Sept 15th start date

Notyouravrgpaleomama

Posting this to make it official! I'll be starting my second Whole30 a week from today. I did swimmingly the first time (ended just 6 weeks ago) but did not follow through with a proper reintro phase. I have been plagued with digestive issues ten times worse than before, so I know it's time to clean up my act and figure out once and for all what the root of these issues is.

I'm planning on keeping a log this time around, because last time I was a bit snack-ier than I meant to be, as I am still exclusively breast feeding my 11 month old. I am hoping that round two will see me sticking to the meal template more consistently. I am also looking to add a bigger exercise component as well. Currently, I take several long walks a week (2-4 miles while pushing a stroller or baby wearing), but I think it's time to start lifting some heavy things.

Anyway, there's my novel. Lol. Anyone want to join?

Hi there! I too am starting on September 15! I'm running a half marathon on the 14, and wish I'd done a Whole 30 earlier this summer to get me on a better diet during my training. This will be my second Whole 30, and I'm making myself stay away from nuts and Larabars this time--snacking in general is my downfall. 

I too completely messed up the reintroduction for my first one (went out of town and was so happy to be "allowed" to eat all the foods I gave up). I'm pondering doing a Whole45, just to push myself past two vacations and prove that it's possible. 

Cheers to us!

Yay! I too relied on larabars a bit much, telling myself that it was ok since I was breastfeeding, but I'd really like to nix them this time. Good luck on your whole 45. I am toying with the idea of extending mine as well, though my daughter's first birthday is the 18th of October, with her party a week later.

I too am starting my second whole 30 on the 15th. I did my first during March. Since then I have gotten way off track again.

My husband may be on board with me this time too, at least mostly! That will be a help.

I think I might keep a log this time too to help keep myself more accountable by putting it in writing.

I'm starting on the 15th as well.  I'm with you ladies on the no Larabar thing!  They are too addicting and I want to get rid of the sugar cravings.  I am also going to stay completely away from nuts and nut butters this go round.  Please hold me accountable!!  

Good luck! 

Happy first day, all! Anyone care to share their meal plan for the day? I love getting new* (*easy) recipe and meal ideas. I'm trying to be more adventurous this time around--eating vegetables I'm not used to (parsnips and turnips, I'm coming for you!) and cooking with more protein than just eggs, chicken, and ground beef. 

My meals for the day:

Breakfast: tomato and spinach frittata, roasted asparagus, 1/2 avocado

Lunch: Balsamic Chicken and Sausage Stew (I leave out the sausage and double the chicken, the only compliant sausage I can find is chicken apple and that wouldn't go well with the flavors, IMO), baby carrots with Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie pack

Dinner: Paleo chili (basically ground beef, onion, can of Rotel, diced tomatoes, and spices), sauteed shaved brussels sprouts.

Would love to hear how everyone else's day is going!

My meal plan for the day...

Off to a rough start because I missed breakfast.  Mornings are crazy so I need to do a better job of getting up earlier and getting things ready for the kids before time gets away!

Coffee with a splash of almond milk (I survived day 1 no stevia)

M1:  Eggs, spinach, bacon, all the hot sauce

M2:  Chicken breast, zucchini, broccoli, guacamole

M3:  Pre w/o-maybe a boiled egg and some veggies or an apple (smaller meal)

M4:  Ground chicken, sweet potato, salsa, (post w/o) (smaller meal)

Today has shown me already I really need to get better about meal timing!

@Whyleigh, I know smoothies are discouraged because its considered "drinking your calories" and doesn't provide the satiety that solid food does. That being said, I love smoothies and think if pair them with some other easy breakfast components (hard boiled eggs for example), then you'll probably be full enough?

Starting today as well!! This is my second Whole30. I also kind of fell off in the reintroduction phase last time but I was very happy that for the 30 days I did comply to the Whole30 rules 100%. I didn't lose a lot of weight last time, but I did feel noticeably thinner, and felt great. No more heartburn at night, was sleeping better, and had more energy in general. I did a LOT of cooking last time, and while I fully intend to do a bunch of cooking this time around as well, I am trying to keep it a little more simple by doing more salads, and things like canned salmon, tuna, etc. for convenience especially for lunch. Also, since my last Whole30 I have purchased an electric pressure cooker called the Instant Pot which is an absolutely amazing thing! I made Nom Nom Paleo's Korean Short Ribs in 45 minutes this weekend!!! And they were delicious!! Normally they take many hours in the slow cooker. You can use it for just about anything and because it's cooking the food under pressure it's super fast!  

