Starting Monday, Sept 15, 2014

ThisDogNNT

@ estrock - It happened to me yesterday. By eating out, I ended up eating something off-plan in spite of my best efforts not to (I diligently asked the waitress about soy in the salad dressing and dairy ANYWHERE on the plate). It was one of those tricky work-related lunches where putting down my fork and refusing to eat another bite did not feel like an option. I finished the darn salad, even though about half way through I had the realization, "Hey, that tastes really familiar...it's parmesan cheese!"  There was cheese in the marinade they used on the chicken which was shredded over the salad. 

So, I guess I am on Day 1 again. I suppose that is okay, since I was going to try and do this for longer this time anyways. Still, a bit of a bummer. I'd like to be able to eat out while on the Whole30 but I realized after yesterday that I haven't really attempted it all that much during my past Whole30s. How do others navigate this? 

Ahhhh, so sorry! I don't recall eating a lot of restaurant meals when I was on my last one, but I know I incurred the ire of two waiters who were upset that I asked for mussels sans cream (and pretty sure some dairy made it into one dish, as I had stomach pains after). You could add five days to the end of your Whole 30 for the dairy portion, unless you suspect dairy is a big issue for you?

I have to admit, I'm already feeling a little burnt out on this go-round. I just really want something like kettle corn or anything that isn't, in the grand scheme of things, terrible for you (like sweet potato chips). I forgot to bring an avocado for my breakfast today, so it was lacking fat, and after my morning workout, I think it started my day off on the wrong foot. 

Luckily, I have a quiet weekend ahead, so should be able to get a lot done and cook healthy things!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhh, so sorry! I don't recall eating a lot of restaurant meals when I was on my last one, but I know I incurred the ire of two waiters who were upset that I asked for mussels sans cream (and pretty sure some dairy made it into one dish, as I had stomach pains after). You could add five days to the end of your Whole 30 for the dairy portion, unless you suspect dairy is a big issue for you?

I have to admit, I'm already feeling a little burnt out on this go-round. I just really want something like kettle corn or anything that isn't, in the grand scheme of things, terrible for you (like sweet potato chips). I forgot to bring an avocado for my breakfast today, so it was lacking fat, and after my morning workout, I think it started my day off on the wrong foot. 

Luckily, I have a quiet weekend ahead, so should be able to get a lot done and cook healthy things!

Thanks so much for this. Yeah, I'm feeling burnt out too, even though I truly want to get back to how great I feel when I eat this way. I spent the day cooking, hoping to inspire myself! I think it is a good strategy. 

Day 6

Well today's crazy bridge with a group of people that I've been hanging out with for the past 17 years so this is definitely going to be a challenge. They are a great group and they've seen me go through all of my diets in the past so they are pretty supportive and a pretty easy crowd. I'm taking Moroccan meatballs and a homemade mayo with some veggies to dip so that way I don't cheat. Also fill my cocktail glass with either diet club soda, is that on the list maybe I'll just take my kambucha.

Yesterday went well but Friday afternoons or late Friday afternoons I always get a little blah. So instead of Friday happy hour with my friends I went to the grocery store. My husband was so sweet he actually went with me we hardly ever go to the grocery store together. I had my list and gave my husband items to go find for me as we went through the store. My husband is not doing the whole 30 with me normally when he does go to the grocery store is to pick up his items which are normally Diet Coke's lots of bag potato chips of different sizes and kinds. It was fun watching him read labels for me to see what the contents were if there was any sugar or not and then him asking me why I can have this and why I can't have that.

I am so inpatient I look at myself and want to be skinny now. The hard part of the day won't be so much the eating and drinking but getting dressed for the party tonight. I'm so disappointed in myself when I can't get in hardly any of my clothes and then the ones I do end up wearing I look pregnant in it,s pretty bad.

Here's to another great day of eating and drinking clean have a great Saturday cheers.

Day 6: And so the headache finally hit at about 2 a.m. last night -- mild to moderate, migraine like, with pain behind my left eye. I'm also a bit nauseous. And as I write this, I still have it. And not hangover induced? Imagine that.

Speaking of imagining, I have no idea what I'll be cooking for dinner tonight, but will figure it out.

Hope everyone is staying strong! Enjoying today means the journey will be 20% complete by tomorrow morning.

