Pasta sauce

LisaLulu

My spaghetti squash still wasn't close to ready by lunch time (I was doing it in the slow cooker) and I was way too hungry to wait so I just ate several bowls of straight up sauce. I make mine super chunky with lots of beef and vegetables so it was like eating chili with Italian seasonings. I had 2 thoughts...

1. Why the heck am I bothering with 'noodles'? For the same price as a spaghetti squash (which tastes like nothing) I could add andextra pound of beef and some more veggies to the sauce and just eat straight sauce every time. I fed it to my 2 year old and she loved it as a meal as well. And my husband is always trying to just eat straight sauce.

2. I wonder if you can make all sorts of 'fake chili' by changing the spices (Italian, Mexican, Indian, ect....) because I just love the taste of ground beef and veggies simmered in tomato sauce and this would make it easy to pass it off as lots of different kinds of meals. 

You got it!

Ground beef, veggies, and different spices... Italian, Asian, Mexican, Indian, spicy, mild, and on and on. Veggies in the mix, plus probably another veggie or two to make the meal according to the Whole 30 meal template

Have you looked at the Well Fed cookbooks? If not, you can see a lot of her recipes on http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com

I have Well Fed 2 and love it... especially the taco meat and the chocolate chili.

ann

I make a big pot of seasoned ground beef every week, usually taco seasoned or chili. When I heat up some for a meal, I layer the seasoned meat with frozen or fresh spinach in several layers in a bowl, then microwave it for 2 minutes. Don't want to use the microwave? No problem! Heat up the meat 'til it is very hot, then layer with some greens... just the heat and moisture in the meat will wilt and heat the greens. Yum!! :-)

Archived