Here is what I have eaten so far today:

Breakfast: Irish bacon (also called rashers, no sugar in mine), sliced raw peppers and jicama, 1/2 avocado

Lunch: Big salad of chopped mixed greens (I like the Earthbound Farm Organic Herb Mix), cucumber, tomato, olives, hard boiled egg, olive oil, and lemon juice

For dinner I am going to grill up some chicken thighs, throw a sweet potato in the oven (which I usually eat with either ghee in place of butter or mash with some coconut milk), and saute some lacinato kale. 

Good luck to everyone and keep the meal ideas coming! I love seeing what other people are trying. 

Happy day one! I got off to a bit of a shaky start as well. I went to a concert Saturday night, so a hangover kept me from really prepping appropriately. I'm pretty used to eating paleo, though, so I have made it through with what I already had in the house. I'll post a link to my log once I post it this evening.

HI All,

I started yesterday too (I'm on NZ time!). Have had a slightly odd start though...I have a bad case of bronchitis so have been in bed for 3 days now. Was tempted to put off the start of the Whole30 but I'd mentally prepared for the start to be Sept 15th and besides, I don't have any appetite at all so I'm naturally giving up sugar anyway! The only down side is I could really do with some throat lozenges but my GP warned me to stay away from them anyway because I'm breastfeeding and they can be a bit dubious. The "carb flu" symptoms are going to merge with the "bronchitis" symptoms but that won't be a bad thing anyway.

Stayed compliant yesterday though only had 2 small meals, the only issue I may have is if I have to go on Anitbiotics but will deal with that if it happens.

Have just put a beef casserole in slow cooker so I have healthy meal ready for tonight. Back to bed for now (yes, it's 9am and I'm heading back to bed!) then will try for an omelette later in the day.

Hope everyone else is going well, happy to see so many doing it together and looking forward to support :)

My wee man is almost 15mo (eeek!). He just feeds morning and night now, but no plans to give it up any time soon. My husband was trying to convince me to give up this week just so I could take a cold and flu tablet, but I wasn't going near that idea. He's my last (2 other boys almost 6yo and 4yo)....so no need to rush anything :)

This is my first time and today is my first day.  I have been on so many different diets but always go back to my bad habits and gain back all and more of the weight lost.  I have been doing this now for more than ten years.  I find myself now not just over weight but with minor health problems.  I have decided to not just do 30 days but 90 days.  This way I know that I have broken the bad habits and created new ones.

Ate so much yesterday that I was not hungry this morning. so just had black coffee

Lunch was a salad with guacamole and an apple

Dinner was left overs from yesterday Beef Short Ribs over a portabella mushroom yum yum and a salad with EVOO and  balsamic vinegar.

so far two glasses of sparkling water with pure cranberry juice not sugar added and Limes and lemons.  This is the only way i can get thru the evening without having a glass of wine.

Cooking beef shanks for tomorrow.

Day one almost done.

Hi Cyndi Lou, welcome!

I am just finishing day 2 (nz time means I'm a day ahead!).

I have also decided to do this for 90 days. Only made the decision yesterday after listening to a podcast by Melissa where she really drummed home how much psychology plays a role in diet and how to own your individual whole30. It suddenly dawned on me that the reason I failed at my recent attempt at whole 30 was it was too short...both to really kick my demons butt and also to convince myself it was worth it.

I told myself at week 3 that I'd made it far enough, one more week wasn't enough to make a big difference! Committing myself to 90 days has completely changed my mindset...rather than counting down the days to finish line, I've just accepted that this is how I eat for now, and somehow that is easier!

Good luck for day 2/3 everyone.

Hi Cyndi Lou, welcome!

I am just finishing day 2 (nz time means I'm a day ahead!).

I have also decided to do this for 90 days. Only made the decision yesterday after listening to a podcast by Melissa where she really drummed home how much psychology plays a role in diet and how to own your individual whole30. It suddenly dawned on me that the reason I failed at my recent attempt at whole 30 was it was too short...both to really kick my demons butt and also to convince myself it was worth it.

I told myself at week 3 that I'd made it far enough, one more week wasn't enough to make a big difference! Committing myself to 90 days has completely changed my mindset...rather than counting down the days to finish line, I've just accepted that this is how I eat for now, and somehow that is easier!

Good luck for day 2/3 everyone.

Hi Cath  so good to hear that someone else is doing 90 days.  I agree I think for the first time it's a mind set that this is how I'm going to eat from now on.  Day two is done and I was able to cook food for my husband with out tasting the potatoes and no sips from his glass of wine.  I have 10 years of calendars with my weight written in almost every day.  I also have about 4 journal books from my past 10 years of dieting.  With no change in my eating habits.  So it's hard for me to not want to jump on the scale.

Archived