DAY 7 and weekend recap:
I haven't posted here this weekend, but it was a crazy weekend! I ran my first 10k on Saturday (more or less walked it) and I was STARVING by the end of it. The three drink stations didn't have any healthy choices to snack on of course, only twizzlers and fig newtons but I said "no"! and took the water and kept on my way. This was in the most hilly area of my state and between adjusting to this new diet and not being physically prepared after I had stopped training for a knee injury, it was a pretty rough run. But I did it and me and my boyfriend enjoyed our Deviled eggs we made with our homemade mayonaise and mustard after the run and had some bananas to get ourselves moving again. I'm so proud of myself and my boyfriend for making it this far.... Even after how terrible I felt like my "run" went yesterday, I made it and it encourages me to start incorporating physical activitiy back into my agenda along with this diet... just not 6 miles again as of yet, I'm really not ready for that!

On a food note, my boyfriend and I had lemon garlic sauteed shrimp last night with salsa as the dipping sauce... This was amazing and would reccomend it to anyone. Who needs that sugary coctail sauce anyhow? As for tonight... I still need to figure out dinner. I didn't get home from work until an hour ago so I had a late lunch. :/ I hate that work throws off my natural food schedule but I can only do so much.

DAY 7 and weekend recap:

I haven't posted here this weekend, but it was a crazy weekend! I ran my first 10k on Saturday (more or less walked it) and I was STARVING by the end of it. The three drink stations didn't have any healthy choices to snack on of course, only twizzlers and fig newtons but I said "no"! and took the water and kept on my way. This was in the most hilly area of my state and between adjusting to this new diet and not being physically prepared after I had stopped training for a knee injury, it was a pretty rough run. But I did it and me and my boyfriend enjoyed our Deviled eggs we made with our homemade mayonaise and mustard after the run and had some bananas to get ourselves moving again. I'm so proud of myself and my boyfriend for making it this far.... Even after how terrible I felt like my "run" went yesterday, I made it and it encourages me to start incorporating physical activitiy back into my agenda along with this diet... just not 6 miles again as of yet, I'm really not ready for that!

On a food note, my boyfriend and I had lemon garlic sauteed shrimp last night with salsa as the dipping sauce... This was amazing and would reccomend it to anyone. Who needs that sugary coctail sauce anyhow? As for tonight... I still need to figure out dinner. I didn't get home from work until an hour ago so I had a late lunch. :/ I hate that work throws off my natural food schedule but I can only do so much.

Wow congratulations on the 10k no matter how it went you did it.  Great idea with the salsa and Shrimp.

Day 7: Nobody else has posted since my last post? OK then! We're having boneless butterfiied leg of lamb tonight. Yeah life is tough.

I'll be right over for dinner it sounds delicious.  I had left overs from yesterday.  Are you getting the weekly emails from Whole30?  They had a recipe for Moroccan Meatballs.  They where ok but not much flavor to them.  

Day 7 is almost over.  One full week without cheating. My goals for the first week was just to stay on course and not cheat.  I thought that the no drinking part was going to be much harder.

Goal for next week:

be more prepared for meals

eat breakfast within an hour after getting up

Walk every day even if it's only for 15mins.  The Dog Lucca is going to love this one.

Drink Bone Soup every day

Eat less Potatoes and sweet Potatoes (I think they where the real reason the first week went so well) to help loose weight.

I would love to hear how everyones week end went.  Keep posting 

Hey there everyone! Well I attempted to post Friday and Saturday by phone but could not. So here we go, exciting it is not...

Friday, day 5: discovered the bacon and sausage I was eating had sugar, which means so did the bacon grease I used all week. My headache finally went away and not sure if it was the massage or just my body adjusting, did not kill anyone or anything!

Saturday, day 6-1: so I know technically this is day 1 since realizing the sugar situation, but this is the most concerted effort in making a lifestyle change that I've ever tried (mind you, this is my 1st time trying to do so) that I'm calling this day 6-1, made it 6 days basically sugar free and following guidelines and eating well, along with exercising. I went to the farmers market and got acorn, spaghetti, and butternut squashes plus some onions and a cantaloupe. And I went back to sprouts to go buy more groceries. Feeling pretty awesome, tired but headache less and full of life. Even managed not to kill the douchebag on my fantasy team who took into upon himself to disrespect me verbally. He will get his and I will continue being a better person in the process. My Gators lost but I didn't cave and decided to make it a priority to bring food to the Broncos party tomorrow.

