Bumps/Rash on face

nomnomNW

Hi all,

First off, I am on day 9 of my Whole30, going onto day 10. I noticed over the past 2 days that my skin texture on my face is feeling rougher. I noticed today that I have patches of TINY red bumps. They do not itch. 

Has anyone gone through a period where they have skin rashes and/or bumps? I do not have any known food allergies, nor have I eaten anything completely new to my diet before.

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey there-

Woke up day 3 with bumps down my arms...not sure if it is bug bites or the Whole30 consequences...My throat hurts too. Lymph nodes swollen. I am in the same boat, not sure if it is food allergies or a bug just bit me.

• 2 weeks later...

I am on day 3, but last night got a little bit of rash on my arms.  I had used a new body wash, thinking it was that.  But, then in my Day 3 daily email this morning, there was mention of detoxing...acne, rashes, increased allergies.  Still feeling itchy tonight, took some Benadryl, curious about it coinciding with changing my eating!

• 2 years later...
On 9/9/2014 at 10:35 PM, nomnomNW said:

Hi all,

First off, I am on day 9 of my Whole30, going onto day 10. I noticed over the past 2 days that my skin texture on my face is feeling rougher. I noticed today that I have patches of TINY red bumps. They do not itch. 

Has anyone gone through a period where they have skin rashes and/or bumps? I do not have any known food allergies, nor have I eaten anything completely new to my diet before.

Thanks!

I am having the exact same problem. I woke up on day 10 and my facial skin that used to be so smooth is not rough with bumps on it, at first it did not itch but now it is itchy me like crazy:( Did it ever clear up for you? I took an antihistamine an it stopped the itching, bumps and rough skin still present. I am wondering is my body detoxifying itself still? Would love to hear if it ever improved for you? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, Elana Finkel said:

I am definitely also experiencing the itching symptoms, but instead of a rash I am experiencing a major increase of facial acne. It's really uncomfortable! Is this normal? (Day 8).

It's not uncommon for people prone to acne to break out when their hormones are getting rebalanced.  Stick it out

I'm on day 11.  Last night my forearms started itching like crazy while watching tv.  I used an anti-itch lotion and it helped a bit, but today, the itching back in full force and nothing is working.  I also notice red bumps and it appears I must have scratched during the night, bc it's all very irritated.  I have made a point to drink at least the recommended amount of water for my body weight (if that matters).

There really isn't anything I've eaten in the last 11 days that I wasn't already eating - just eat a lot more of some things than I used to (avocado, olives, eggs).

any ideas?  thanks. 

Hi everyone, I wanted to give you an update. My skin never bounced back even after Whole30 was over. I finally went to my dermatologist and she gave me new prescriptions/regimen that cleared it up. I am 28 and she said that is a very common time for skin changes for women, particularly those that have had clear skin their whole lives. Good luck to you all!

Archived