Hey all, I need some help. My hubby and I were planning on starting a Whole 30 (my second full 30 days, his first) this weekend, but our a/c died and we have to get our kitchen sink fixed because it has a crack that leaks underneath it. We put it off until next week because the a/c guy was coming today.

...except. It won't be fixed until next Thursday. I'd still like to start next Monday, but need ideas for food for essentially 3 people (based on how hubby eats, and how big of a transition this will be) that won't heat up the house. My original plan involved the oven a lot (roasting veggies, meatballs, spicy tuna cakes/salmon cakes, etc.) and this will not work when the temperature outside my apartment building is in the mid-80s and, inside, it's higher.

I do have a crock pot, but that can only be used for one meal per day (essentially)...and that leaves hubby and I hungry. I am a weekly cook-up gal as much as possible, but this is starting to worry me. I might just have to wait until the next week...but I'd rather not. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Nom Nom Paleo has an awesome slow cooker Kahlua pork recipe.  I haven't tried it but have heard others rave about it.  Also, a shrimp cocktail (ceviche) is usually served cold (has shrimp, avocado, tomatoe, onions, peppers, lime juice, cilantro).  That's two that come to mind.  Good luck.

Your slow-cooker makes dinner that day, and lunch the next day. Eggs cooked on the stovetop don't generate much heat. Do you have a George Foreman-type grill for chicken breasts, etc? Tinned tuna and salad.

And a big-old fan blowing in the kitchen!

I would still do your weekly prep day, but perhaps suffer through an hour or two of a hot kitchen, then be done. Boiled eggs on the stovetop, big batch of shredded chicken breasts in the oven, maybe a nice steak on the stove....then toss it all in the fridge and enjoy a week of different and amazing salads, adding tuna, maybe some poached eggs, sautéed fish?

Archived