed that where a month ago I had "double boob (boob spilling out over the top of the bra making each boob look oddly cut in half) I now don't actually fill up the cup of my bra.

So.  That's just frigging great.  I had a small allotment of bewb when I started and now it's even smaller.  AND I have to buy new bras. 

#whole30problems

:wacko:

Ladyshanny, I wish I could give you some of my bewbage... I have more than enough... For all of us. Although I too think I need new bras following my whole30. Trying to hold out another month or so until I see how many times I'm going to repeat my back to back whole30's. Don't want to invest money in bras I'm not going to wear for very long!

Hi everyone - 

Well, I learned pretty quickly yesterday that my body is not going to handle gluten well after this Whole 30. I had saved part of the Apple Crisp that my mom made me for my birthday during the Whole 30, and had some of it on Wednesday night. By Thursday, my digestive tract was in disarray!! And, to top it off, I had two sips of my husband's beer (honestly - it was only two!) and I swear I instantly had a headache. So cross that option off the list for me!

I haven't really tried anything else yet though. I already know that most dairy is out for me anyway, so not even going to mess with that one. I've felt so good this last week (until yesterday) that I'm pretty sure this will be my way of life from here on out. 

How about anyone else? Any success on reintroductions? 

Jill P- No introduction here.  I let myself have a treat lunch, like I mentioned in my earlier post.  NOT a good idea.  I crashed so bad yesterday. I wont go into all the details, but I will say, I wasn't able to function normally and called in sick to work today.  well, I guess a little detail would make that less ambiguous.  I had ZERO energy, unable to concentrate, and this a.m. I had gastric issues.  So, I too think this will be a more permanent way of life for me.  It really doesn't feel that restrictive to me.  I'm cooking good food and enjoying new ones.

Any one else have things come up from their one day off?  

• Administrators

Fgermain ~ Yes, I was laughing.  Ironic tears....the boobs are always the first to go in the teeny-bewb-ed folks and last to go in the folks that want them to reduce!

Sorry you weren't feeling well, a testament to how toxic foods in the "real world" can be!  You didn't even go on a bender and ended up sick, that seems wildly unfair but also very enlightening to you.

Join me in the W100!  ;)

Fgermain ~ Yes, I was laughing.  Ironic tears....the boobs are always the first to go in the teeny-bewb-ed folks and last to go in the folks that want them to reduce!

Sorry you weren't feeling well, a testament to how toxic foods in the "real world" can be!  You didn't even go on a bender and ended up sick, that seems wildly unfair but also very enlightening to you.

Join me in the W100!  ;)

I'll seriously consider it!  curious, why 100 and not 90?

• Administrators

Fgermain ~ 100 because it brings me to 2 days before my bday.

(I refuse to get another year older and not be feeling the very best I can and know that I have done everything I can to respect myself. I've had a couple pretty rough years, I'm not letting this one get away!!)

Ladyshanny-nice! Very good reason. Inspiring also, I must say!

My birthday is Nov.22nd. It's the Big Five-O! I haven't decided if celebrating with something non-compliant is what I want. Focusing on other ways to celebrate is a great way to live a new life style. That IS what this program is primarily

about for me.

Thanks for the support!

Ladyshanny and fgermain - I am very impressed with your results! And your motivation to continue!

I have tried some reintroductions, but the main one that I am keeping out is sugar.

I have found that dairy causes congestion and flem in the back of my throat. I see that I will really be limiting that in my diet. Whole grains are good for me, though. But have to be in moderation as I want to limit the sugar impact. Soy and legumes are ok, but also will be limited as I am concerned about the sugar processing.

I won't get my blood work done until early December, so will see how the internals are at that time. However, I am continuing to lose and am now down 20.2lbs at the end of week 5. Still pleased with the overall results.

I think next week I will back on another whole 7-14 day plan. Taking me closer to Thanksgiving. Also, I have started to apply for jobs and have a face to face interview on the 20th. I am hopeful that this interview goes well and I can end my job search basically as soon as it began! LOL!

Fgermain - just saw that you are looking for compliant sausage. I found the Jones brand - frozen - pork links all natural are compliant for a breakfast sausage. They are in most grocery stores. Of course they are the one option that does not go on sale - at least that I have seen.

Hey ladies!!! Glad to see everyone is still truckin' along! I'm doing excellent right along with you all!

A good friend of mine from work is starting her first whole 30 today. We got together yesterday and talked about meal planning and grocery lists. Right now I have a stockpile of frozen partial meals so my grocery list is pretty short this week... Yay me!! Next week will be different. Lol

I decided that this time around I would weigh myself whenever I please. I realize that doing whole30 is not about the number on the scale but I like to watch the number fall... And this morning, I am now down a total of 8.4 pounds since Sept 8th, however, I am down 20' ish pounds since going paleo in March of this year! And that has been virtually with no exercise other than an occasional walk. This morning I was able to put on the size 10 crop pants that have been in my drawer since early last year mocking me. I've been using them as my non scale victory and I HAVE ARRIVED!!! Complete with no muffin top!! So happy this morning!

A doctor that I used to work with has been eating paleo for a while and she lets herself have a non-paleo meal once a quarter. I'm considering adopting this as well but instead of being paleo, I would continue to do whole30's between quarterly special occasions. No official decisions made yet but it seems like a good idea. ;)

Hope you all are having a great weekend!

Oh and ladyshanny, I completely agree about the bewbs are the first to go for those lacking, and the last to go for those with plenty! We can't win, can we?!

Fgermain - just saw that you are looking for compliant sausage. I found the Jones brand - frozen - pork links all natural are compliant for a breakfast sausage. They are in most grocery stores. Of course they are the one option that does not go on sale - at least that I have seen.

Archived