Day 1 - my adventure begins

marytyoung

Today is my official Day 1. I am excited to start this change in eating and SUPER excited to see all the resources! I will say that breakfast has me a little baffled. Eggs I understand. The vegetables and no fruit I will be harder. I guess I am so used to eating dairy, carbs, and fruit....and grazing through the day (shame on me) that this meal may be my biggest challenge.

I rarely wake up hungry. I need this!

I am really looking forward to not writing everything I eat and counting points. I like reading labels.

SO bring it on!

Mary

You can do this!  You can have some fruit in moderation (my issue is the moderation part...) but you should try what I've been having lately - sweet potato, sausage, topped with sunny side up eggs!  Incredibly filling and delicious!  My new favorite breakfast!

Also, salsa is a good replacement for cheese in an omelette - or just mix it up and have a hamburger for breakfast :)

Yum to both ideas. I think I am going to think out breakfast ideas and make myself a list...so I don't have to think in the morning. Sounds pitiful, I know, but easy-to-get food with minimal prep in the morning will help me be successful. In It Starts With Food there is a ground turkey, apple, cinnamon dish aptly named "Morning Mix", that I am going to try. That sounds like something you might like, Mok.

Jillibean, I made the same mashed sweet potatoes and eggs fried in a tsp of ghee, and it was wonderful! I am going to keep a stash of small sweet potatoes to pair with any protein. Boy, a little dab of ghee sure does add flavor!

Please keep posting breakfast ideas! I like eggs. I am happy with eggs. But I hit an "egg wall" after a couple day and need a change.

And, Jilli, I really like avocados. I have missed eating them.

I think I am still in the food-as-reward stage.:-( But this is fun to have relatively easy to prepare food that tastes good and doesn't lead me to snack.

Oh, our dinner time has moved up to 5:30 from my previous 7:00 and we are eating at the table, instead of while watching the news. Good changes!

Have a successful Saturday!

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Day 16. I have been able to stay on track so far. I've tried meals from Well Fed and several Paleo blogs, paying attention to ingredients of course!

I have a question that seems a little odd. What does hunger feel like? For ever I have eaten on cue..it's time, everyone else is, it looks or smells good, I'm stressed, I deserve it...... Now I'm eating 3 times a day, but I don't feel hungry. Sometimes I feel weak and a little jittery, which I figure is low blood sugar. A meal fixes that.

Other times I don't recognize feeling hunger, but after preparing a meal and eating it I feel just fine. Comfortable. Satisfied.

Should I be feeling hunger? Am I eating too much? (I am following the template guidelines.) Should I skip a meal if I feel full from earlier?

Thanks!

Mary

Archived