Whole 70 starting on Sept 8. Who's in?

Rkrzywda

I've done 2 successful Whole 30s but have fallen back into my bad eating patterns. The books reference that it takes @ 66 days to break a habit, and I'm looking for lasting change!

I found a buddy in the forum to go on this journey with me, I'm so thankful for that. However, the more support, the larger the group, the easier it will be for everyone.

Who is willing to join us on this physical and mental reboot before the dreaded holidays?

Well you know I'm in :)

Will you be exercising too? What do you do for fitness? Or what are you planning to do?

In my first Whole30 I did make sure I got in some walking and bike riding but it wasn't a routine, it just happened wwhenever the moment arose. This time I plan to follow a schedule and my other goal is to drink more water.

What goals do you have?

I used to be a Zumba fitness instructor for years until about 6 months ago when I changed jobs and my husband got rediagnosed with cancer (he's doing well). That coupled with my kids activity schedules has left me making little time for me. I tried running. I hate it. Walking is ok but boring too. I need something fun or a big variety to keep me motivated. So yes, adding exercise too is a huge goal for me. I have to come up with a plan soon or I won't do it. I should consider starting 20-30 minutes 4-5 days per week and work up from there. I also need to work on drinking more water. Definitely don't drink enough. We could post mini exercise challenges as well...

I'm doing a Whole60 starting tomorrow. I had a rough summer after completing a Whole49.5 in May and an additional Whole30 in March. I've done all my grocery shopping, and I bought 3 different cook books to keep things interesting. I'm also doing P90x2/Insanity/Asylum as my fitness programs!  Good luck in your journey.

^^ encouraged me to join in on this thread too. I've done whole30 over 60 days before but then I had a non compliant bite here and there and fell down the slippery slope. The good news is, too much time hasn't passed so I'm hoping to get right back on the whole30 train! Glad to be doing this with you all!

HI I'm starting whole 30 also.  This is my first one.  I actually started yesterday, but forgot to sign up for the newsletter thing - so I had to chose starting tomorrow.  But I am doing it right now.  I'm completely new to paleo eating.  I have 4 kids, the youngest are nearly 2 year old twins.  My eating habits have definitely been more around drive-thru's and take outs and fast snacks and I want to re-set myself and my life now that things are feeling more manageable with the kids.   

Will we stay connected on this particular thread or how will we support each other through the 30 days.  Also - I am planning to do this for 60 days as well, just because I really want to get myself on track and feel that 30 days may not be enough to really change my habits.  

Thanks. 

Yay!! So excited to see more of you here!!

I think primarily we will stay in touch here on this thread but if you want to share other means of support then please do so.

I use instagram and Facebook (trimhealthymum is my username for both) and am happy to connect via email messages etc

Exercise wise I will be doing Piyo. Occasionally bike riding. If you have amazon prime or Netflix you can find some good workouts for free. And youtube of course.

I have 2 kids, 7 (almost) and 11. I work full time and rely heavily on my food prep for the week. I cannot recommend that enough.

I'll be honest, this weekend I ate pretty bad and I'm worried that this time around I won't have the same willpower as my first Whole30. I'm sure once I get back into the swing of it I will be fine. But I definitely need to clear the fridge of the bad stuff that crept in over the weekend.

ClaireZip, if you click on the icon "follow this topic" you will get emails with a link to this thread every times someone replies. It's a great way to keep in touch.

I'm a mom to two kids, age 7 and 10. During my past Whole 30 they would love to tease me and put forkfuls of their desert near my lips. My husband is supportive but not willing to join me on this journey.

This weekend, pathetic but true, I have been saying goodbye to junk food by stuffing myself with every kind of non compliant food imaginable. Ugh.

I'm so glad to see that we are building a group on this planned longer journey. Tomorrow is Day 1... Here goes nothing!

Oh wow. You have some strong willpower! Lol. My kids are supportive, and they are quick to tell people I don't eat any food with sugar in it. My hubby was a great supporter of my first Whole30 but he missed sharing foods and was super excited when I was done and he bought me a bunch of treats, which was very very sweet of him but that's what gets me back to the unhealthy relationship with food. When I told him I wanted to do a whole90 he kinda freaked out because it would cover my birthday and thanksgiving. After some talk and thought, I decided to do the whole70 so I could get past the 66 days and still have time to get into a relaxed version of whole30 before thanksgiving. My birthday, well, I said that it's my choice and I don't want to eat cake on my bday lol. I explained the need for me to do it and he understands why. That makes it 10000000 times easier for me knowing I have his support this time around too. Hopefully I can get him on board one day. But just now knowing he doesn't think I'm trying to punish him or something by not sharing his foods means the world to me. Silly sausage to think that! Lol

Well, I am getting ready for bed now and all my electronics are going off. I look forward to seeing your posts tomorrow.

How about a mini challenge?

1-2 cups of water with lemon and/or lime before breakfast. The first person to post that they did it can choose a mini challenge for the next day :D

Just started today 8th Sept already in Australia.

First Whole30, Paleo for about two months now, but still dont have "the energy" that everyone says I should. So more energy is first goal and lose weight will be a nice bi-product.

Also thinkking of doing it for 60 days, or 66 if that's how long it takes to break a habit, so this could be a great group!  :)

Okay thanks!  Let's stay in touch here, that seems easiest.  I clicked follow topic up ahead.   I didn't realize when I clicked on this thread it was a 70 day one!  What good fortune I clicked on it since I want to do it for 60 days anyways! :)  I didn't notice until I came back tonight looking for this thread.  

