October 1 Start Date

k2kre

Hello Everyone - 

I'm Kristin and I'm new to all of this.  Really, all of it.  I've never posted on a public forum and I've never started a program so strict.  

Little bit of background on me.  I'm 33.  I've always been really athletic and never had a hard time maintaining my weight.  The past year is the first - I've started to feel old.  I get sick easily, bad aches and pains all the time, no energy and I can't lose weight as easily as I have in the past.  I also have started eating for stress and have become addicted to not good food and don't have a lot of will power.

So I'm now about 25 lbs over where I want to be and have always been.  I need change.

I just bought "It Starts with Food" and a cook book related.  I have a conference in Boston next week and I want to read the book front to back before diving in.  So I thought October 1 would be the perfect time.  

I understand this is going to be very challenging and it seems that I'm probably going to feel pretty poopy at first but I'm hoping with everyone's help that I will have the strength to continue this program for the full 30 days. 

I've never had to watch what I eat but have always known the basics of what is good to eat in terms of exercise and fitness.  Lots  proteins and veggies.  I'm not much of a cooker so if anyone has any quick and easy recipes to share please do.  And please any and all encouragement is welcome.  I'm going to need it. 

Thanks in advance!

Kristin

Hi, I plan to start the Whole 30 October 1st as well.  Waiting for the book to come so I can start planning.  I just turned 40 and would like to start taking care of my body more, and loose weight as well.  I have IBS which is something else I hope will be easier to control during the Whole 30.

Hi Newbie - 

I'm excited that you'll be starting this challenge at the same time.  I'm hoping to encourage as well as be encouraged.  I also suffer from IBS only when I'm really stressed but I do feel bloated all of the time.   I hope we can knock this program down a day at a time together!

Kristin

Welcome and great first step!   Keep in mind that your digestive issues may get worse before they get better.  It's all part of the healing process so please don't be discouraged.  Just keep on keepin' on and post your food logs on the site so that we can help troubleshoot.

Best of luck!

Thank you @Hols1 for the advise.  I do actually get really bad stomach issues when I eat certain foods.  I was afraid with all the veggies I will be eating what it would do to my belly as they always seem to give me more gas.  But I've never allowed my body time to fully heal.  This will be hard but I'm glad you told me that so I will know that I just need to stick it out.

@Sroach918 I'm excited that you are starting on October 1 too.  I'm really ready for some change.  I hope you are too.  Happy early B-day!

Is everyone getting super excited to start?!!!!

I know I am.  I'm a little behind the ball as I will be doing some shopping today and some tomorrow and then trying to cook a meal that will last me until the weekend.  I have added a lot of great recipes to my Pinterest board and I can't wait to start.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi,

Im starting tomorrow, October 1st as well! Im scared, excited, determinded, anxious, etc. I feel like a kid starting thier first day of school tomorrow. Im over weight and at my heaviest and I cant remeber the last time i actually felt really good about myslef. I know its going to be tough and  get worst before getting better but I look forward to a clean, healthy feeling. Good luck to you and to everyone starting tomorrow! This is going to be one of the hardest months of my life but Im ready for change and to overcome the control processed and bad food have over me. Happy Whole30!

Hi everyone

My name is Debbie and I will be starting as well tomorrow.  Made some egg muffins for breakfast tomorrow to kick start my day!!

I know I am going to miss bread and cheese and of course alcohol!! Also I am off to Crete on Saturday for a weeks holiday.

Hopefully lots of fresh fish and salad - without the feta cheese!!  I know this is going to be quite a difficult month but hopefully we can all support each other.  Will take the before piccies tomorrow and jump on the scales and check body fat etc and look forward to seeing an improvement on the stats by the end of the month!!   :rolleyes:

Good Morning All!!!!

Thank you first and foremost for joining my forum post.  I'm so happy to have you with me in this journey.  My lil sis is also doing it with me here side by side.  I'm hoping we can kick this programs butt!

I gorged out yesterday on everything that I won't be having for the next month and maybe never again.  So I'm feeling pretty crappy this morning.

I got up weighed myself - not shocked.  Took a shower and did my measurements.  SHOCKED!  I knew I wasn't feeling comfortable but I had no idea I'd let myself get so far.  It was definitely a wake up call.  And I think it also means that I'm going to be getting back in the gym.  I was going to wait to see how I felt - lots of people say you don't have a lot of energy the first few weeks but why not welcome more change!

So, needless to say - I'm more determined and pumped for this journey and I couldn't be happier I have all of you joining me.  We can all do this.  

I hope everyone is as excited as I am!

Good luck and I'm here for support to anyone!!!!

Kristin

Hi all! My name is Jessica and I just had my first Whole30 breakfast :)

I've been paleo for several months now but haven't done a Whole30 because the timing wasn't "right". Well...it's never "right" but right now is good enough! I've been feeling junky lately because of some off-plan foods (and drinks...just turned 21 last week) and I'm ready to get back on track.

