A British Whole30

Britishgal

Second whole30 starting today with my 6 year old eating 2 of his 3 meals a day with me with added dairy occasionally...I wanted to posts daily meals to stay accountable x

Day 1:

Breakfast

Handful of leftover steak, 1 fried egg, 1 cup of mushrooms cooked in ghee with garlic, 5 spears of grilled asparagus, 2 fried tomatoes and a few sautéed potatoes

Lunch

Palm sized piece of grilled chicken with grilled lemon slices, 1 cup of sprouts cooked with bacon, 1 cup chopped green beans cooked in ghee, 1/3 oven roasted butternut squash and a tablespoon or so of homemade mayo

Dinner

Homemade burger made with beef and onion topped with a grilled portobello mushroom and wrapped in lettuce leaves, a cup or so of leftover sautéed potatoes from breakfast and half a cucumber cut into sticks with about a tablespoon of homemade mayo (my son had cheese on his burger but ate the lettuce wrap without moaning so I'm happy!)

I'm pleased for day 1 ;)

Nice job!  I'm new to Whole 30, doing my first one now, I'm on day 2.  Yesterday I made a delicious dinner of scallops cooked in ghee with salt & pepper with an avocado on the side.  It was so good and filling, I was able to not miss having dessert.  Tonight it's salmon.

Best of luck!

-Linda RS

Ok so day 2 is over and I'm tired with a slight headache but all in all not bad ;)

Day 2:

Breakfast

3 egg omelette with chopped green beans, onions and pancetta "bacon" with a dollop of mayo

Lunch

Bowl of chocolate chilli made with 6 added bell peppers, the red, yellow and green ones, (nearly blew my head off) with baked sweet potato and guacamole

Dinner

3 Lettuce leaf "tacos" with chocolate chili and guacamole (avoided nicking any of my son's homemade French fries so I'm proud of myself...I had a potato with lunch) with Granny Smith wedges on the side

Drinking oodles of water with lemon wedges or mint leaves...4 750ml bottles today.

X

Hi Britishgal. Where did you find compliant bacon in UK? I started Whole 30 11 days ago. So far so good but I'm missing bacon :-(

There's also a sugar free and nitrate free bacon, if you're happy to shop online:

http://www.devonrose.com/shop/free-from-nitrate-free/nitrate-free-dry-cured-bacon/nitrate-free-smoked-back-bacon.html

http://www.devonrose.com/shop/free-from-nitrate-free/nitrate-free-dry-cured-bacon/nitrate-free-unsmoked-back-bacon.html

Thanks both of you ;) I don't drive and we don't have a tesco...we have aldi waitrose and booths as well as a little market, butchers and weekly fish van in my small (but obviously posh) town so I will look into the internet once the Palma ham has been scarfed. Maybe I'll ask the butcher at booths too, I buy a lot of liver there already though admittedly I go to aldi for a lot of my meat ;)

We have a proper butchers shop but when I went in to ask about sausages a while back (for my son more than me) he insisted it was impossible to make sausages without rusk so I lost faith in him and haven't been in since

Ahh..the end of day 3

Headache is less but I got my period today so that may explain the tiredness over the last couple of days as well as a slightly dodgy tummy this evening. I could murder a bar of dairy milk but determined to resist!

Day 3:

Breakfast

2 lettuce leaf tacos with chocolate chilli, homemade guacamole and a handful of pistachios

Lunch

2 fried eggs, a grilled portobello mushroom, 2 fried tomatoes, a slice of fried Palma ham, a smallish sweet potato cut into wedges and baked and a dollop of homemade mayo with garlic

Dinner

Grilled chicken breast with grilled lemon slices, a grilled portobello mushroom and a dollop of mayo flavoured with lemon zest with a huge salad of a head of little gem lettuce, half a cucumber and 2 tomatoes dressed with balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Also a few raspberries and a couple of pieces of my son's fresh mango

Couldn't stop drinking fizzy water today with copious slices of lemon...maybe the lemon has been taking the place of my usual feel-sorry-for-myself period weaknesses?

Day 4 has been hard. I couldn't sleep at all last night, I got 3 unsettled hours and I'm shattered! No appetite today at all, all I want to do is drink water, I'm so very thirsty.

On a positive note the headache disappeared mid afternoon and my tummy feels a little better ;)

I'm heading to bed at 7pm at the same time as my son and hoping tomorrow is better

Day 4:

Breakfast

Chicken breast and 3 leftover halves of red, green and yellow peppers sliced and fried with chili served with half an avocado mashed with lemon juice

Lunch

Bowl of homemade courgette and mint soup from the freezer with a handful of fried chopped Palma ham and some green grapes. Not ideal I know but it was almost 2pm and I just couldn't stomach eating anything else ;(

Dinner

Bowl of chocolate chili, a third of a butternut squash chopped into wedges and roasted and a dollop of homemade mayo

About 4 litres of water, fizzy and still

Ah day 5!

Still tired but actually slept last night so I do feel a lot better. Still not much of an appetite but I'm still making sure I eat...

