Your (compliant) guilty secret...?

Demobhappy

• 3 weeks later...

I fell in love with clotted cream while in Scotland years ago. I would pour it on fruit and just eat it. I've never found anything nearly as good in the states until I started Whole30! I know we're not supposed to substitute for other foods, but coconut milk mixed with apples, grapes, banana, plum, etc. is even better than clotted cream!! I use it as a side to lunch every once in a while. I also used coconut milk in my carrot coriander soup tonight. Who knew I loved coconut milk!

The weirdest thing I've eaten so far is a recipe for an egg and berry omelet. I never thought eggs went with berries unless they were in custard form! 

Our new favorite that we eat quite often is a beef steak topped with guacamole and homemade salsa. Heaven!!!

sunshine sauce (From well fed)  I could eat it straight.  um...I do eat it straight.  :blink: I just wish my son would let me make it spicier.

Salt.  I apparently have a huge need for salt.  If I don't eat it like crazy during w30, by day 15 I am not able to absorb water.  So yeah, I eat salt straight too.

Avocado, guacamole and egg yolks....all things I hated prior to my first Whole30 and now I actually crave them.  Insane!

My favorite guilty pleasure is to buy a bag of pre-cut organic broccoli at TJ's, toss it with whatever compliant fat I've got (preferably duck fat!) and then roast it until crispy.  I could shovel that stuff in until my stomach hurts!  I literally have to control myself when putting it on my plate so that there is some left in the pan for my husband.  :blink:

I was a ranch fiend.. between that and Blue Cheese, if I had to eat the horrible thing called salad I would drown it, then eat everything with ranch.  If you gave me a different dressing  I hated it.

Now, I love salads, make my own with spinach.. and home made Balsamic Vinaigrette , it's great on veggies and salads. 

The weirdest thing I've eaten so far is a recipe for an egg and berry omelet. I never thought eggs went with berries unless they were in custard!

Coconut flakes/chips are also great in an omelet, as are sliced bananas...although we might be heading into pancake territory there. I never know.

I love so many weird things (my poor family), but I really love the BBQ sauce from ISWF right now, as well as poached or fried eggs in sweet potato hash nests. Also almond butter and coconut aminos mixed up to make a dip for veggies and chicken.

Similar to what someone said earlier, my lunch almost every day is a purple sweet potato drizzle with olive oil, a handful of ground meat (turkey for me, seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic) topped with sautéed sweet peppers and kale and then topped with 1/4 of an avocado.  If I have salsa (Trader Joes makes an awesome compliant version) I'll add salsa to the top.  It's a weird combo but it's amazing and it keeps me very full until dinner. 

Sometimes I'll look at my plate and think 1) that is A LOT of food and 2) the colors!!  Oh the colors!!

Guest Jense58

MeadowLily...Yes, I am familiar and I would be very, very hungry at your house!

Tee hee ... can relate.  I wouldn't even be able to make it through the front (or back) door!  :ph34r:

Archived