I decided last night after dinner so I don't really have things planned...I'm gonna have to run by the store today, but I'm lucky that my fridge is pretty well stocked with meats and veggies and things without any sugar!

I'm also going to do no eggs or tomatoes - tomatoes make me sluggish and exhausted, and I think eggs are tied to my acne. Tomatoes haven't really been a problem to avoid, but figuring out breakfast is definitely more difficult without eggs. So I'm planning on eating lots of leftovers in the morning.

Good luck everyone!

I'm starting my first Whole 30 today too. I came across the book earlier this year and have been shooting for this date for a long time. I'm a fussy veggie eater, so that's going to be a bit of a challenge, but I'm determined to give it a shot.     

Good luck to all of you  starting today as well! 

PS - Please forgive the Coke bottle for my profile picture (I don't even drink Coke - giving up Diet Pepsi is going to be my real challenge!) My penpal in England found it and sent it to me, as you can imagine how tough is would be to come across my name. :) 

I am starting on my next Whole30 today.  I have done several full Whole 30 but also always stick close to what is allowed/not allowed on the program.  Once I finished the first one I had no desire to go back to the old way of eating. 

This is not difficult, just takes some discipline.  You can do this! :D

Hi! I'm starting today too. I'm already starting to feel the hangover. :( My stomach is not happy with me right now. The hardest thing for me is going to be giving up Coke (regular.) It'll be the best thing too, but definitely hard. Glad I can drink unsweetened iced tea to deal with the caffeine withdrawal.

Good luck everyone!

Hi all! I am also starting my Whole30 program today, October 1st. This will be my second attempt at the program, seeing as my first time around I made it to day 9 and then got really sick. I should have started over right when I started feeling better, but instead I just reverted back into old habits.  :wacko:

I'm hoping to make it through the full 30 days this time. I realy need to understand what foods are making me feel certain ways, and this is the best way I can find to do so. 

I'm looking forward to doing this journey with everyone and learning lots along the way!

Good Luck!  :)

Hi everybody! I'm starting my Whole30 today also. I read the book over the past month, and it just made so much sense to me. I was already eating pretty strict low carb, but not seeing the results I wanted or feeling quite right. The hardest thing for me to let go of will be dairy. I practically consume more dairy than a baby cow! But I'm looking forward to having a little fruit, something that was off the list when low-carbing. I'm excited to start! Thanks for all the great posts this morning. Good for us!

Hi Everyone,

This is my second whole 30.  I completed one in May but left for an all-inclusive vacation on Day 31.  I never completed the re-introduction phase and as a result did not learn as I should have from it.  What I did learn is that I felt really great at the end of it.  I want that feeling back and am looking forward to this journey with all of you!!

Good luck!!

Hello all! I will be starting the Whole30 next week. I am 54 and a type 2 diabetic. I am going to do this program because I am tired of having no energy anymore. I am meeting with my doctor next week and then I start. My biggest hurdle will be dairy. Not just milk but cheese also. I plan on using ghee so not having butter won't be an issues, I have been using coconut oil for about a year for cooking and restricted breads, grains and beans file about 3 months. My other problem is I am a really picky eater and not very adventurous eater. I am not sure how I will be with having to eat things I have never eaten in order to get through this program. But I am determined to do this program. Also, I am not a great cook so cooking more just doesn't sound fun. I know I have a lot to overcome but I cannot live my life the way I feel now. I could really use some Whole30 buddies. Contrary to how it may sound, I am not a high maintenance kind of person. I just need some buddies to go through this with me. Any volunteers?

Hello! I am also new to the Whole30 and started today as well. My parents are also joining me on this journey so hopefully having a support system online and at home, will help keep me focused and on track. I'm really excited about this and look forward to the end and seeing results and a new lifestyle! 

I am 27 and work a desk job, so my daily routine between 8-5 is pretty sedentary. However, after work I workout religiously and tend to make it 4-5 times a week. Despite all that, I've found myself in a rut and hit a weight and overall feeling I've never been at before. I heard someone just the other day say "You can't out-train a bad diet."  This hit me pretty hard and so I started reading and looking up things to help me change. I knew about Paleo but wanted something a little more than just food changes, I needed a lifestyle change. 

So here I am, nervous and excited about the next 30 days and what my body and mind will go through. I know I can do it, but support and encouragement is gonna be very key!! Thanks for listening and I hope everyone else's journey goes well :)

Jessica

Littlelove, you don't have to eat anythning you don't want to on this program, however you might decided you want to try some new things. Why don't you just pick one new vegetable each week and experiment - try different ways to cook it and see. Take one 'no thank you' bite each time! Tell you what, give me some suggestions of some vegetables that you do like and some that you've never tried and I'll see if I can give you some suggestions....the only vegetables I don't like and won't eat are mushrooms, eggplants and radishes.... And fennel. Other than that, I love them all!

Archived