PHILADELPHIA - Looking for restaurants/menu items

DanaP11681

I'm going to be doing a Whole 30 that I would like to roll into a modified Whole 30 for 6 months, starting next week.  Six months is a long time.

As someone who has always enjoyed going out to eat, I'm going to need to find a few restaurants to rely on during this time for the "special occasions."

I'm looking for restaurants in Philadelphia or the surrounding suburbs (Media, Wayne, West Chester, etc.) that use organic ingredients, don't add sugar and junk into their food, and practice sustainable seafood practices.  My main concern is oils, because that's the one thing that I usually don't know about with the restaurants I eat at.

If anyone has any recommendations for a restaurant they have visited, or a menu item that is their go-to, I would love for you to share!

Thank you!

• Moderators

Just a note... There is no such thing as a modified Whole30. You either do a Whole30 or you are riding your own bike/following your own program. If you do not want to tell people you are doing a Dana180, maybe you could just say that you are eating mainly meat and veggies and avoiding processed foods. 

Agreed - I'm doing this with the help of an integrative medicine doctor and we're working on some health issues with foods and how they affect me personally.  So the first month is going to be a complete Whole30 - the entire, full-on program.  After that, I will be incorporating certain things back in (not gluten or processed sugar - I'm basically avoiding that stuff forever, even after my 'Dana180').  My doctor wants me to do an "elimination diet" but I was the one who introduced her to the Whole30 and we are going to try my way instead of hers (hers includes rice and some other things not compliant on Whole30), but then see if certain rices and legumes, etc. are ok for me after that so that I know what things to permanently avoid when I'm done with the entire six month process.  Sorry that I wasn't more clear - I didn't want to bore everyone with my details!

Archived