September 2nd - Start Day!

anragin

I am starting today too!  This is my first Whole30 and I'm nervous after reading the Whole30 timeline.  The next two weeks are NOT going to be fun!

Technically I started yesterday, but I also signed up for the daily emails yesterday which makes today day 1.  Boy, do I need caffeine.  I hate coffee but I may be desperate enough to drink it.  Ugh. 

Good luck everyone! I'm on day 9 of I think my 4th W30, spread out since my first in 9/2012.

Don't let the timeline scare you :). I like to use it more as a preparedness guide, as in if it says days 5 and 10 are typically hardspots, I plan to have my new favorite meals ready to go (you don't want a cooking meltdown to come between you and success) and I change up my schedule to maybe get more sleep or do something fun that's not food related (get a massage or do yoga or plan a walk with girlfriends).

Anytime you're eating something you didn't make from scratch whole foods, READ the ingredients. Don't assume. I couldn't believe the stuff I found in foods I thought would be fine.

Eat a snack if you need to between meals as you're getting started, but aim for balanced snacks (a hardboiled egg and nuts, an apple with almond butter and jerky, carrot sticks and guacamole). You may find yourself not eating enough at meals as you start and you'll adjust portions as you go.

Follow the meal template (if you have the book, easy to find, bookmark it for fast reference)(you can print it from the W30 website too and have it with you on the go, or if you don't have the book). You really need that much fat and protein. Everytime. You will feel so much better and find it easier going.

Have some fun with new recipes but don't feel like you need to be fancy at every meal. One of the best ideas/advice ever: make a list of five go to fast meals. On a bad day, you will thank yourself for this. My go to meals: ground beef and cabbage with horseradish mustard (I keep beef and cabbage in the freezer, it takes under 20 minutes to cook from frozen in one pan), scrambled eggs in ghee with any available veggie, canned tuna with mayo or guac with whatever veg or fruit as a side

The forum is a great place for advice and support, enjoy :)

I started on Sunday, and am finding it a lot easier than expected. I've attempted it a few times but never got past day two so I'm doing well! I was motivated to give it a proper shot when I discovered a bald patch on my tongue on Friday night. I'm on day 3 and already the tastebuds are growing back and I can now barely see the bald patch. It had been very obvious on Friday. 

I also want to see what the Whole 30 will do for my ADD. I know that sugar affects it, but I've never managed to remove dairy from my diet so this will be a new experience for me. Anyway, good luck everyone!

I also started yesterday. I have wanted to do this for so long but have been nervous. I am mentally ready now and am looking forward to feeling stronger mentally and physically. So far so good. Went grocery shopping yesterday at whole foods for the first time. Forgot my coconut aminos though! So I will have to go back.

Archived