Sunday, today, day 7-2: ok, I found sugar-free brats at a local carnicería, so they tell me, so I'm stoked for my BBQ. Bring grapes and a salad and homemade dressing... And then, burgers arrive, with some cheese on top... Well what do I do? I end up having 1 1/2 of those burgers which I later learn also have cheddar and bacon in the beef mixture. The cheese on top was about 1 tbsp... So I'm drinking my sparkling mineral water and the Broncos are barely keeping it together... Then we tie it up with what a few seconds to go? And I end up doing a pickle shot. And I say screw it, 1 tortilla chip with queso on it. Oh ya, ate about 1 tbsp queso at halftime with my 2nd jalapeño brat. My friends encourage me through all of this, mind you the shot is for luck which as we all know didn't turn out as such (have to be honest, didn't have the urge to drink and I am highly superstitious, but maybe this is also denial, lol). Did not eat any other carbs (no buns and that was my one and only chip!) and no beer. Oh and stepped on the scale this morning, 5 lbs down.

Sooooooooo, as you can see, I've been way less than perfect. But, one thing I noticed about all of us, is that we are not whole 30 nazis. With that said, I'm not gonna crush my ego by today's transgressions and I'm going to pat myself on the back for being the strongest I've ever been. I will scold myself for not staying true, but won't crumble. Tomorrow is day 8-1 and I'm going to aim high and succeed! I hope everyone stayed stronger than I have and is maintaining a great attitude. Life is good and we are good, no matter what curveball we are thrown!

My weekend went very well. Although all the cooking I did today was frankly exhausting. I managed to avoid the temptation of having a glass of wine when my Mom and I had dinner on Friday. It sounded so good but wasn't worth it for me. My boyfriend has offically given up on the Whole30, which is fine. I don't think he's a "cold turkey" kind of guy anyway. Tonight I made the egg foo young recipe from Melissa Joulwan's Well Feed cookbook, the link is also on her blog: http://theclothesmakethegirl.com/2010/08/08/paleo-egg-foo-yung/. Oh. My. God. It was SO good!

I think the one thing I'm really going to try and focus on this week is portion controlled and being more aware while I eat. I'm just so used to plopping down in front of the TV and shoveling food in my face! It's a tough habit to break. In terms of portion control, I always have trouble knowing when to stop and that was particularly hard with the egg foo young. I went back for seconds even though I was already stuffed! 

Day 6

I am so inpatient I look at myself and want to be skinny now. The hard part of the day won't be so much the eating and drinking but getting dressed for the party tonight. I'm so disappointed in myself when I can't get in hardly any of my clothes and then the ones I do end up wearing I look pregnant in it,s pretty bad.

Cyndi Lou - seeing someone else talk about themselves in this way has made me more aware of how negative it is! This kind of thinking is the same thought process I go through all the time. Feeling impatient. Dreading getting dressed for anything, but particularly social events. It's funny because I never notice how bad this kind of thinking can be until I see someone else doing it. Don't be so hard on yourself! And try to think positively so you don't sabotage your postive efforts with negative thoughts. You should be proud that you're even taking the necessary steps to make the changes you are! 

I always wondered if confidence was just something that came with age. I'm sure there's a certain grain of truth there, but I'm realizing more and more that it has much more to do with kind of training yourself to think in a certain way. 

Keep up the good work and think positive thoughts about yourself!

a. In reference to this last post right above mine, I was listening to a bit of Nathaniel Branden this afternoon. Look him up. He has written a ton of books about self esteem, is an expert on the topic, and is very much grounded in western psychology. He was talking about self acceptance. Here's the key: self acceptance means accepting everything about yourself, including all the parts you don't necessarily like about yourself. Otherwise, you're rejecting elements of yourself, which....lowers your self esteem.

b. What the hell is a pickle shot? Yeah, I haven't had a drink, and found my early reaction to giving up the booze so strong that I went to an AA meeting last week and will go to another one tomorrow. Why not? It's virtually down the street. Oh, and it's anonymous.

The lamb was quite good tonight but in the future I'm going back to the grill outdoors for that. Way too smokey for an indoor cook.

Imagine....one full week is almost in the can! That said, I'm alcohol free for at least 90 days. And I may chew my leg off as a result.

NinaNieve

I'm so glad that you are going with 8-1 and spilling the beans on your eating.  I have done so many diets in the past 20 years and never had a forum to help me through them.  I have always cheated at some point.  But of course I had no one to share them with but my self.  I love that our group shares and that this is real.  I planned on doing this for 90 days only because I figured that at some point I was going to have to start over.  I just didn't realize it was going to be so soon.

