Salsa - is this compliant?

Nancyk

I'm in Canada and don't have access to the same stores. Would this Salsa be compliant? Ingredients are: tomatoes, peppers, onions, vinegar, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, potassium sorbate, citric acid, callium chloride (whatever that is). The nutritional facts say 2 sugar and I'm thinking that's from the tomatoes, peppers etc. Any help would be great! Thanks

That salsa is compliant on Whole30. Yes making your own is always going to be better but both potassium sorbate and calcium chloride are salt/preservatives. Don't worry about sugar in the nutritional facts...there is natural sugar in most foods. Worry about it in the ingredient list.  

Thank-you so much!! I'm going to give 1 of them a shot.

Deb's recipes are always good.  She is a pro chef and cook extraordinaire.  I was in a food rut until I started making one new  recipe aday.   She posts an IOD every day....ingredient of the day for every Whole 30 she does.   This is the first set of recipes.

http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/20736-ingredient-of-the-day-links-for-each-day-of-whole-30/?hl=iods#entry216347

Archived