How much is too much Apple Cider Vinegar?

Juice06870

"Hot, pungent, sour, and sweet, fire cider is certainly not for the faint of heart. Yet this fiery concoction has been revered for generations as a simple and effective remedy to relieve sinus congestion, ward off colds and flus, aid digestion, and increase circulation. Fire cider can be sipped neat on its own, mixed with other beverages, or used in cooking. (You might think of it like a savory shrub.) It's especially useful to have fire cider on hand in cold weather.

As a folk remedy there are countless variations, but most fire cider recipes include ingredients like fresh horseradish, garlic, onion, ginger, and chile pepper. These are infused in apple cider vinegar (vinegar draws out many plant constituents), which is then strained. "

DH puts about a capful of cider vinegar in every 16 oz bottle of water that he drinks. As a GERD sufferer, this makes a huge difference in his comfort level. Before starting on the cider vinegar he had to take an antacid every night before he could lay down. Since starting on the ACV (we like the Bragg's), he doesn't have to do that. I drink cider vinegar in my water, as well, mostly just because I like the taste. It's more interesting than plain water, and it adds potassium. A couple of times I felt like I was getting the stomach flu, so I upped my vinegar to 2 T in my water and managed to kill off the bugs that were chasing each other around in my gut, and about 12 hrs later I was over it, without barfing (sorry it that's TMI). The cider vinegar "with the mother" is not as strong tasting as the stuff that is filtered. A while back I accidentally bought some stuff from my local coop called "shrub" (it was right next to the grenadine that I get that doesn't have HFCS and I didn't notice that it was a different bottle until I got it home) which was described as an aperitif or digestif. I mixed it with seltzer like a virgin mixed drink and it was pretty good.

Archived