Began 9/1/14 - Very Cautious but Determined

Nekod82

Well... this is the first time I've actually started a program like this. I had a few health scares last year and the light bulb went off in my head - I am choosing to end up on the operating table if I keep going the way I was with my diet. Like many others, I THOUGHT I was eating healthy but could never budge the scale. Working out always made my heart and lungs feel as if I was on fire and with the doctors recommendation I just walked. ALL THE TIME. Now I realize my 'HEALTHY' diet wasn't healthy at all. I swear the part in the book where they walked through a 'healthy' day was a snapshot of my everyday. I transitioned to do  a Whole30 challenge over the summer... really letting go of grains but not 100% of the time and cheese?! can we say addict here? I decided on the 9/1/14 start date since... well Sept has exactly 30 days and I felt it's what I needed to do.

I don't know if 30 days will be enough to change my thinking but I'm willing to change today so that I can avoid the hospital later... I work in a hospital and I see what can happen to you if you don't take care of yourself.

I'm on Day 2 and i know it's a mental challenge right now... I prepped for the week and i have my friends keeping me in line - I will finish this and maybe even stick to it longer until I don't have to wrestle with myself over every bite I take.

If you need a buddy - feel free to message me and I will be happy to give you encouragement.

ON TO THE NEXT 29 DAYS! :D 

Welcome!  You are starting out right - recognizing that 30 days might not be enough.  Please let us here on the Forums know if you need any more encouragement - I've found these boards to be an endless resource of inspiration to keep me on track.

Archived