my log! finally

booksandcoffee

Ok.. starting this log on day 3 but I think I can catch up. 

Main goals for whole30 are slaying the sugar dragon (he has woken up after my first one), getting a better understanding of my relationship with food, and developing a set of rules for myself to follow after I'm done. 

Day 1: 

Meal 1: pulled pork with garlic and onions, sautéed spinach, coffee with coconut milk 

Meal 2: pulled pork (recurrent theme.. I made too much!), butternut squash, kale, pear

Meal 3: Cauliflower soup with grilled chicken. 

Overall felt fine.. not great. Sluggish but excited and didn't have to fight off any cravings. Very tired when 8pm hit. 

Day 2: 

Meal 1: flank steak, 1 egg, sauteed spinach, coffee with coconut milk 

Meal 2: pulled pork, butternut squash, greens, peppers. Fruit salad (blackberries, melon, strawberries) about 1 cup. 

Snack/post workout: 2 soft boiled eggs, spoonful of almond butter

Meal 3: pistachio crusted salmon, roasted brocoli/peppers/leeks, pear. 

Too much fruit today... also I was super hungry by 5pm. Maybe lunch portion was not big enough? Maybe just day 2 kicking in. 

Day 3 (today):

Meal 1: 2 hard boiled eggs, coffee. Failed miserably, no time for veggies. I'll be better prepared next time. 

Meal 2: Leftover salmon, brocoli/peppers.

Meal 3: More salmon, mustard, pistachios. Roasted spicy peppers, bell peppers, broccoli, topped with 2 fried eggs. Amazing!

So far so good today. Tired, but ok. I repeat meals quite a lot because I generally cook for one. Would be nice to at least alternate between lunch and dinner. I will try keeping leftovers for dinner, and doing salads for lunch. 

Just wanted to say: I too cook for one. And to avoid food boredom the freezer has become my friend :) I have found pulled pork freezes quite well. Most meats do, even when cooked. I will usually portion it up into 1-2 serving sizes and then pop it in the freezer. Great for those days when "What am I going to eat?!?" strikes. Squash of all kinds (so far, butternut, spaghetti, acorn and delicate) freeze great. Experimenting with riced cauliflower at the moment, I've heard mixed reviews so hoping that turns out ok. When in doubt I Google.

Welcome back  :)  (and make sure you're getting  your fats in, maybe you just didn't include on the log since you were catching up)

Hi NinjaSarah, thanks for the advice! I keep meaning to freeze foods but haven't really done a good job of it. Part of it is that I don't know what freezes well. Meat is a good idea, today I made about 3 pounds of spaghetti squash with ground beef :) 

I have mostly been doing coconut oil and olive oil over my food for fats, since I am currently out of ghee, and the avocados I bought were pretty bad this time. I probably should do more though.

And here goes day 4! 

M1: Best yet. Omelet made with 4 eggs, spinach, leeks. Enormous and delicious. 

M2: Huge salad: tuna fish, arugula, 1 avocado, olive oil, salt/pepper. Baked sweet potato, one apple. 

M3: Spaghetti squash, ground beef with compliant tomato sauce, steamed broccoli, spoonful of almond butter, banana. 

Feeling hungry today, all day, even right after eating. Most of all, cravings were pretty bad today, but not bad enough that I caved. Also very emotional for no good reason, other than it being day 4 of whole 30. Creepy timeline. 

Excited to have all my meals for tomorrow coordinated and almost ready! 

Archived