I am at  7-3 today as well.  I used a condiment sauce on my sweet potatoes on Tuesday and finished eating the leftovers on Thursday.  I must say I'm not too upset about it because if anything I think the little bit of sugar helped me stay away from the booze.  

I didn't even think to look at the ingredients on the sauce until it was to late.  So tomorrow is 8-4.  

Let's be strong and we can get thru this

Day 8--I'm really happy to have found this group. I like that we're honest and so supportive. 

My weekend was quiet, felt like I cooked all the things. I had a big salad for lunch and then went to a street festival with a friend (well, a girl in my Bible study who I don't know well). She freaked out when she found out about the Whole30 and kept asking why I came to the festival (food trucks, beer, etc.) and then guilted me about getting pie (her buying pie, that is) because she "wouldn't have gone inside" if she knew I wasn't getting anything. Insecure much?

Issue at church on Sunday, we had a potluck and the church provides the meat while everyone else brings sides and desserts. I brought some mixed berries and carrots with guacamole, so knew I was set on that, but got there and the meat was fried chicken (which I hate anyways). So I chowed on some peppers, squash, grapes, berries and guac. Then when I got home I ate egg whites. Potluck of champions!

Also, a word of warning/caution: I bought some cashews to eat during a movie last night (my friend bought Skittles and Pretzel M&Ms). I SWEAR I grabbed the raw can from the shelf, but when I got to the theater I noticed they felt oily. I looked at the ingredients (because I thought I'd reached for the raw ones), and the ingredients said "roasted with peanut or canola or grapeseed oil". "OR"? How is that an OR situation?! 

Fast forward to now--my stomach hurt all night (like it did after my last Whole30 when I went on a fried food binge), like my stomach  lining hurts. Even now, still hurts. I wish I knew WHAT oil it was?! 

So I'm not starting over since I don't know what oil it could have been and if it was compliant. But I think I will add another week of none of those oils after Day 30, just to clear things up.

So, be warned, friends. 

In other news, I made tandoori chicken thighs (modified from Stupid Easy Paleo's recipe), cooked a roast in the crock pot, and made the TASTIEST sweet potato and chicken apple sausage hash for breakfast for the week. I think this weekend I'm going to conquer ratatouille.

Happy crazy eight!

Day 8--I'm really happy to have found this group. I like that we're honest and so supportive. 

My weekend was quiet, felt like I cooked all the things. I had a big salad for lunch and then went to a street festival with a friend (well, a girl in my Bible study who I don't know well). She freaked out when she found out about the Whole30 and kept asking why I came to the festival (food trucks, beer, etc.) and then guilted me about getting pie (her buying pie, that is) because she "wouldn't have gone inside" if she knew I wasn't getting anything. Insecure much?

Issue at church on Sunday, we had a potluck and the church provides the meat while everyone else brings sides and desserts. I brought some mixed berries and carrots with guacamole, so knew I was set on that, but got there and the meat was fried chicken (which I hate anyways). So I chowed on some peppers, squash, grapes, berries and guac. Then when I got home I ate egg whites. Potluck of champions!

Also, a word of warning/caution: I bought some cashews to eat during a movie last night (my friend bought Skittles and Pretzel M&Ms). I SWEAR I grabbed the raw can from the shelf, but when I got to the theater I noticed they felt oily. I looked at the ingredients (because I thought I'd reached for the raw ones), and the ingredients said "roasted with peanut or canola or grapeseed oil". "OR"? How is that an OR situation?! 

Fast forward to now--my stomach hurt all night (like it did after my last Whole30 when I went on a fried food binge), like my stomach  lining hurts. Even now, still hurts. I wish I knew WHAT oil it was?! 

So I'm not starting over since I don't know what oil it could have been and if it was compliant. But I think I will add another week of none of those oils after Day 30, just to clear things up.

So, be warned, friends. 

In other news, I made tandoori chicken thighs (modified from Stupid Easy Paleo's recipe), cooked a roast in the crock pot, and made the TASTIEST sweet potato and chicken apple sausage hash for breakfast for the week. I think this weekend I'm going to conquer ratatouille.

Happy crazy eight!

I would love to hear more about the tandoori chicken thighs and the sweet potato and chicken apple sausage hash.  So did you prep the hash for the whole week?  If so please share breakfast is the hardest for me and sometimes dinner leftovers just doesn't cut it.  This morning I had two eggs (try to find PASTURE-RAISED is best cage free and free roaming are still the same as buying the regular eggs watch  

> eggs)    with garlic cooked spinach.  Thanks for the heads up on the nuts.

