How much is too much Apple Cider Vinegar?

Juice06870

Can you have too much intake of apple cider vinegar?  Would too much do more harm than good?

I'm addicted to mixing it with flavored seltzer water over ice.  I pour heavy, more than 2 tbsp for sure.  then top it with the seltzer.

I normally have one a day, but i just bought a bottle of apple cider vinegar for the office and i'm on my 2nd one in the past 90 mins...

Can you have too much intake of apple cider vinegar?  Would too much do more harm than good?

I'm addicted to mixing it with flavored seltzer water over ice.  I pour heavy, more than 2 tbsp for sure.  then top it with the seltzer.

I normally have one a day, but i just bought a bottle of apple cider vinegar for the office and i'm on my 2nd one in the past 90 mins...

I hope it doesn't remove the enamel off  your teeth.  :D  :D   Swish your mouth afterwards.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/529504-is-apple-cider-vinegar-bad-for-tooth-enamel/

Juice, I thought about trying the vinegar and fizzy water.  

It was on a health spot....red wine vinegar helps lower insulin response to carbs, keeping blood sugar in check. 

It was stated that it lowers the hunger-revving hormone ghrelin.  

They suggested drizzling over grilled vege, salads, add to hamburger, meatloaf, stews, soups and sauces to brighten flavors.     Any ideas on a good one to buy?

• 1 month later...

I am thinking about trying this.  I get tired of water and want coffee or tea again.  I started to add either lemon juice or Balsamic Vinegar ( both are supposedly healthy to drink)  to water.  

I wonder if ACV would be a better taste. 

• 8 months later...

I've been doing this and it is tasty.  

Juice, I thought about trying the vinegar and fizzy water.  

Any ideas on a good one to buy?

I buy Biona Organic. Whatever brand you choose, it must contain the 'mother' if you want to get the health benefits....

Just call me Mrs Bates, and I'll call you Norman.  :P

Fire Cider

Makes 1 pint or more

1/2 cup peeled and diced horseradish 

1/2 cup peeled and diced garlic 

1/2 cup peeled and diced onion

1/4 cup peeled and diced ginger

1/4 cup peeled and diced turmeric 

1 habanero chile, split in half

1 orange, quartered and thinly sliced crosswise

1/2 lemon, quartered and thinly sliced crosswise

1/2 cup chopped parsley

2 tablespoons chopped rosemary 

2 tablespoons chopped thyme

1 teaspoon black peppercorns

2 to 3 cups raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (at least 5% acidity)

Place all of the vegetables, fruits, herbs, and spices in a clean 1-quart jar. Fill the jar with vinegar, covering all the ingredients and making sure there are no air bubbles. Cap the jar. If using a metal lid, place a piece of parchment or wax paper between the jar and the lid to prevent corrosion from the vinegar. Shake well.

Let the jar sit for 3 to 6 weeks, shaking daily (or as often as you remember).

Strain the vinegar into a clean jar.. Refrigerate and use within a year.

Have fun and create your own fire cider according to your tastes and available ingredients. In fact, you can make it a little different every time. In some batches  use spices like cinnamon and cardamom or add vitamin C-rich rose hips. Other times use ground cayenne or dried chiles rather than fresh habaneros or jalapenos. If you use ground chile, start with a small pinch; you can always add more to taste after you strain the vinegar.

If you're a fan of spicy foods, you might take to fire cider right away, tossing back shots to get your blood flowing on a cold winter day. If you have a more timid palate, you might want to dial back on the chile, and start with small dashes of fire cider in your food rather than drinking it straight.

Archived