Sept 15th start date

Notyouravrgpaleomama

WELCOME Day 4...NOT!!!!

Arrggghhh, after a shocking day I just read the "what to expect" article and I fitted it perfectly...I Want to Kill all Things!!!!

Wasn't sure what was going on in my head but my patience was so limited today, didn't know if it was the lingering chest infection (woke up to coughing fits with blood....ugh!), the fact that my husband had to go away for a few days for work (chest infection + single parenting....big UGH!), and then to top it off, my period came 10 days early. What is my body trying to do to me?

My head sure did its best to convince me to quit but luckily I am sitting in a house with not one non-compliant option (well ok, there is flour etc but I'm not about to bake up a cheat item) and I even poured 3/4 of a bottle of good wine down the sink last Sunday, which was good foresight because right now I think I would have been grabbing for it. But no, my kids are tucked up in bed and I can't even go anywhere so I'm sitting here instead, with a bowl of strawberries, having a whinge to you!

Thankfully, according to the timeline this only lasts 2 days. Poor kids, might have to organise a special weekend outing to make up for grumpy mum! Hope everyone else manages to get through this horrible phase ok.

Hi Cath

I get through my days pretty good but it's the evenings that I get really grumpy and my husband definitely is letting me know. It doesn't help when he is having a glass of wine at dinner and I'm not so I guess I am a little grumpy with him but anyway. Fourth day and halfway through. We can do it I know we can talk to you later

Today is my day two.  I did the whole 30 in August, but only made it it 21 days.  This time is different, I am committed to the full 30.  Last time I felt amazing after a few weeks, but then just got bored with it and gave in to temptation.  I am planning ahead for those difficult occasions.  

I am nursing my six month old, so I feel I need four meals.  I really try to make these high protein meals.  I am notorious for snacking and licking the knives clean after preparing pb&j's.  Not anymore.

Cyndi Lou, I make myself a Mocktail of kombucha and LaCroix in a wine glass every night to have with dinner. I am not one to drink wine every night anyway, but I find that the act of making a special, healthy drink in a pretty glass delivers as much, if not more satisfaction.

Eatingclean, I'm nursing my 11mo and I would definitely recommend four meals if you feel you need it. Also, make sure you are eating enough starchy veg and fruit. There are different allowances for nursing mom as.

Day five i'm a big baby:

I signed up for the whole 30 daily which is great. I get an email every day which encourages me and helps me with where I'm at in the 30 days. At the end of each email they ask you how you did today and you click I did great or I didn't. This morning after I clicked I did great for day four I just started bawling. Warning I am a very moody cancer with my sun, moon and Mercury also in cancer.

The tears I guess came from the realizeation that this is really going to work, it's not just a diet this is a full blown out lifestyle change for me. For years now I have been using food and alcohol to comfort me with about 50% of the food being healthy. So for the last 15 years I've been about 30 to 40 pounds overweight. I,m 58 now and I can see my health slowly declining. I have tried every diet plan out there only to gain it all back with in a month or two.

I carry all the extra weight in my upper body and in my belly. I can't tell you how many times people have thought that I was pregnant.

A couple of months ago there were several conversations with friends and acquaintances regarding bone soup. The recipe that I found was in the whole 30 website. Some of the best things in my life have come by accident (angels showing me the way).

So I think I'll cry more eat better and drink less.

So I hope y'all have a great day five take it slow cry more and just let the emotions fly.

I technically started on the 14th my whole30 daily has me on the 18th, at this point I'm planning to extend anyway so I'm not going to stress out about the count down. I miss wine and I'm tired of cooking. That being said, I can already see a difference in my face. I'm working hard to change my bad habits. Today was great I spent most of my day hiking and enjoying the great weather. But Ive always been a grazer, three meals a day has been a huge transition I either feel like I am eating way to much or not enough.

Cyndi Lou, I make myself a Mocktail of kombucha and LaCroix in a wine glass every night to have with dinner. I am not one to drink wine every night anyway, but I find that the act of making a special, healthy drink in a pretty glass delivers as much, if not more satisfaction.

Eatingclean, I'm nursing my 11mo and I would definitely recommend four meals if you feel you need it. Also, make sure you are eating enough starchy veg and fruit. There are different allowances for nursing mom as.

Thanks I love kombucha.  I have been doing a drink that I have done on another diet which is sparkling water with 2 oz of organic cranberry juice from concentrate not sugar added with lemon juice and a splash of apple cider vinegar.  

Well it's day 7, and I've decided that now is not the time to do another whole30. My husband voiced some concern yesterday about me becoming obsessive, and that he thought I needed to put some more space in between them. I gave it some thought, and he is right. I have a long history of disordered eating, and back to back strict elimination diets, however healthy it may be, triggers too much anxiety and obsessive tendencies for me. The great thing is, Whole 30 gave me the tools I need to eat for optimal health, without guilt.

I wish you all luck in your endeavors!

Congratulations on coming to your decision Notyouravrgpaleomama ...sometimes it takes just as much courage to know when to stop as it does to keep going.

I am on Day 8 now and starting to feel good. I am starting to sleep better and have a nice little routine going for my meals...omelette for breakfast, roast chicken salad for lunch and then family meal for dinner. I feel like my head is in a good space. I DO want to lose weight (oh how I want to lose weight) but that isn't my major focus. My goal is for the Whole 30 to give me back my energy, sanity and health. I want to have the energy to fit in a regular exercise routine..and that is what will give me the results I want. It is hard to believe I am so UNFIT, I used to be such a fitness fanatic but just really struggled since having kids to get all the boxes ticked. I look forward to being that "weird, fit girl" again who makes exercise a major priority. I have to take it slow though...I seem to crash rather easily at the moment. So for now, I'm just focussed on getting my base back with some walking and pilates. I almost have to hold myself back from anything more intense but I know this is the right way for me. I'll be back in to the intense stuff by Xmas.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Archived