First timer on day 6, no hangover??

em042404

I am on my sixth day of my first Whole30, and don't know what to think about my lack of symptoms. I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian since age 10, so my protein is comes almost entirely from eggs. I have scrambled eggs with various veggies for most of my meals, although sometimes I don't eat the eggs and just have a big salad. Once or twice a day I have a serving of fruit. A few days I've had nuts as a snack when I had to go too long between meals at work (I'm a nurse, so sometimes lunch breaks are truly not available until 7hrs into a shift).

Prior to the Whole30, I bounced between a low-carb diet and eating whatever the hell I wanted (candy, pasta, grilled cheese, etc) and was a diet soda addict. I was expecting to feel the pain by now and am concerned I'm doing something wrong.

Thoughts?

TIA!

I am 20 days into my second one and I didn't have a hangover either time. But the way I was eating for a long time beforehand was healthy, mainly compliant food all day and then eating junk after dinner if I was 'still hungry'. So the first few days the only symptom I felt was being 'still hungry' in the evenings until I got over it. 

Archived