Day 5:

Breakfast

Bowl of chili with large dollop of homemade mayo

Lunch

1 97% sausage (just meat, salt and herbs), 2 fried eggs, 2 fried tomatoes, heaps of mushrooms fried in ghee

Dinner

Roast lamb, 3 roast baby potatoes, juices from the roasting pan as gravy, loads of sprouts with specks of Palma ham

I also baked a birthday cake today without eating any of it or even licking the spoon and tomorrow I go out to an Italian restaurant with my family for my nephew's birthday so that'll be a humungous test!

Day 6 was hard...really hard. Had Indigestion, went out for a meal with my family and got sick if saying no and explaining that rice IS a grain and I can't eat it then I nearly cried at a table celebrating a 30th birthday as I felt so old and wanted to feel hopeful about the future again like I did at that age. I'm hoping it's just a bad day!

Day 6:

Breakfast

Roast lamb, crushed roast new potatoes with ghee, sprouts and Palma ham.

Lunch

Chocolate chili

Dinner

Grilled salmon, rocket with balsamic vinegar and 2 of my nephew's chips (fries?) with fizzy water

Still very thirsty so drank a lot of water today too

Day 7 and I'm more tired than ever so I did nothing today...no energy at all ;(

Day 7:

Breakfast

Chocolate chilli with avocado

Lunch

Left over roast lamb heated in lamb fat with sautéed leftover roasted whole baby potatoes d half a head of Savoy cabbage with Palma ham

Dinner

Chili lettuce wraps with avocado

Drank loads of water again ;)

Bit more energy today...cleared, deep cleaned and painted the floor of my bedroom this morning so I must be doing something right ;) I'm bloated but nothing I can't cope with and I'm hoping that'll pass soon

Day 8:

Breakfast

Chocolate chilli

Lunch

Roast lamb reheated in lamb fat, crushed roast new potatoes and loads of green beans

Dinner

2 fried eggs, garlicky mushrooms, a slice of bacon, 2 roasted tomatoes, 1/3 roasted butternut squash cut into cubes with a dollop of homemade garlic mayo and an apple

As usual...loads (about 3.5 litres) of water

Still bloated today, so much so that this afternoon I had to explain twice that I am not actually due soon, in fact I'm not pregnant at all, I'm just fat. Which is always nice.

It's abating a little this evening so I'm hoping it is passing!

Day 9:

Breakfast

3 egg omelette with loads of stir fried lettuce and garlic and a dollop of mayonnaise

Lunch

The last of the leftover lamb reheated in lamb fat with mashed roasted baby potatoes and fried mushrooms

Dinner

Roast chicken and juices with 3/4 of a roasted sweet potato (shared with my son), mashed roasted carrots and 1/3 of a head of Savoy cabbage stir fried with compliant bacon.

About 3 litres of water

Day 10 and so horribly bloated I've been close to vomiting all evening...I didn't feel like this in my first whole30 and I'm, quite frankly, miserable ;( I keep hoping it'll get better but it's been days now and I so tired and poorly!

Definitely the hardest day so far.

Day 10:

Breakfast

Chicken & onion 3 egg omelette with 2 handfuls of sautéed mushrooms in ghee

Lunch

Roast chicken reheated in chicken roasting juices with mashed carrots and Savoy cabbage sautéed with compliant bacon

Dinner

Chicken and broccoli green curry with 1 large courgette spiralized into noodles

Hey, I came to check out your food log after seeing your other thread about bloating and nausea.  I highly suggest a digestive enzyme.  Search here for "enzymes" and see what comes up, if you are interested.  My husband and I have been using Absorb Aid brand for years.

If you have not caught some sort of stomach virus -- I would say it could just be from the massive quantity of vegetables.  Especially if you were not eating a lot of vegetables before your Whole 30.  The garlic stands out to me... it could be that... cabbage... broccoli is one that gives me gas no matter WHAT I do.

I hope you feel better soon.  Good luck!

Today was an awful lot better. I was terrified to eat this morning and really had to force myself after the way I've been feeling.

Today I'm not as bloated, no longer feel nauseous but very gassy!

Day 11:

Breakfast

Chocolate chilli

Lunch

Chocolate chilli (trying to be easy on myself as really didn't want to eat!)

Dinner

Roast chicken reheated in roasting juices, green beans with bacon and sautéed potatoes with a dollop of mayo

Drank loads of water again...still very thirsty.

Spent today lifting boxes and climbing up and down stairs and in and out of vans as I helped a friend move house so very tired and emotionally drained both from the circumstances surrounding the move and the constant turning down of cakes and sandwiches and tins of diet coke (my old addiction) all day!

Day 12:

Breakfast

3 egg omelette with heaps of cucumber and cherry tomatoes

Lunch

Prawn mayo salad (my mayo) with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and grated carrot.

Dinner

2 homemade burgers (mince beef and onion) with pineapple and roasted potato wedges with spring onion mayo dip

Drank loads of water today...mainly to avoid the temptation of diet coke and chocolate croissants!

Archived