New issues arising

Tanya K

I'm on Day 21. The other evening I had lambs liver and some fried onions ( in coconut oil) with veg. Afterwards my stomach was very bloated and gassy. Tonight I had roast chicken and potatoes with salad. The same thing is happening tonight?? I do have a funny feeling that I could be sensitive to nightshades?? Also I did notice slightly too after the broccoli in tomato purée (Greek broccoli from well fed) that my belly felt bloated. I didn't think that I ever had a problem with potatoes beforehand? I might try at some stage an AIP whole30?? Do these inflammations mean then that these are foods I should stay away from? Is the inflammation telling me that they are 'bad' for my system in some manner or form? And why would they seem to be only affecting me now?

I am not an expert but the bloating may have more to do with your detoxing and not just night shades. Are you taking digestive enzymes? Are you taking probiotics? Are you eating enough fiber? I add crushed flax seeds to add more fiber. You can increase your fiber rich veggies also. Good Luck!

• Moderators

Are you reporting three incidences of bloating and gas after eating three different meals? I don't think you have identified what might be causing your problem. Right now, the possibilities are too broad. You have to narrow things down by eliminating and then reintroducing to figure out if a particular food does not agree with you. It is curious that this problem seems to have developed in just the past few days. I wonder if it is related to food or if it has something to do with stress, health status, sleep, activity levels...

Thanks Tina for the very quick reply! I do hope it is not probs with night shades as I love them all very much!. I was eating a lot of spinach but lately has been very hard to get!! I have been eating a lot of broccoli. But thanks for the tip with the flaxseeds. I don't take any probiotics or digestive enzymes. Will try all these things! Well will try anything before the AIP!!! :-)

Thanks Tom. My sleep hasn't been great in the past two days and have had some sort of sinus thing that I never get too, with pains behinds the eyes and headaches. My car did break down on Wed. So had been doing a school run by bike. :-) This for me would me way outside my exercise routine as I have Chronic Fatigue/ME. So this could possibly be the stress that you mentioned. And come to think of it the day the car broke down was the day I also had the liver and onions! So stress could certainly be the cause. Thank you.

Archived