Detoxing Memories?

lrumsey

Hi all! I'm new to the Whole30.  I started September 1st and I'm really loving eating whole food! No cravings, no hunger, no urge to kill... all is well... except I'm finding that bad memories are rising to the surface like crazy.  Has this happened to anyone else?

• Moderators

I know that I've found that there are a lot of feelings and emotions that normally cause me to turn to food for comfort, and since I can't have the food I would normally eat at those times, I've actually had to acknowledge and feel all those feelings, if that makes sense. It really sucks, but I'm sure it's good for me in the long run. Maybe it's something like that, where you used to distract yourself with food and now can't?

Funny you should bring this up.  I started on Sept 1 too, and am also not having any problems with cravings or feeling terrible or anything like that.  But all weekend I kept remembering things from my early 20s (a bad time in my life).  I am an emotional eater so it makes sense that feelings will resurface when I can't stuff myself with chocolate and ice cream all weekend...

Archived