Pennylane14, I thought the exact same thing... I had like two cashews on day one then looked at the packaging and it said roasted in peanut oil or canola oil or grapeseed oil... how does that make any sense at all? I decided not to stress over it... I still think I'm rightfully on Day 8 and going to believe they were roasted in an oil I can have... I didn't eat anymore after I saw that anyhow. Plus, after Day 30 I want to keep up with this a little bit and not go back to my old ways. :)

I found an amazing breakfast recipe I used this morning! I really can't stomach eggs just cooked on the skillet so I have to come up with other ways to incorporate them into food... I found my answer: http://www.preppypaleo.com/2012/06/paleo-blueberry-breakfast-clafouti.html?m=1

I used a scraped vanilla bean instead of trying to find a compliant vanilla extract and used the coconut oil option. YUM! I feel so full after that breakfast and felt like I could eat the whole thing. It's not sweet except for the blueberries which gave it some flavor, but it tastes amazing and I'm excited to eat another piece tomorrow morning. I feel like my taste buds are reprogramming themselves, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed this without so syrup on top before the whole 30.

I would love to hear more about the tandoori chicken thighs and the sweet potato and chicken apple sausage hash.  So did you prep the hash for the whole week?  If so please share breakfast is the hardest for me and sometimes dinner leftovers just doesn't cut it.  This morning I had two eggs (try to find PASTURE-RAISED is best cage free and free roaming are still the same as buying the regular eggs watch   eggs)    with garlic cooked spinach.  Thanks for the heads up on the nuts.

Here's the link to the chicken thighs (its was Nom Nom Paleo, my bad): http://nomnompaleo.com/post/3251876576/super-easy-tandoori-chicken

For the breakfast hash, I went off a vegan breakfast bowl recipe, but obviously made it non-vegan, haha:

1 diced/sliced onion

5 Aidell's chicken apple sausage, sliced into coins

3-4 LARGE yams (I bought mine at Whole Food's because TJ's only had wimpy yams, yowza they were big), diced and roasted

2 zucchini, diced (I'm sure you can sub for other veggies too, might have switch up the cooking order)

I used my big cast iron skillet, and it was actually too small (I had a mountain of hash at the end). But here we go:

Cook onions in skillet until they start to brown, add sausage and cook until it starts to brown. Since your yams are already roasted, I add them in here to soak up some of the onion flavor and to marinade in the sausage fat. I let all these things cook around together, then add the zucchini and continue to cook until the zucchini softens. I seasoned with some garlic salt and pepper, but the sky's the limit. 

This filled up a big tupperware bowl almost to the top, so I think I'm good for the week on breakfast. I ate this morning on a bed of spinach, but I think I'll leave that part out the rest of the week and use the spinach for dinner, it didn't really add anything to meal.

Pennylane14, I thought the exact same thing... I had like two cashews on day one then looked at the packaging and it said roasted in peanut oil or canola oil or grapeseed oil... how does that make any sense at all? I decided not to stress over it... I still think I'm rightfully on Day 8 and going to believe they were roasted in an oil I can have... I didn't eat anymore after I saw that anyhow. Plus, after Day 30 I want to keep up with this a little bit and not go back to my old ways. :)

I found an amazing breakfast recipe I used this morning! I really can't stomach eggs just cooked on the skillet so I have to come up with other ways to incorporate them into food... I found my answer: http://www.preppypaleo.com/2012/06/paleo-blueberry-breakfast-clafouti.html?m=1

I used a scraped vanilla bean instead of trying to find a compliant vanilla extract and used the coconut oil option. YUM! I feel so full after that breakfast and felt like I could eat the whole thing. It's not sweet except for the blueberries which gave it some flavor, but it tastes amazing and I'm excited to eat another piece tomorrow morning. I feel like my taste buds are reprogramming themselves, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed this without so syrup on top before the whole 30.

This looks AMAZING! I may whip this up this weekend as I have a visitor on Saturday night and was wondering what to do for breakfast on Sunday. 

Breakfast hash looks great. Thank you. It might even work...for dinner!

Day 8 and we're gonna keep it rocking.

The one big rule I'm breaking is the "eat within an hour of waking up." I'm simply not hungry. In fact it's now 10-ish am and I will eat, but I'm not terribly hungry. Trust me I'm getting my caloric intake -- just later in the day. On my 'five top concerns' list, this is about number 97.

Have a great day everybody!

