Passing the Biggest Challenge

russhamel

Hi everyone,

I'm starting my first 'Official' Whole30 today, September 1, 2014.  I've always been a big proponent of 'Be The Experiment' and I've dabbled in many different things including bits and pieces of the Whole30 over the past year or so since I first read the book, "It Starts With Food".

I realize that dabbling doesn't do much.  Success in anything requires another word:  COMMITMENT.  What makes it so easy for me to make a commitment to this particular program is the commitment everyone here has already made.  It seems that pretty much EVERYTHING is covered here.

Personally, I feel I've got the personal determination and self-discipline to pull this off fairly easily.  I mean, 30 days eating good food with the goal of feeling better in the end... how HARD can that be?

Well, as it turns out, it's a very good thing there is a Day 0 to this program.  While I'm already 'All In', my wife needed some explanation.  You see, a couple of times a week she brings home 'treats'; leftover goodies from luncheons at her office.  And she's the type who takes it personally if we don't all share in her bounty - she's a really giving, generous person at heart.

So that was my BIGGEST challenge during the week prior to my official Day 1.  I think I've got all the feathers unruffled with my wife and she now promises to give me full support by not expecting me to eat the 'treats' that are not compliant with my guidelines.

If this is the hardest thing I've got to overcome, I've got it licked!

All the best from Toronto,

Russ

Archived