Day 8 - Hungry, But Can't Eat

lydibug

Day 8!  Yay!  Days 1-7 had a few ups and downs but were actually not as difficult as I had envisioned.  In general I'm feeling healthy and great:  reached a new pose in yoga yesterday, co-workers are telling me I look good and already asking if I've lost weight (although I'm not even sure since I don't weigh myself).  Right now, I'm at work with the lunch I brought (organic artichoke sausage, eggs with some onions and green peppers mixed in, a leafy green salad, and an apple).  I had breakfast around 7:15 this morning and now it's lunchtime.  I'm very very hungry, but my gag reflexes are going wild.  My stomach is growling like crazy and nothing seems to be appetizing.  I was able to take a few bites of each thing, but the texture just seemed mealy, the flavor off, and it was extremely difficult to swallow.  I thought a few times that I really would throw up.  I'm really craving breakfast cereal for some reason and this is my first intense craving of my Whole 30.  I found some pureed sweet potato in my desk drawer and that's the only thing I was able to eat without feeling sick to my stomach.  Now I'm worried about the sugar imbalance / carb overload caused by the sweet potatoes, but if I didn't eat anything at all, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my work.  Anyone have similar experiences?  Could it be that my proportions are off?  Am I not eating enough variety?  I'm hoping this doesn't happen again in the future and how I can prevent it.

It is possible that your food went bad. Our bodies are pretty good at saying not to eat something if it might harm us. It is also possible you are getting sick. Can you get away from your desk and find some compliant protein at a store and see if you can eat that? If you post your meals for the past couple of days we can see if anything else raises a red flag.

Archived