Hello all! I started with you all on the 15th.

I'm on day 8 and I wonder if I'm doing this right. I read all my labels and am not eating anything I shouldn't be, however I'm not hungry and haven't been since I started.

I'm making all these great meals and when it come times to eat I have no appetite. Breakfast is the hardest for me as I'm in Phoenix, AZ and lets be real it’s hot already at 7am so I'm pretty much eating what I can get down in the morning. Which is fruit, it’s now almost 11am and I'm eating my breakfast. 

Lunch isn't much better as I'm just not hungry or find myself not wanting to eat what I have so I just won’t eat. 

Dinner, again I cook but by the time my meal is ready I'm just not the interest in it. 

I feel pretty good, but I just wonder what happened to my appetite. Before starting this if I didn't eat I would feel shaky, unfocused, cranky and just kind of crazy. But I'm not having that problem now. 

I'm on day 8 and I wonder if I'm doing this right. I read all my labels and am not eating anything I shouldn't be, however I'm not hungry and haven't been since I started.

I'm making all these great meals and when it come times to eat I have no appetite. Breakfast is the hardest for me as I'm in Phoenix, AZ and lets be real it’s hot already at 7am so I'm pretty much eating what I can get down in the morning. Which is fruit, it’s now almost 11am and I'm eating my breakfast. 

Lunch isn't much better as I'm just not hungry or find myself not wanting to eat what I have so I just won’t eat. 

Dinner, again I cook but by the time my meal is ready I'm just not the interest in it. 

I feel pretty good, but I just wonder what happened to my appetite. Before starting this if I didn't eat I would feel shaky, unfocused, cranky and just kind of crazy. But I'm not having that problem now. 

Welcome to the group!

I've seen several other people on forums with the same issue--not being hungry for meals. ISWF says this is because of hormone imbalances (can't remember which hormone), that you're not hungry first thing in the morning or hungry for three meals a day. I've always been a breakfast person, so can't relate, but a friend of mine had luck "getting into" breakfast by spacing her meal out a bit. She started eating within an hour of waking, but didn't completely finish her meal until two hours later. 

For example: she'd have a hard-boiled egg shortly after waking. Graze on two other hard-boiled eggs while getting ready/driving to work. Then at work she'd have a sweet potato. Does that sound more manageable?

I will say, fruit for breakfast is not doing you any favors. That's a lot of fructose (nature's sugar) with nothing to balance out the insulin response (like protein, fat, carbs from vegetables). 

It sounds like you're on the right track, though, since you've kicked the shakes and crankiness. Good luck and keep us posted!

If it makes you feel any better, I've been having similar problems. I just don't have much of an appetite. It doesn't help that I've starting having a dull headache and I've been feeling nauseous. Ugh!  I thought things were supposed to get better! I know this is just part of the ride, but it's frustrating.  

So today is day 9-5 for me.  9 days without drinking any booze not even a sip which is a big deal for me and definitely a high five.  Day 5 without any sugar in my food.  The cheat was in a condiment that I used with my sweat potatoes and was not intentional but because I used it three days in a row eating it as leftovers I feel that I need to start over.  I realize now, since I have finished day 4 yesterday without any sugar in my diet that the little bit of sugar that was in the condiment did make a difference.  It did slow down my accomplishment so just a warning to ya'all even just a little bit of sugar can sabotage your results.  

So yesterday day 4 was hard.  I was craving and lethargic all day.  Hope day 5 is better.

yesterday

Meal 1   2 eggs with sautéed spinach

Meal 2   Left over meat balls with a salad and half avocado

Meal 3   one chicken thigh and salad with cherry tomatoes, asparagus, basil leaves, avocado and olive oil dressing yum

one cup of bone broth mid day

Made some homemade Mayo supper easy even a cave man can do it.  not sure if I like the flavor thou.  I'm going to use half of it today and add some Basil and Garlic.

Finished making a huge batch of beef bone soup.  I put the soup in small jars to put into the freezer.  I plan on drinking a cup of bone soup every day for my knees which hurt when I get up out of sitting or off the ground.

Hope you all had a great day 8.

We are on the ninth day. True to form, I had a rough night last night...was really craving pretty much anything.

But watching the first episode of "Silicon Valley" got my mind off myself -- albeit increased my already dangerous levels of cynicism.

For me, mornings are so much shockingly easier.

My tactic in case tonight is tough -- go hide after our daughter goes to bed and meditate for 10 minutes. I'm predicting that will work.

Archived