I am finishing day 2 right now but I think I mentioned my official start day with the emails will be tomorrow morning.  But I have never eaten paleo before (and in fact used to be a vegetarian for a long time) so it's a bit to wrap my head around.  However, after only 2 days I am amazed already at how much less foggy my body feels.  I still have a long way to go, but I am surprised I already notice an improvement.  I am also surprised how I have ZERO temptation for a snack tonight.  Not the slightest bit tempted!!  Is that how a normal person with no food issues feels most of the time?  It's pretty great, if so!  

I had written a list of daily or regular symptoms I have that I'd like to see improved and my list was 14 items long, so I am interested to see where this journey takes me.  

I am wondering if you can each share 1 or 2 of your favourite quick and easy meals.  

And I am in for the challenge in the morning!  

Tonight I made hamburger salad.  Local ground bison fried with onions and some chili powder.  Put on top of lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and olives.  I found a herb and garlic mayo that has all ingredients friendly to this challenge and used that as my dressing.  The kids also added cheese and ketchup.  It was great and really easy.  

Hi all! I'm in! I finished my first Whole30 on 8/19. Since doing reintros my food has gotten WAY out of whack. Thinking I need a bit more time this go around to get several things under control including that stupid Sugar Dragon.  I did my last Whole30 egg-free as this is a major trigger for tummy problems for me which left finding options for Meal 1 a little challenging, but, I managed.  The first time I lost 9 pounds (not sure about inches) but, the best part was how I felt at the end.  That is really what I miss - that boundless energy and laser focus. Looking forward to getting that back.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

So my kitchen renovation was supposed to be done by today, but here I am still with no oven, slave to the grill or microwave (which is currently in the basement). But I'm starting today anyway. No excuses! Breakfast this morning was some compliant all natual italian chicken sausage (Wegmans), carrots, and a bananna. I tend to like to start my day with either a sweet potato or a banana because the starchiness seems to help hold me through. Typically I feel hungry the moment I get to work, psychological - because I know I'm not truly hungry, just bored and want to avoid the work. But today I'm feeling good. Grilled chicken and veggies for lunch and then grilled salmon and asparagus un tap for dinner tonight.  Have a great day everyone!

Clairezip - where did you find compliant mayo without any type of sugar in it!!!! I have never made it and I hear that its difficult. Please share!!!!

Rkrzywda It is soooo easy to make!

Place 1 egg and 2 tblsp lemon juice in a blender... let sit to get to room temperature (about 30 mins, up to 2 hrs)

Add 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp ground mustard. Blend for a few seconds until mixed.

Then take 1 cup of olive oil and add sloooooowwwwwwwlllllyyyyyyyyy to the mix,,, should take about 3 mins. voila! You have mayo. It is so so good and a great base for many many sauces. It thickens further in the refrigerator and is good until the date on your eggs. it wont make it that far though, trust me lol

Oh make sure to use the extra light tasting olive oil.

My day 1 getting off to a good start, even though I am hungry at the moment but i am waiting until 12pm though to eat my left overs from dinner - crockpot roast chicken with my famous roast potatoes and brussel sprouts covered in gravy. yum.

I did the water challenge too. looking forward to see what challenge Rkrzywda has for us tomorrow!

How is everyone else doing? Its nice to see some international people here, where is everyone from?

Here is a quick receipe which is good for lunches at work or to have in the fridge for when you get home to stop snacking/temptation while hungry. Spicy Tuna Cakes  http://nomnompaleo.com/post/91332244628/spicy-tuna-cakes

Also if salad is getting boring, Avocado and Basil dressing is good.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=4VfQAQAAQBAJ&pg=PT143&lpg=PT143&dq=avocado+and+basil+dressing+nom+nom+paleo&source=bl&ots=tV2Mik4jxQ&sig=3lgtmRPmi1dMdb996AzDnTuIYDc&hl=en&sa=X&ei=BCsOVPe0HsWA8gWJs4DYCQ&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=avocado%20and%20basil%20dressing%20nom%20nom%20paleo&f=false

Great day here! I struggled through some mid-afternoon sugar withdrawal, but made it to dinner feeling good.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of a mini challenge. So I guess that I challenge everyone to get moving! Take the stairs, park far away from your destination, use a bathroom on a different floor, get creative and get moving. First one to post about the extra efforts they made to get the steps in can post the next challenge! Good luck !

Hi Everyone,  Sorry I didn't check in today until now.  We were super busy today.  I didn't get my water challenge in :(  But I did drink two glasses of water after breakfast.  What is the next challenge - did I miss it in the comments? 

Thank you for the recipes, I'm going to look at them - the basil avocado dressing sounds so good!  

Tonight I made up a dressing - I sauteed peaches chopped really tiny with onions, garlic scapes and one date in the leftover Bacon fat from the frying pan with some balsamic vinegar (is that kind of vinegar allowed??), and then took it off the pan and mixed it with dijon mustard and oil.  It was delicious!!  had it on top of greens, vegetables, strawberries and cashews!   

We also had a stuffed pumpkin for supper which took a while in the oven but very fast prep.  Sauteed chopped bacon (no sugar added).  While that was cooking - I cut open the pumpkin and gutted it.  Chopped up apples, mixed with a few raisins & a few chopped dates (no sugar added), added in the chopped bacon (including the liquid fat) and mixed it together with salt, pepper and cinnamon.  Put it back in the pumkin and baked for an hour (probably could have baked 10 minutes longer.  It was really fast to make except the baking time and it was DELICIOUS.  We all loved it!  And I have tons of leftover pumpkin - going to try to find a pumpkin soup recipe.  

Great day here! I struggled through some mid-afternoon sugar withdrawal, but made it to dinner feeling good.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of a mini challenge. So I guess that I challenge everyone to get moving! Take the stairs, park far away from your destination, use a bathroom on a different floor, get creative and get moving. First one to post about the extra efforts they made to get the steps in can post the next challenge! Good luck !

Clairezip

Archived