vegetable ghee

Aslan

Nooooo!

http://www.americanpalmoil.com/publications/vegetable%20ghee.pdf

it's vegetable oil that they've done god knows what to!

I'm in ireland too, love the user name, the hardest working band in the world eh?

Ghee is super easy to make, just youtube it, but if you can't be arsed they sell it Asia market and the like.

It's hard to talk about ghee for an Irish person without being silly & rude ;):lol:

Hi Derval - I know .............. it's hard to keep a straight face when you walk into a shop n ask for ghee!!!!!

Thanks for the link - I was unsure cos the one I have says it's pure palm oil and I thought that was ok!! Ah well, I'll have a go at making my own.

Oh hang on, maybe I'm wrong so...I think palm oil is ok...though it's not on the fats section on the w30 shopping list pdf....maybe a mod will clarify (ha ha)

But in any case ghee made from Keryygold will be way tastier I'm sure.

YIKES!! It's means Quainte? (HAH...way to rock the Middle English from my Chaucer days). Oh Veh! LOL.

If you can find grass fed pastured butter then you can make it. We get Kerrygold butter here in the states, and it says it's a product of Ireland. Is it really? LOL.

It certainly is - tho the unsalted version seems impossible to find here!! I'd say Kerrygold is the biggest butter brand in Ireland.

And I'm sure you can imagine what it's like asking for ghee in a shop here!! Nearly as much fun as telling a Turk you are sick :P

Loving the Chaucer Hobbitgirl :D

I thought it was very amusing when I firsted started down the paleo path the Americans raving about imported Kerrygold grassfed butter, to us it's just butter :)

Yeah, I don't think they do unsalted, Avonmore do. But I make mine with the regular version. I suppose that means my ghee tastes salty, mwah ha ha.

Mwahahahahaha hahahaha.....

I love useful slang. In my teenage years, I (knowingly) turned my friends onto the term w@nker. They had no idea what they were saying and I thought it was Hi.Lari.Ous.

I just call it clarified butter because, as I've been told, true Indian ghee is made from buffalo milk.

Woo hoo I made ghee!!!!! Looked (and giggled - soo childish!!) at a couple of vids on utube and made it..

I made it with the avonmore unsalted butter - Derval does the kerrygold foam like mad? they all seemed to say if ya manke it with salted butter then it can foam all over the place!!

Archived