cilantro+zucchini+chicken=headache?

Just finished my first Whole 30. No reintroductions yet... continuing for another 30 days.

So today I found a nice recipe for appetizers: ground chicken, grated zucchini, green onions, fresh cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin. Mix it alk up, make little patties, cook 'em in a pan on the stove in a little clarified butter. They were crispy and juicy and super flavorful... and gave me an instant throbbing headache after I ate two of them. Weird.

The only things in them that I haven't eaten recently are the ground chicken (Perdue, no antibiotics or hormones, but not organic), and the large amount of cilantro (I regularly have small amounts in salsa). Any thoughts on either of those being headache-inducing?

ann

Although there may not be hormones in the chicken they are fed an all veggie diet including corn and soybeans. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. You may want to wait a few days and then try the same recipe with pastured chickens that are not veggie fed. If you can't find ground chicken just cut up some chicken breast. It would be interesting if you reintroduce corn or soy if you get a headache.

Archived