Welcome to my Team Awesome group challenge!!

Everyone who is wanting to start a Whole 30 in September is welcome to join us!  Our family will officially start on Monday the 8th.  Please feel free to join our "team" thread!   :D   First I will introduce myself and then I'll let everyone else joining the team introduce in the comments below....

My name is Dalas, I write on the Crunchy Lutheran Mommy blog, and I have invited my readers to join me on my next Whole 30 challenge!  Our family first did the W30 earlier in the year and we had amazing results.  Our success story is here:  http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/16538-we-had-amazing-results/

After two months in Ukraine and almost another two months of survival mode as our new adopted kiddos get settled in, we are ready to get back on track!  This will be our third attempted Whole 30 and our second completed Whole 30 AND it will be my first Whole 30 with a proper reintro.  I am excited to be doing it together with a few others!

Feel free to join our team.  We are going to have tons of fun!

Hi Team Awesome!

I would love to join this thread since I have failed myself like twice since I started on Sep 1st. But this time I am serious!

I will start my first full Whole30 tomorrow (Sep 8) and I will make it through the end need a lot of motivation though.

My goal:

- Shred last 5 pounds

- lose body fat to 17% (now at 19%)

- get sleep easier and don't wake up during the night

- shred some inches whole body

- stop counting calories and scale myself every morning (I am very obsessed with a scale)

- reduce dark circle under eyes (this because I never have a good deep sleep)

Anyone want to be my friend on facebook please feel free to add www.facebook.com/rilakpamko

Thank you, and Have fun with Whole30!

Hi, I started on 9/5. Today is my day 5. My first 2 days I had a migraine headache which was not fun but at least I was not that hungry. Days 3 and 4 my headache was gone I felt really good and I felt calm. Today I am in the kill all things mode! Super irritable and everyone is getting on my nerves!! Lol.

Today is my day 12!  Anyone else struggle with weekends?  I guess last weekend (my first Whole30 weekend) wasn't too bad, but I usually eat chocolate and ice cream on the weekends and it's weird to not get to shop for those!   It was also weird to not down a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's on Saturday night (ahem...yes...I did that every Saturday night...). 

I am on day 8! I cannot believe I am doing this! Normally I would fall of within a day of trying a new food plan.

So the first week was definitely tough but so glad I stuck it through. I am finally getting the hang of foods and preparing them more efficiently. I feel really good today!!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay still going!!! On day 22. I have definitely had ups and downs. Today was a down day. I feel a migraine coming on. I was at target earlier in the Halloween section and the smell of candy corn overtook me. I wanted to rip the bag open in the store and eat it. I wanted to cheat. I started rationalizing in my head to eat what I want. Then I went to Sprouts and got a lararbar, a kombucha and some pistachios. I ate those and while not as emotionally satisfying as Halloween candy I avoided the cheating. Whew! I just feel yucky today and I don't know what the deal is. Today I had eggs, turkey chili filled with lots of veggies, carrots, some roasted potato. I felt very lethargic earlier like I needed carbs. Yesterday I had eggs, Raos pasta sauce grass fed meatballs, zucchini noodles with spinach, salad chicken pecans banana coconut flakes olives. I also had an apple with a little almond butter.

I ate horrible before the whole 30. I have never eaten this healthy in my entire life ( I gave up drinking 8 diet cokes a day) so I don't understand why I don't feel fantastic 3 weeks in. I have had some days though where I had amazing energy too. But anyway, this is where I am today. Thank goodness I did not give in and stayed on course!

Toni, good to hear you're still with it!  I am too, day 27!  Honestly, I'm not super excited about day 31.  I don't know if I'll even try to reintroduce foods that day, I'm going to wait until I really want them.  It's funny you mentioned the Halloween candy, I used to love this season because I could buy BAGS of it without feeling self-conscious - you know, as if I'm buying them for trick-or-treat and not to eat them all myself!  :wacko:  I saw a huge display at the grocery store this morning and couldn't believe I had forgotten about Halloween candy!  What has happened to me?!?!

Unfortunately, I don't feel awesome.  I feel good, but no tiger blood.  I also never really felt terrible, so I guess this is a fair trade-off.  I still have my mysterious health issues that drove me to Whole30 in the first place.  I'm wondering if they're caused by a leaky gut, and if that is the case, it will take longer than 30 days to heal anyway.  I have lost weight and seem to have resolved my sugar cravings and diet Coke habit (I could drink a 2 liter or more in a day...) so that is all good.  I guess I just thought I'd have more exciting results at this point. 

Wow you sound a lot like me with the diet coke habit lol! I do not really have any medical issues or stomach problems prior to the whole 30 except I started getting 3 day migraines once a month about 3 years ago. (Menstrual related). I ate way too many processed foods though and way too much sugar and my largest pants were too tight so something had to happen. So I did the whole 30 on a whim and I am shocked I have stuck with it. I normally don't last a couple days on a new eating plan. I think the fact that if you cheat you have to start over helped me to stick with it more than anything. Congrats on making it to day 27!!! Almost there!

Archived