Baking bacon

Xandra

Discovered my new favorite way to prepare bacon, by baking the entire package at once!  :) Keeps my stovetop free and then I have bacon cooked for the week.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Line a rimmed (important, to contain the grease) large baking sheet with foil. Lay bacon slices on sheet.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes, and check for desired crispness.

Some people like to put the bacon slices on a cooling rack set on the baking sheet, to keep the bacon out of the grease while it cooks.

Maybe a dumb question, but do you get the problem with the grease splattering everywhere like you would if you cooked it in a pan?  If not, I will have to give it a try, because i spend a good portion of every morning wiping up bacon splatter on the stove top.

Juice, I have a cake pan with a recessed lid that has holes all over it.  It's especially made for baking bacon or roasting vegetables.

I put a piece of foil on bottom of pan and a piece of foil over the bacon as it bakes.   The grease falls through the holes and I can use the choicest bacon grease for cooking my eggs and throw the foil out with the rest.   There is zero mess in my oven.

I love this method.   Depending on the cut of bacon, about 400 degrees,  if it's thin...375 degrees so it doesn't burn.

This sounds good... now going to look for bacon baking pan.

a.

Juice, I have a cake pan with a recessed lid that has holes all over it.  It's especially made for baking bacon or roasting vegetables.

I put a piece of foil on bottom of pan and a piece of foil over the bacon as it bakes.   The grease falls through the holes and I can use the choicest bacon grease for cooking my eggs and throw the foil out with the rest.   There is zero mess in my oven.

I love this method.   Depending on the cut of bacon, about 400 degrees,  if it's thin...375 degrees so it doesn't burn.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband would like to thank you.  I NEVER make bacon because I cannot stand cleaning up the grease.  Now I can make bacon at home and hubby will be so happy!  :)

Ok, so now that I'm going to start eating bacon, how do I factor it into my meal template?  Should I treat it like a fat?  I have no desire to eat a palm sized amount of it in one sitting as my protein, but I would eat 2 strips as part of my protein if that's how I should view it (vs as a fat).

Tina, treat your bacon lovingly.  It is my mother's favorite food group.  She could live on bacon every single day.  It's a fat/protein combo of delicious proportions.  It goes with everything and flavors your green beans to perfection.  Two strips?  Why I could land an airplane on the amount of strips I eat.   BAE.   Bacon and eggs, my favorite meal.  :D 

Lol - I almost said bacon is my husband's favorite food group but thought I may be exaggerating too much. Turned up short trying to find compliant bacon today :(. I'll have to look at other's posts to see what they've found.

• 3 years later...

Archived