Ruptured Ovarian Cyst and NO APPETITE - DAY 16

RubyRose76

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something similar during their Whole30.  I have ruptured an ovarian cyst, and have been in excruciating pain for the past 2 days.  Multiple blood tests, ultrasounds, more handling of my lady bits than I ever cared to have.

The thing is I have lost my appetite because of the pain.  In the past 2 days all I have eaten is 1 fried egg and some roast sweet potato.

Can anyone recommend anything whole30 ok that I should try to eat?  The thought of meat sickens me, as does highly spiced foods.  All I really want is a piece of toast, but I am day 16 dammit and I am not quitting!

• Moderators

Do you have any broth? It's not really food, but it would be warm and comforting. Homemade would be ideal, but you might be able to find compliant store bought varieties if you need to. You can bring it to a boil on the stove and drop a beaten egg in it and the egg will cook -- like egg drop soup -- so you'll have a bit of protein. How was the sweet potato when you had it before -- could you stomach more of that? You could bake it instead of roasting it, and mash it up with a bit of oil or ghee and maybe some cinnamon, if that sounds any better. When I don't feel good, I prefer scrambled eggs over fried, it's a texture thing, but somehow it works for me. 

I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Shannon.  I have never tried broth.  I doubt if I could find compliant store bought here - I'm in Australia and can't even find complaint Ghee!!!  I might try the sweet potato with oil and cinnamon.  And definitely scrambled eggs.

I just ate the roast sweet potatoes, and they are sitting like lead in my throat.  The strange thing is I'm not hungry, but I know when my hunger comes back I will be at risk of failing the whole30 if I'm ravenous.

Archived