Day three - shaking and struggling to eat enough

DevonEmma

Hello!

Bit of background, my husband and I are both 29, we have a 3 year old and an 18 month old. This is our first whole 30. Kids are eating what we are, but with bread and pasta, and whatever nursery gives them (proper home cooked meals 3 times a day) the three days they are there while I'm at work. Dh is a student nurse. I am breast feeding both kids, the eldest twice a day, the youngest all the time it feels like, and through the night.

I know it's really early days, but I'm really struggling with feeling weak and wobbly. After a meal it takes a good half hour for the feeling to ease. I also seem to need to eat more than I can physically stomach. I'm having three meals and 1 mini meal a day, plus a couple of snacks. But the shakiness is returning within 2 hours.

Anything obvious I can do to help myself through this bit or do I just have to ride it out?

• Moderators

Read through the part of the forum for pregnant and nursing women. You will find lots of insights. You probably need to eat 4 and maybe 5 times per day while nursing. And make sure to eat starchy veggies like potatoes, winter squash, plantains, rutabagas, etc. in addition to protein and fat. The starchy veggies boost energy and you are using a lot when nursing. Also make sure you are drinking at least 1/2 ounce of water per pound of body weight per day. 

Archived